Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conflict uniting the neutral population?

With all due respect, Savoy, Sumokan himself said that they view this a a piece of military and tradeskill hardware, never mentioning Computer literacy.

And what of this "Consortium of neutral organizations"? Smacks of government to me.

How many times have innocent, well intentioned scientists had their research funded, and then perverted by their benefactors? Its almost an historical altruism...A scientest of the name "Nobel" comes to mind.

I am not against token rewards for neuts. But there are 2 things that glare out.

First, RUR is creating a weopon that will destroy Life, Property, and Peace.

And second, With the formation of a token issuing body, whose job it is to reward neuts for the murder of Omni-Tek citizens, and clanner animals, they end their neutrality, and declare themselves participats in this conflict.

Again I repeat: Give them token boards. Its about time they took up arms legitimately and stoped hiding behind a convienient veil of neutrality when it suits them.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Originally posted by Editor: IRRK
    No doubt the debates will go on, but in the midst of fights, we still remain joint together, even if it means we will be a step behind when it comes to skill. Tokenboards may come and they may not, but for the people whose preference it is to stay outside the conflict, the freedom of choice and independence unites us more than any hi-tech gadget would ever do.
    For once, I actually have to agree with you here. Throughout all the neutral shades of grey…independence and freedom of choice is what is neutrality

Originally posted by Bliqz
    And second, With the formation of a token issuing body, whose job it is to reward neuts for the murder of Omni-Tek citizens, and clanner animals, they end their neutrality, and declare themselves participats in this conflict.
    Uh oh, I hate to say this but I agree with Bliqz here. He is actually right…for once

Originally posted by ASIMPLENT
    Would be something to see a Neutral borad, but i think youll see drops in manpower for both dirty nasty clanners and the precious citizens of Omni-Tek.
    Very true…every gankers dream isn’t it.

Originally posted by Sumokan
    The only argument that had a valid point was that if neutrals were allowed a token board is that neutrals would now be considered a true "faction".
    And as pointed out later in this reply, a neutral by definition CAN NOT be a faction. Making us a third side is wrong, and a non-neutral action.

I will not lie to the sided and admit we the neutrals lose many to the token board.
    Weak willed people…as others have said elsewhere, it’s there loss.

If the neutrals had a token board I have to wonder if some of the sided would come back?
    Do we want them back?

I have to wonder if this is what the anti token board neutrals are afraid of, losing there uniqiness or there exclusive club mentality.
    No, they are afraid of becoming something they are not. And becoming a faction and in so doing so loosing there neutrality. As well as making it the ideal platform for those who just want to grief and gank as many as they want.

If Neutrals had a token board or did not have one it would not lead into a any dramatic change.
    So if nothings being gained, why do it?

So the argument that we would get more powerful and things would change is sporous logic at best.
    As above, if we gain nothing then why bother. If we are gaining and becoming more powerful then surely its both logical and something rightfully that the Clans and the Omnis should concern themselves with.

I am leave you here with this for now, a little definition for those who have forgotten it which has been around for sometime now:
    Neutrality (ny ôô tral’Ə tç) n. 1. a being neutral 2. a status or policy of a neutral nation, group or party.
    Neutral (ny ôô trƏl) adj. 1. not taking part in either side of a quarrel or war 2. to be shot at by anyone yet not to be able to start a fight 3. not one thing or the other; indifferent 4. having little or no decided colour or faction 5. AO. to be neither Omni-Tek nor Clan 6. Chem. Neither acid or alkaline 7. Elec. Neither Negative or Positive – n. 1. a nation, group or party not taking part in a war 2. a neutral person 3. a neutral colour 4. Mech. A disengaged position of gears – neu’trally adv

Ok, so the not being able to start a fight has gone thanks to the war mongers. But do we really want to become a faction? No. It is, as mentioned here defined that anyone, person or group that steps out of there neutrality and picks a fight is loosing there neutrality:

“1. a nation, group or party not taking part in a war.”

Defence, as is permitted by this, and as such neutrals can defend themselves, yet CAN NOT be aggressive. And there is nothing here for those Omnis or Clanners who say why do we have towers or land if this is the case, as no where does it say we can’t have land. Am I a pacifist? No. Am I involved in this or any other war? No. Am I neutral? by simple definition, I surely hope so, yes. I do not like to be dictated to by people involved in war.

