Thread: To whom it might concern.

Post To whom it might concern.

I've had it!

My patience just ran out. I've tried being patient with you guys, but I just can't take it anymore. This game gives me more frustration then it gives me enjoyment, and now I'm simply fed up.

--------------------

The missions

They're boring, have been broken since day 1, and implemented badly. OK.. I could live with that. I would instead team up with others, socialice and have fun. If I wanted to get some tokens or needed credits to improve my armor, weapon, or buy some other items I needed, I would simply run a few missions and I'd be up to date again, no problem.

Then they removed the tokens from missionrunning.. it was a hit, but I could understand it. And I guessed I could always do missions the old fashion way if I wanted tokens in the future. Then I reached level 60 something, and where no longer able to do missions the old fashion way even with up to date equipment, being a fixer and all. Then I figured they would probably implement team missions some day where all members would get a token, so they would still be avaliable.

Then they removed xp from mission running, one I didn't really understand at my level because the xp I got from missions was nothing worth talking about. And unless this really was a problem with high level players I think they should have left it in, because mission running, at least for me, has it's risks. And I think I actually deserve a level after running 100-200 missions should I choose to do so.

Then they removed the mission running alltogether. That's where I draw the line folks. If there is no real way for my fixer to earn credits I don't really see the point of playing anymore. I can't belive you did something like that, and without asking the players for their opinions, without even mentioning it in the patch info. That's one you're not getting away with. At least not in my book.

--------------------

The professions:

Why do you make the game so combat oriented when many classes are unable to solo at higher levels? Missions are now only avalible to the combat classes (and maybe the truly over-twinked), which I find really unfair. And what are taking so long fixing the fixer? It's not like you don't have enough ideas too choose from. Which brings me to my next point..

--------------------

The support:

I for one don't get the feeling of being heard. I don't think many other players feel like they're being heard either. Seems to me you just run your own show, and don't care much for creative player input and ideas you didn't think of first. Maybe harsh accusations, but it's the way I see it, doesn't have to be true as long as I, as a player, percive it that way.

--------------------

Date of registration 2001-06-27 15:50:03
    Subscription status ACTIVE, CANCELLED 2001-11-15 (reversable until 2002-02-05)
    Next transaction N/A

Stupid me actually thrusted you guys to make AO a fun game and signed up for the 6 month plan. But you just keep messing it up and disappointing me each time you patch and introduce your new never mentioned "fixes". This mission fix is just the final nail in the coffin.

But, since it is that my subscription don't end in three more months, I might be hanging around the board since I am after all paying for it. I don't think I'll be the only one giving up with you at this point, but I'm still open for changing my mind should you start thinking cause and effect of your "improvements". Those players that don't usually read the board, and just silently cancel their account, delete AO and in frustration throw the box in the bottow drawer.. those won't ever be come back. Don't have to be a psychology student to figure that one out.

Well.. that's pretty much all I wanted to say. I'd be happy to clearify anything that might be unclear in this post.

Originally posted by Xombie
    Can I have ur stuff?
    On this subject, if you want people's stuff, hang out on the clan shopping channel. People were giving all their stuff away left and right last night. Mostly at the Athens whompa. Some were giving only to specific classes, others were giving bags of stuff to whoever asked.

One way to great an in-game economic system. :]

Scorus

I agree with you Transcendent

I really liked this game but damn if it isn't discouraging to go through another totally crappy patch. you have to wonder what they are thinking.

Starting to agree

I'm starting to agree.. Mission Blitzing was the only way I could earn enough credits as a 50-70 doctor in order to keep my nanos up to date for hunting and teaming.

If there's another way to make money for a class that costs so much to maintain and can't fight worth much, I'd like to hear it.

Im with ya all the way fixer bud!

Well, as one fixer to another... All I ever played as, is fixer. Loved buffing consealment and making some good money and taking on the mob's I could take. Putting my IP's on tradeskills, Nano's and other none combat skills....

13.0 - day of doom (with a matching ping.. btw)

Thats it.. if I all wanted to was to run around killing things.... I would bleeding play diablo or similar game... for christ sake. After trying to complete 8 mission's, about 10-20min of full run between them and having them all fail... I quit... its too much.. playing computer games should be fun and enjoying.. but this... this you cant ask anyone to take and then pay for it. Ananrchy-Online is a disgrace to computer games and I will NEVER pay for another FUNCOM product again. I have never felt so ripped off in my time as a computer gamer. I have put more hours in this game then any other, but after 13.0..

Funny, after a while.. you dont even notice the graphical glithes, the getting stuck in stuff, uuhh and my favorite, the mission setting with the metal bridges and the toxic blow...

And the thing that bothers me the most, is every time I run around Rubi-Kai. I keep thinking... Ohh what potential, that ide would be cool and its story gonna be great... but the "features" and "improvements" in 13.0 are too "good" for me.

Ohh.. and about fixing the fixer.. maybe all fixer's should stop playing and try and hack their way into FUNCOM and change the design documents, next patch contence... and maybe even adding more usefull nano-programs.

So.. here we go!

Subscription status ACTIVE, CANCELLED 2001-11-15 (reversable until 2001-11-30)
    Next transaction N/A

I sure hope developers around the globe are taking "FUN"COM as a scare exampe of just how badly you can mess up and learn from it.

So.. Transcendent... any reccomendations on another online game?

As for other online games, I was looking forward to Midgard as it sounds like a good idea with loads of potential. But so did AO, and it's the same people behind it so the chances of me trying it out are really slim.

As for DAoC, it don't appeal to me. Ok so it works, but from what I've heard it's full of exploiters and way too team based. Been there done that got tired and left.

Thumbs up Hey! Try Civ3 while you wait for a new game!

Just got Civ3 up and running at home when I could not stand the fuxxoring ups of 13.0 anylonger.

Boy was it fun to play a functional game again. Although just a singleplayer game but FUN as hell!
    Which is more than I can say AO is right now.

Talking Alternatives

The norwegian newspaper Dagbladet have a free online game at http://www.dagbladet.no/spill/ Very entertaining and addictive. No bugs so far and seems to be up and running most of the time

But seriousley.. the responsible for AO should definently start thinking about what they're doing with the game. They implement (in case of the no more mission running issue) a change no players as far as I've seen like or want, without announcing it and without giving us a reason for it. No wonder people stop playing. This will not make old players come back, or have existing players recruit friends to start playing. And belive me, I've tried recruting all of my friends in the past, but one quick look on the boards and all the positive things I'd said about the game was forgotten. "I don't want to play a game where they suddenly changes important game mechanics" was the most common reply. I even tried convincing them it was not as bad as they thought.. seems I was wrong. But now, I wouldn't try recruiting anyone as they would just end up being mad at me for convincing them to buy this game.