Thread: Over-equipping - here we go....

Originally posted by Zargoslord

And it would make PvP easier. I didn t any PvP since i ve seen one where a low level win against a high level just because of being overequiped.
    lol, eg, Firstbuild on RK2
    let me see, a lvl 12 with a QL 105 gun? Can take out a guy that was orange to me while FB was grey?

soz, FB if u read this, but it was a laugh
    Traders are Kings, they are the ultimate in self-buffing and no one can change it :P

http://www.anarchy-online.com/charac...2/name/gokudan

I'm level 87 now, and theres no way I could solo a ql87 mission with a, let's say 110ish weapon. The only way I can solo it is if I have AT LEAST a ql150 weapon. Looks like you need to lower MOB HP a lot.

I hope you do this right and not mess up the whole game. I WILL quit if this isn't done right, but if you do this correctly, I might stay for a few years.
    Video games, my anti-drug

Overequipping, what overequipping?

ok, I havent thought about the consequences, but somewhere I think that you should only be able to use the equipment that you have skill for. I have never understood the overequipping issue.

Of course I agree that the trader buff needs longer duration to be worth anything, but then they do so now as well if they is to benefit the team in any way.

Chartan

btw : Kryos, you are President of the Nordic Alliance, not the Nordic Conspiracy, remember??

Cool Overequiping

For me, just trying to be overequiped isn t roleplay, as some people might tell us.

The real roleplay isn t to use bigger stuff not allowed normally.

Personnaly i never been overequiped. Mostly i do my missions alone, or qometime with someone, but rarely. I have a 30 lvl Adventurer. All i have was gained by myself. I can use all my esquipment without the use of any buff.

I think that using buff to be overequiped isn t really honest. because i don t think it was the purpose of it. And i ve seen people who stacked buff over buff. They are not character, they just are buff machine. They just play as road roller, crashing eveting on their path.

people team just for that, and then, some type of character wasn t really used as they have been made for.

I appove the overequipment rule, because it will help having a better role play instead of having just play.

I don t have any idea about the IPR. Personnaly i don t care about it because, when you was born, noone would ever tell you "hey guy, here the way to redo your life". So why should i do it on my character? there is plenty of time to change skills as far as you rise your level.

Re: lets think about how enfs are effected

Originally posted by MaxEnhancements
    seeing as enfs soul purpose is doing much more damage then anyone else and taking it as well,
    Someone has been smoking the wacky weed. So you want to do more damage AND have the most hit points too.

Point #1: MA are suppose to do more damage than you. NTs are suppose to do more damage than you. You are the tank. It is your job to stop the other player from getting killed. You are not the uber damage dealer.

Point #2: This is why I have a hard time taking the OE whiners seriously. They simply want to have it all. No class weaknesses. Just over equip to cover them all up. I'd like a little diversity in my game, where every profession is good in some areas and bad in others.

Originally posted by Gokudan

lol, just each to their own, Zuh

your point is valid but it would be easier to integrate lvl or title caps on weapons

erm, lol, over 450 posts ???
    22 pages ?????
    yes, I think I will flame more tomorrow :P

??? 22

When I posted I went back on the forum I saw 49 pages..... Maybe the announced boards downtime ? Or what have I took this evening ??? OK I will see that tomorow ; )

Back on topic

To add level or titlecaps on weapons would be a big mistake, much more than actual article. Some weapons have very low requierements compare to other for same ql. Take MPS and MCS as exemple.

I don't think really that implementing gradual malus when you overequip would be that hard.

Let's try a little equation :

damage = baseDamage * ( ( neededSkill - playerSkill ) / playerSkill + sqrt ( ( neededSkill - playerSkill ) / neededSkill ) )

So you apply this formula to every bonus (and malus with a substraction instead of an addition) and you got your OE issue fixed.

Last problem is mobs power. They need to have same stat a good player could have, it means less health, less min damage, lower attack, a real nano pool, etc...