There is, as ever shades of grey even in that definition, and that is why many neutrals tolerate others who stand beside them yet are in themselves there own wannabe mini factions. I won’t, and I can’t take any action against them. It’s against my beliefs…but I will tolerate them.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Originally posted by Nyadach
    Uh oh, I hate to say this but I agree with Bliqz here. He is actually right…for once
    Bliqz makes a mental note to become even MORE radical as we cant have the neuts and clanners agreeing with us now can we?

(( ))
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

I'm neutral because it serves my purposes. I do freelance work for both sides so why shouldn't I be rewarded the same as the sided? Equal pay for equal work.

I for one will take the token board. ((And farm tokens like a motherfigure! ))
    Ike "Fikksit" Schatz - General of Desert Winds
    Sleep is for the weak

Originally posted by Bliqz
    With all due respect, Savoy, Sumokan himself said that they view this a a piece of military and tradeskill hardware, never mentioning Computer literacy.

And what of this "Consortium of neutral organizations"? Smacks of government to me.

How many times have innocent, well intentioned scientists had their research funded, and then perverted by their benefactors? Its almost an historical altruism...A scientest of the name "Nobel" comes to mind.

I am not against token rewards for neuts. But there are 2 things that glare out.

First, RUR is creating a weopon that will destroy Life, Property, and Peace.

Again I repeat: Give them token boards. Its about time they took up arms legitimately and stoped hiding behind a convienient veil of neutrality when it suits them.
    Bliqz,

First of all what we are building is not an offensive weapon. While extra health, nano pool and assorted buffs will help a soldier stay alive, they will also helps people in all walks of life. If EO expects military hardware from us, they are likely to be very disappointed as we have no expertise or interest in that area.

Secondly, enough with this hypocracy. If Omni Tek were really concerned about, as you say neutral murdering Omni-Tek citizens, they could start by not selling those OT made weapons to the neutrals in the place, weapoans which can be found in any neutral arms or general store.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Again Nydach gives the defination of neutral on his dreams and version.....I will not respond to your other illogical statements since they are prejudice and shortsighted.
    OOC/ You really have to wonder what some people think neutral means? partically when said people finds a dictionary definition of neutrality, and neutral as illogical, prejudiced and shortsighted.

While this is so OOC, the token board...yes I would like to use one, but I can also see that it goes against neutrality as defined above by the Collins English Dictionary (ok the AO bits came in back when this definition first appeared in game in Sept. 2001). So by that definition, it is as such that a char can do only certain things and remain neutral...if I do other things, then I use a sided char for it. It is a very hard role to stick to a definition like that, but it gives you something to strive for, as looking around I see that the HH also sticks to what can only be called neutrality also. This does of cause mean that if you go out and pick a fight with one of the factions, then yoy have lost your neutral status.

You may criticise Nya for fence sitting, keeping out of things and not participating in various scurmishes with factions. But that is him being in the role of neutral. If you wish to put in to what a neutral is and that they can start a fight with whom ever they like and still remain neutral, than you need to rewrite the english language. But for now, myself, and Nya are sticking with the dictionary on this one over anything else.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

As an employee of Omni-Tek, I feel that Tokenboards can at times be at times, hazardous. Because the tokenboard has to emit a low pulse of notum beams for its positive effects, there is the chance that some evolution will occur within the fauna of our planet, and with that, will give away positions, which could be hazardous to the person weilding the tokenboard.

Just some thoughts from a science hobbyist, for Omni-Tek of course. I would be happy if the effects endangered clanners..

/ooc Psst... let's keep this ic!

Intreguing Saletor...so a token board can effect the environment?

*runs for the fall out shelter and looks around for Nax? and hands Dabblez a life jacket*

I think you're gonna need this

((ooc/ oops for the mistaken name earlier))
    Last edited by Nyadach; Jul 3rd, 2003 at 12:21:44.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

/ooc Psst... Savoy (my other character) has nothing to do with this storyline, its Dabblez who is in a sea of trouble!

