Thread: Life, Universe, and Everything

Life, Universe, and Everything

Ok, this is going to be a big laundry list of complaints. Please add any that you have in replys.

Missions:
    1) Fix the "observe missions" and please allow them to be completed while in combat. Blitzing missions are a valid tactic as you've said yourself... there are times when I've been in the middle of a mission and a friend /tells me and i wana just get the item and get out!
    2) Fix conceal. Agents should be able to conseal past a lot of creatures easilly... perception checks, eh? It should be a 99% success rate for a 1/2 (even) difficulty mission and approx 70% for a 3/4 (half hard) mission. This should also help other classes increase their conceal skills if they really want to make money.
    3) Locations, they seem to still be a little broke... missions used to be the focus a long time ago. Now they're a burden to just get some money. You don't see many new people get planes now, people just dont have the money!

PvM
    1) FIX AGROS. Even if the team heals not agroing was a bug to begin, please revert it. I tried playing my doc, but it was just no fun having to run all the time. The single heals agroing, fine... but HOTs and team heals are a blanket effect. I could accept sacrificing some range on team heals just to have them not agro.
    2) Max/Min damage. Monsters seem to crit extremely often (1 of 10 hits) where as me, a medium-high equiped enforcer crits only 1 of 20 or 30 normal hits (without extreme buffs like SG and or dirtyfighter). Please explain your system a little bit... i've tried almost everything
    3) Balance the HP/Damage of some mobs. There are grey mobs that I can barely beat because of their frequent attacks (nanofreiks!?!). Is this the design? This isnt a big issue as I can solo some red mobs that i may be "grey" to them - guess it balances, but is this what you really want?

PvP
    1) RANGES. High level nano casters should have the advantage at higher levels. They've been working hard in the lower levels, let them have their range back, geesh.
    2) DOTs. I have had battles versus DOCs that were shorter than vs soldiers with my enforcer simply because of high lvl DOTs. Something needs to be done there. I get DOTed, the Doc HOTs themself and I see NO change in their health. This should go for almost all levels... the chance to resist seems a little low on DOTs which should be one of the easiest nanos to resist.
    3) Hurray for the 15sec of invulnurability upon zoning! (not a gripe :P)

Tradeskills
    1) This goes hand in hand with the missions idea of makeing money across the board. Each class has thair way to make money at med-high lvls. Enforcers, Soldiers and Fixers can blow through missions fairly easily solo, doing a lineman blitz for mission objectives if they have to. Agents and crats can sneak missions. NT, Engys and MPs have their NP and Raw trade skills to keep them going. Docs get paied and treated nice, as well as casting IC and treatment buffs. Bring out more trade skills! They are not econimcal for the most part... make them a little easier, then docs can really start to make money by selling their nice treatment labs and engineers can really make some rings that have good, unique bonus.
    2) Tutoring. This is an unharnesed area. Lets be able to make some use of it, eh?

Nanos
    1) Range cap. Maybe fixing at 100m i can understand - but 40m? It's too bad that some people graphics cards cant support it, but that's destroying game play.
    2) Skill requirements. Constantly introducing more lines of nanos could completely change the way that a player wants to play with nanos. This is just somethign to keep in mind - i suggest focusing a little more on what nano skills are more concentrated by what classes. Keep them straight with what is already the central Nano skills for them already - just something to keep in mind when adding new nanos crystals.

Story
    1) Lets get news terminals or a MotD system in game please... this will let everyone really feel immersed in the story.
    2) Static dungeons are a little too hard, im not saying they should be solo-able or single-group-able but they are just way to hard to get through.

there's more to my thoughts... here's something to start out
    General Mege
    Minister of Political Affairs
    M.O.T.H.E.R.
    Mobile OMNI-Tek Heavy Emergency Response
    --
    Mege - Atrox Union Man
    Meger - Atrox Worker
    --
    Our alliance already has a name - OMNI-Tek.

Here are some of mine:

Global Chat Channel. Last patch, the trade channels (or at least the 1-50 one) was basically global. The only places I found where you couldn't use it was when you were inside, be it a shop(?!) or a mission. Now, only people in the zone you are in can hear you. WAY TO IMPLEMENT A ZONE-WIDE SHOUT COMMAND!!! Anyhow, I personally believe that that (unannounced) change was in response to people saying that it was annoying to have to walk all over creation to get to a trade you set up on the trade channel. So instead of addressing the actuall problem, and implementing some sort of long distance trading feature (I would personnally use the bank..but thats just me), they instead did something nobody even close to wanted, and 'nerfed' the trade channel.

In short, they need to: a) change the trade channel back to what it was; and b) introduce a truly global OOC channel. Truly global as in YOU CAN USE IT FROM ANYWHERE!!!

Fumbles, resists, and interrupts. I see nothing wrong with any of these, except their frequency (for fumbles and interrupts). I feel that the best way to have implemented these would have been to make nanoformulas use up the required nano during the duration of the casting; so if you cast the nano, and intentionally intterupted it half-way through casting it, you would have only used half the nano. And, with that in effect, I would have changed fumbles so that if the system says you should fumble this spell, it then rolls to see when you fumble it. So you could fumble in the first instant of the nano, and thus loose very little nano, or you could fumble at the very end (like now) and loose all the nano (like now), but most of the time, you would fumble sometime in the middle, making fumbles still annoying, but not quite the showstoppers they are now. Same for interrupts.

PvP Combat: I like the 1/2 damage thing, but it really sux for NT's and other nano-combat classes. 1/2 damage, same nano. Bad move. I can (effectivly) cast 1/2 as many nanos as before, making me almost garunteed to run out of nano before I can kill an even level player (not even taking into account that I can't kill another nanomage NT identical to myself (much less an atrox enforcer 2 levels above me) in anything less than 28 seconds except under extrodinary circumstances, even barring armor and defensive nanos).

Debuffs. They should be canceled when the casting mob is killed or combat is otherwise ended (I don't know if player-cast debuffs should work this way). It simply rediculous that you just have to sit down and go make a snack or something while you let the debuff wear off!

For example, I'm fighting JoBobs (a made up kind of mob) as a nanotech and one of the nanos they cast is a -40 mat crea debuff. This hinders my ability to fight them, so I calm all the mobs I'm fighting and I sit and wait for the debuff to wear out (which, for this particular made-up nano is 5 minutes). Since they are non-aggro, and I have calmed them, and there are no aggro mobs near, I feel safe enough to go make a snack while waiting for the debuff to wear off. I don't particularly want a snack, but what else an I going to do while waiting for the debuff to wear off, just sit here?!

Under my suggested change, the debuffs would wear of almost immediatly after combat has ended, making the game that much faster (and thus funner..nobody want's to just sit there)
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

lets have pets die when their master dies.. sucks killing an engi or a meta and have to fend off his/her pets afterwards
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Talking bug list

Yet another bug/complaint list ? Why don't you reply to one that was already there instead of asking others to reply to yours ?

who else has ideas for this? i didnt see an all encompasing post in my random searches... so i'd thought i start one... bump as well :P
    General Mege
    Minister of Political Affairs
    M.O.T.H.E.R.
    Mobile OMNI-Tek Heavy Emergency Response
    --
    Mege - Atrox Union Man
    Meger - Atrox Worker
    --
    Our alliance already has a name - OMNI-Tek.