Food for thought

When one does something for an extended period of time, they learn more about that subject. They learn how to accomplish the goals more quickly and with less effort.

Therefore saying that, this will not change anything in the long run. MARK MY WORDS - in 3 months or so, someone will find a way to get twinked beyond what FC intended. Then someone else will find another way. Then someone will do both of those things together.

Its called "Learning". Maybe some people are not as familiar with the concept of learning as others.

It happened in UO. They introduced a new core gaming style to prevent people to do what they have learned. Then they are going to un-implement that very same thing cause people found a way to gain fast with the new rules.

You will never suppress people ability to learn a bigger/better/faster/more way of doing something. In 3 months or so after this patch goes live, the bigwigs at FC will be in the same chairs, at the same board room table, having the same discussion about the same problem (or percieved problem more like it).

Just save yourselves the stress (and $$/man hours/time in making core changes) and let things be....

Thumbs down MP and Engi. Hear my pain

PLEASE PLESAE nix the /pet behind. At the moment my MP is too strong I wont deny that. WHat I REALY dread is having to cast pets 50% below what I can REALY use in order to head into a mission. Anything better than 50% pet is pure debuff bait.

Lets face it you could Easly alter this patch so that the -20% damage effect for overequiping works on pets the same as weapons. This would be MUCH better. I could live with they thought of my atack pet doing less damage and my heal pet healing me less while a debuff times out. having NO attack at all is insane.

The only weapon I carry as an MP is Creation wepons. They look realy nce but there damage output is pathetic already. When you drop them another 20% they will be worthless.

All this means 1 debuff to my LVL 70 MP who at this point can solo a borg searg with self bfed pets means I will be able PERHAPS to solo a rolerrat. If I am lucky

PVP.

At the moment PPL dont like fighting MP's in PVP as we too strong. Imagine it after this patch. EVERYONE will have just 1 sttrategy against MP's and Engineers. Hit them with a debuff FAST before they give attack command to pets and they are DEAD. Imagine MMD for an MP with this patch? PPLK will be lineing up WAITING for the chance to debuff pet classes.

All in all I gota say i love this patch EXPEPT FOR /Pet behind

PLEASE kill that NOW!!!

Originally posted by Crin

First of all I said OR. They got buffs from thier friends OR paid with eBay credits. Ok, I'll admit that that point is not accurate. Some people could earn millions with the uber twinked characters too.

Ignore the previous statement. I'm having fun at your expense. You are missing the point. The problem is that players want to uber twink the characters then go brain dead on strategy. They expect to win by equipment alone. The 20% skill cap still allows getting the better equipment but also means that you have to THINK when you fight. I make that point to counter all the people saying that the OE nerf is for the lazy people. The lazy people will still get creamed.

As for your "scientific" poll, I guess if you wanted to show that people were in favor leagalizing drugs you could take a poll of the prison population. After all they would know best about drug usage.

I stand by my statement and I didn't say it was a 1:10 ratio. I said it was much much bigger than a 1:10 ratio. Read that as "We won't miss you when you are gone".
    have you pvp'd at all? since when does equipment do EVERYTHING....or even close...for all those of you that are pissed off that low lvl twinks woop your ass, lvl up...the more you lvl the more the game balances out...so at lvl 130, everybody is using ql 200 stuff or close...so strategy is *everything*...along the way, strategy still plays a HUGE part of pvp...that's why traders are so good, not because of mindless TAB Q, but it takes smarts...like i said before, only a soldier stands a chance against a trader, pre/post patch...

as it is still, strategy can win over OE more often then not. let's leave OE'd traders out of the equation, and bring me up a twinked prof, i'll show you his/her menace profession (as that's how FC wants pvp) without a need to be twinked...the OE patch is 100% unecessary. It promotes mindless drones. those that you say would strategize now, should be doing it already and putting up a fight in pvp, regardless. those that complain, obviously, don't use strategy, or have been using the wrong one.