Bliqz, we neutrals conduct mission to destory and neutralize Omni/Clan/Neutral threats since day one. From what the mission terms says they are out lawed and must be eradictaed with all due prejudice. I even teamed with some of your org members such as Healsike and killed Omni, Clan and Neutral outlaws. Just because we participated in missions does not make us involved in the Omni/Clan conflict. Also I thought Comp Lit was part of tradeskills which is something we neutrals can all use. As far as a Consortium being a neutral govt it is nothing as gradoise, just a couple of guilds that wants to fund reserch on a neutral token board and it will disband after the project either fails or succeeds.
    ((OOC- My org is not a RP org...They are supportive of me, but do not RP as a rule. I try not to involve them in these rants of mine as I dont want to put them in a position where people expect them to play the game ina manner they dont want to...And Healsike is good people, even if hes not in my actual org. ))

((IC from here on out))
    You may destroy Omni, clan , or neutral threats, but the fact of the matter is that you are killing Omni Employees regardless of their legal status. We have Omni-Pol to to address criminals within our organization. I am aware that ths has been going on for quite a long time...My concearn is that you are now offering rewards to neutrals who go out of their way to kill Omni-Tek employees.

And Dabblez, ((sorry bout the name snafu, Savoy...DOH!...I mean Dabblez... ))
    It it not my place to question the actions of OTRK and what business deals they make with Neutral Merchants, but I suspect that like the clan weapon merchants that these weapons in question were provided by the SOL Banking Company...but of course they COULD have been "Defensive Weapons" that were lifted from hereoic but dead fingers and sold for the few creds they fetch...Speaking of monies for weapons, I hope you enjoy the 30 pieces of silver the neuts pay ou for your efforts.
    Last edited by Bliqz; Jul 3rd, 2003 at 13:41:52.
    God is a bullet.

Shees..

Anyoen that feel that he/she can speak up for al neutrals speak up now. and I`ll tell you right away Im neutral and you do not speak for me..

See Im not Clan that follow Sentinells and their ruels or Cot if you like.. and Im not OT and follow your dear CEO, Im neut i follow me.. and a few friends.. at times if they need me.

Tokens well i don´t care at all , use don´t use em . up to you , not me..

Both sides use me as target anyway . so i can´t really see how a littel thing on my neck is going to save my rear end sorta speak .
    Last edited by Itel; Jul 9th, 2003 at 01:06:00.

Come now, Itel.

You mean to tell me you wouldn't want to put all those nice NCUs I've been building with Fali to work without ripping your guts out first?

Keep up the good work Dabblez and Sumokan...we're all ears in this sector (RK2).

As far as Bliqz is concerned, I'm sure he knows and thoroughly enjoys his hipocracy. Personally I think he's actually afraid of a little more challenge. Not that he'll catch me before I bolt into the grid, token board or not.

*takes out an OOOOLLLDDDD earth holovid of Roadrunner and Coyote* This thing still cracks me up. You should watch it sometime, Bliqz.

I'll creep back under the computer generated rock now.

/Lastsecond2

Nyadach I respect your views on neutrallity and that your organization fights to maintain those ideals. It is difficult to to have strong ideals in this chaotic world. However I will tell you why the Nanomage Liberation Front is neutral, and why we don't fit into your idea of neutrallity. The Nanomage Liberation Front fights for the rights of all Nanomage, whether Clan, Omni, or Neutral. It is true that we have conflicts with mainly Omni, but as well some Clan organizations/departemts. We even have conflicts with other neutral organizations. The reason we are neutral mainly is there is no way we can call ourselves Clan or Omni, we are outside of that conflict and are in our own, self determined conflict. You have your view of Neutrallity, so does Healing Hands, but others are simply neutral because they don't give a damn about the Omni/clan conflict.

As for the Token board technology, I see no reason why we shouldn't strive to develope something that would better the lives of all of us "neutral" citizens. It will surely change some of the make up of the neutral community, but I feel that the larger older organizations will have a great effect on how the neutral community changes and grows should this take effect. Since Notum Mining Deregulation *shudders* we have had our fair share of rouge omni/clan funded organizations use our Neutrallity as a base of operations. As you may see most of these don't last long and the make up of the neutral community has remained steady. I don't fear what is new, I see it as a challange.

(( and for those of us that stay neutral for RP reasons TBT will be a great help for tradeskills and PvP/PvM. I would love to be on an equal footing in combat with my enemies ))
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12