Thread: Beauty Contest at Baboon’s Marred by Increasing Tensions.

Post Beauty Contest at Baboon’s Marred by Increasing Tensions.

Shizulin and Marloe were crowned winners of the Baboon’s Beauty Contest on Friday despite the event having attendance marred by increasing political tensions in the region. The event, sponsored by Sizzleen of Angelblue had a small but energetic crowd. Sizzleen is well known in the community for her lavish and large parties, but this one had under a dozen attendees.
    One attendee, Gestava, stated the low attendance was due to the rising conflicts.

“…lucky to find people here these days. Everyone is busy,” explained Gestava. “When your backyard is being blown up by clanners it’s hard to get into a party mode.” He went on to explain, “I blame the extremist clan groups, The Sentinels first and foremost. I’m hoping the clans will find the strength and will to remove the clan from Tir themselves. Otherwise, Omni will do it for them, with all the bloodshed that will undoubtedly entail.”
    Another attendee who wishes to remain unnamed due to a high political post within Omni-Tek stated he had recently seen disturbing events while on maneuvers near an Omni-Tek supply post. He cited that some within Omni-Tek have been helping finance top secret research project involving scientists and that while details were not known to him, what he had seen terrified him. When asked to elaborate, the officer refused out of fear for his own safety.

When Omni-Tek officials were questioned on the above incident they stated this was “utter rubbish” and reiterated the fact that those who would speak out against Omni-Tek faced dire punishment. The pageant host Sizzlean denied the event was in any way political and stressed that she simply wanted to provide a good time for the hard working citizens.

Bliqz nods approvingly.

Truth is indeed power.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

I'm sorry I missed the event. Any way I can subscribe to your fine rag? (and I mean that in the best way).
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

It's really too bad the people of Rubi-Ka can't even put asside their differences to have fun. It's disgusting how some put their political stances first, and well-being second. Espeacially the Clans. All they do is fight, and provoke, and terrorize. Common! We're all human (or, descended from humans). Relax and have some fun. I just wish I could have been at that contest...sounds like it was great.
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

I WANTED TO GO!!!!!!!!!

CarLBanks kicks his sculpture to the floor
    Characters on Atlantean
    Main Character: Ardoyt Former Rubi-Ka Citizen and Former Omni-Admin Employee
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    Anarchy Online Related Stuff
    Former AO Stratics News and "The Community Says" Reporter
    The Death of Ardoyt