and for your comment on the ratio, that just furthers your ignorance...the way everything is sorting out, those for the patch, those against it...it's like polling twelve year old kids on legalizing drugs...they don't know, and haven't had the life experience to make an informed decision...

i'm saying ask those higher lvls NOT BECAUSE they understand twinking more...but understand the game more (or life in the analogy)

"we wont miss you when you are gone"

i can care less. I am speaking on behalf of the higher lvl players, as hopefully one day you'll be. Take our advice. It's not a good idea. like i said, if you don't believe, try lvling some more. you'll regret what you say. i hope you're under lvl 75...cuz if you aren't, think of having your equipment gimped, and then you fight a lvl 120 and get your ass handed to you because the 120 meets the req's...."yea that's how it should be" you might say...but at least now, WITH STRATEGY, a lvl 100ish can stand up to 150...it's not out of the question...bring in the new patch, yer screwed in pvp from 75-120, period.

p.s. since when do we get punished for having friends do us favors (i.e. buffs)

Re: Re: lets think about how enfs are effected

Originally posted by Crin
    Point #2: This is why I have a hard time taking the OE whiners seriously. They simply want to have it all. No class weaknesses. Just over equip to cover them all up. I'd like a little diversity in my game, where every profession is good in some areas and bad in others.
    First, I've posted this several times, so am not gonna complain if it does get used

The answer to OE is simple, lvl or title caps like the weapons can be used upto 20 QL's above your lvl. That'll keep a challenge upto about lvl 180 and still keep people interested in the game.

PS. Traders are allowed to whine, the point of having the deprive/ransack lines of nanos is to be able to use OE, on nanos or weapons, otherwise they'd have give us debuffs like the MP ones
    Traders are Kings, they are the ultimate in self-buffing and no one can change it :P

Outstanding!

This will be the best patch ever and will go a long eway to ensuring AOs longetivity in this growing market.

It maybe be painful for a minority of players immediately after the patch, but by and large, the majority of players will be much happier. And in a few weeks time, OE as we know of today will be forgotten.

All I have to say is, WAY TO GO FUNCOM!

My faith is somewhat restored in you, but you still have a long way to go, but this is definately a step in the right direction.

Zwie

Originally posted by besheba

most are just finishing subscritions
    Haha, some of you are too much. Quit already. Who cares. It's a game, not life or death. Bye bye .. enjoy whatever you're going to do. Wish you the best etc etc.

Angry Re: Re: Re: lets think about how enfs are effected

Originally posted by Gokudan

PS. Traders are allowed to whine, the point of having the deprive/ransack lines of nanos is to be able to use OE, on nanos or weapons, otherwise they'd have give us debuffs like the MP ones
    traders are not allowed to whine. their ransack/deprives are what makes them better than everybody else now. so no more wrangling, i get it. make yer money like the rest of RK and mission... Traders can mezz 100% missions too. Traders are the BEST profession as it is, overall and now they are even better. They outheal docs, out dmg (over time) any profession, they have area roots, roots, calms, a better HE than nts, AND have *combat related* skill enhancers.

wtf is there to cry about?

Talking

I just want to welcome all the first time posters to the forums.

Well... What can I say.

I too have been playing for a while. My primary character is a lvl 90 Martial Artist. You might think "He's an MA, He cant OE worth a damn, so he shouldn't have an opinion on it". Its true I cant overequip since i dont use equipment (aside from armor). However I can still have an Opinion. I've recented the fact that ppl OE weapons but hey, thats life. I could have chosen a different Proffesion if I wanted to OE. The fact that FC now seems to want to take away the only advantage Pet Owners have (ie. The Engineers bot) is totally ludacris.

