Thread: Grid Programs

Grid Programs

i read a thread someone wrote and i got an idea that might fix the LD in the grid

how about Different places to be warped to inside the grid?

let's say Doc Grid grids you outside Tir Indicator,

and maybe fixer at somewhere else just not the place you enter the grid so it dosnt get crowded

another place for the Controll tower grid etc etc

Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

or how bout just making the grid spawn more instances. Its all digital, so why cant each person have their very own instance of the grid?
    President of Midnight Reveries

Every person may have their own personal grid but that has to be stored somewhere and I doubt every person can have their own spawned personal sever. The real problem isn't too many people in the grid but too many people on the same server. Different areas are on different servers.

Course then the answer is why don't they build more servers, computers are relatively cheap?

Originally posted by SlyHunter
    The real problem isn't too many people in the grid but too many people on the same server. Different areas are on different servers.

Course then the answer is why don't they build more servers, computers are relatively cheap?
    Well, if more servers were built, and the existing people were spread out more evenly across those servers, HOW realistic would the planet of Rubi-Ka feel with only a thousand people on each server? A planet would SURELY have more occupants roaming it at one time!

Besides, I agree that if we each had our own separate grid to travel it would seem a little wasteful of resources. And I've never really had problems with LDing in the grid. I'm on Rimor, so maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe and alternate solution would be to make each FLOOR in the grid be a zone.

I also like the idea of having each profession's Grid Nano put you in a different place in the grid.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

you mis interpret server.
    One world of rubika isn't kept on one computer.
    They have their communication server which is a ring of computers assigned to talk to you.
    They have their Tir server which is one or more computers assigned to Tir city, then you have Tir county server and Greater Tir County server etc.

Their are allot more than just one computer running each world.
    Keep in mind I can't be 100% accurate since I'm not on Funcom's side of the view point so I'm just using logic and common sense to extrapolate what is probably the design.

ie the Grid is one or more computers probably just one but I could be wrong. Spawning more grids would pull more resources from that server and thus would not solve anything. Adding another computer to handle the load might but then they would have to split the grid in one way or another either down the middle or by spawning a different virtual grid when one got filled like one suggested above.

You can have 1 million people in the same world but the zones would have to be made smaller so more servers can be put into play to support that. Not really feasible if one zone got too popular *shrug*