Most the characters at higher levels require at least a trillion xp to level and that is gonna take forever if we have to solo greenies. A greenie for me for example is only worth 3000xp and since I need 1.000.000+ xp its gonna take 340 monsters, give or take a few, to gain a level. My only way to gain Levels is therefore teaming with an Engineer with a Hardcore pet. This is also what I do. I can say that the engineer i usually team with has NO OE'ed Equipment. Only thing OE'ed is the bot. And for good reason. He can at the current point hardly make a Perfect Guardbot and when he does make one (for fun) it orange to me and he is Lvl 103 so i figure its green to him. He use both Wraggles and Infuses to get a decent bot that he can actually use to kill thing. I can take down his Guardbot with very little difficulty so a monster hitting harder than me and with more HP than me would have absolutely no problem taking down the Bot. And what is an Engineer without a Bot. I'll tell you: DEAD.

I can undestand the fact that you want to remove Weapon and Armor OE. I've been looking for that in a LONG time but leave the teams with at least the one advantages of a decent Engineer with a somewhat powerfull bot. Afterall most people know that to get rid of a bot in PvP all u have to do is take down the Caster and for all the time i've played, i have NEVER seen an Engineer do PvP with a bot.

In short: Leave the Engies alone, they are the only advantege we have left and we cant survive without them.

P.S.: As many others i've often taken my subscription up to Evaluation cause of Nerfs like the proposed one. Believe me, if it is actually Implemented, Im gone. For good this time.
    Last edited by Dharshar; Mar 12th, 2002 at 01:15:34.

Well well well...

I confess I didn't make it through 24 pages, but I do know this. I am about to get extremely rich. If an Engineer has to get a mochams every time he wants a good pet (or a Crat or another MP for that matter...) then he'll be looking for a buff. Same goes for Agents and other buffing classes.
    This could be very interesting. I wonder how much buffs will go for since everyone will need them all the time....

A.

one other thing

you know correct me if i'm wrong
    but didn't the patch say only reduced 20% if your stats aren't within the 20%.

that means as long as you have the buffs you are okay. which sounds absolutely fair to me. matter of fact thats how i play most of the time anydamn way i always thought it was rather dumb get buffed put on stuff then remove buffs and be just as good as if you had the skills in the first place.

i think fc should actually put more weight on the att/skil ratings of the player rather than your dmg being almost totally based on weapon rating

Originally posted by Meskulan
    I WILL quit if this isn't done right, but if you do this correctly, I might stay for a few years.
    Here ... let me help you over the ledge.

/me kicks Meskulan in the back of the knee.

Did that help?

Re: Re: Re: Re: lets think about how enfs are effected

Originally posted by Akasha

traders are not allowed to whine. their ransack/deprives are what makes them better than everybody else now. so no more wrangling, i get it. make yer money like the rest of RK and mission... Traders can mezz 100% missions too. Traders are the BEST profession as it is, overall and now they are even better. They outheal docs, out dmg (over time) any profession, they have area roots, roots, calms, a better HE than nts, AND have *combat related* skill enhancers.

wtf is there to cry about?
    Don't u love self-criticisers, there is a reason for having a wrangle line, don't post if you don't think what that is first

U lose skills for a short time
    Someone gains skills for a short time

So what is the point in the really high lvl wrangles if a person won't be using weapons or pets for that reason, why not remove Trader class and start nerfing the rest.

Look at the valid points

Re: one other thing

Originally posted by fumar
    you know correct me if i'm wrong
    but didn't the patch say only reduced 20% if your stats aren't within the 20%.

that means as long as you have the buffs you are okay. which sounds absolutely fair to me. matter of fact thats how i play most of the time anydamn way i always thought it was rather dumb get buffed put on stuff then remove buffs and be just as good as if you had the skills in the first place.

i think fc should actually put more weight on the att/skil ratings of the player rather than your dmg being almost totally based on weapon rating
    Like I also said, lol, if they increase the trader nano time length, then I couldn't care less, this makes the nanos a complete waste of time (u try to get a team when the patch means u can't OE and the nanos are useless)

Page 24 of 90 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424374 ... LastLast