Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Poweredge's Soldier Guide

Soldier guide? I applaud your dedication in making such a guide, but until the class gets de-nerfed (won't happen in my lifetime, but you gotta have dreams, right?) I will impart the only bit of info a soldier needs...

ERASE YOUR SOLDIER AND START ANOTHER CHARACTER

Originally posted by PJDez
    One small thing on Psy.

I notice you gotta have it for a few really important skills like Ranged Energy. At 34th level, just to max that skill out, I had to have a 105 Sense and a 46 Psy. That isn't what I call ignoring it. Maybe not as important, but certaintly don't go through your reroll and leave at 3!!

Ok on to nano skills. I can't max them out. Not even close. If I followed your advise, I'd need another 30% IP every level. So far, the skills listed as a 10, have 75 in them. I don't know if this is ok, but I noticed that QL50 nanos require 200+. I can't see getting any of my skills that high for quite some time. Maybe I'm on track and need to be more patient, but it's a bit unnerving to see nanos close to QL of my level, with stats rivaling my ranged skills.

Patrick
    With regard to Psy, Dscaper wrote the guide some time ago (long before the 14.2 stealth nerf to ranged energy) when ranged energy did not rely on the psy base ability. Psy has always been included in the description, but, prior to 14.2, the game mechanics relied on stamina instead.

With regard to Nano's, it sounds like you're on the right track; nano skills are not the soldiers strong suit. In my experience I didn't find it difficult to reach TMS IV, AR Mastery, and very close to RE Mastery by lvl 85.
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

Exclamation

nice guide. =]

minor correction on Ranged Energy Weapons... the skills r now 40% Psychic, 40% Sense and 20% Intel. I don't know when it was changed from 40% Stamina but really blows as my Lvl 78 Sol cannot raise RE due to low Psychic skill. =[

Now, I need to spend some IP's on Psychic in order to raise RE again.... *sigh*

Kunasagii - RK1

Because Energy weapon is now 40% psychis, it reduces our possible guns.

Heavy Gamma-Beamer isn't option anymore, it requires 67% EW and 33 AR. And it wiser to use your IP to burst and flingshot than max psychic.
    (and it has higher EW requirement than AR)

Nova Flow is 67% AR and 33% EW. And you will get earlier AR mastery than EW mastery. So you will have better Attack Rate and better gun at earlier levels -> You will make more damage.
    (and nova has higher AR requirement than EW)

Remember when you are wearing you new nova that you can get +110 burst from one single nano to meet reguirements.

2c

Another thing that we must consider is that the HGB is a more crit heavy gun than the Nova is, and has a slightly slower attack. With the 14.2 nerf to LRE, and the crit buffs. It would seem that the HGB has become less of a viable weapon untill possible 130+ When you are teaming with MAs that have the Potential to cast MoP and also have spair IP to raise Psy some, and max out your LRE

I dont think that the HGB has lost all credit as a viable soldier weapon, but it has been degraded on the list to be less usefull.

Also, If you didnt notice, Poweredge/Dscraper/Powervault has left the game, wich means that the Guides original post wont be updated at this point... I have still talked to PE, and will find out what to do about it next time I get the chance.

Have a great day, and Enjoy Rubi-Ka!
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

ummm

Uhhh i would like to point out that the link is broken or soemthing.
    I have tried to go to it many times and it does not work PLEASE FIX THIS.

~Bert449~
    109 Soldier

The link is to a PDF file, so you'll need something that's capable of reading it. Regrettably since Dscaper is gone there is no chance of convincing him to convert it to html.

- Tboo

so?

Is there a program I need to download in order to see this file?

~Bert449~
    110 Soldier

I think the adobe acrobat reader is the standard one.

- Tboo

I'd like to hear from a L100+ Soldier as to why they think Soldiers are gimpy?

At 50th level I can solo 75% tough missions, rarely die unless I take obscene chances, and dish out some hellacious damage between my NovaFlow and Plasma Burner (used for Full Auto).

I understand that the game starts to change somewhat between 50-100 and I would like to hear from someone that has been there exactly where the soldier starts to degrade or if this just tends to be the general complaint from old Soldiers that remember 3K bursts and 5K full autos at 50th level.

Also, with regards to the HGB one very important aspect of the gun is that it only requires AR and RE, making it very easy to over equip. Toe to toe I would take a NovaFlow, however, at the same levels, the average soldier might find it alot easier to equip a much higher level HGB then a NovaFlow. I don't know how the 14.2 patch has effected weapons however it would seem to me even with the penalty, wildly OE'd HGBs would still be monsters.

I'm going to assume that Dscraper/Poweredge/Powervault quit the game due to the 14.2 patch?
    The Original and Only Kruunch.

The document is in Word format, but seeing as I'm back now, I'll convert it to HTML for each version.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Glad to see you're back

BTW great guide. Care to make an update with how the 14.2 patch may have affected it?
    The Original and Only Kruunch.

Straylight45
    I started this game on Thursday.

As a vet of UO, EQ, and AC, I thought I was going to be ready.

I wasn't. This game is a whole new world.

Your guide has made that world a little less insane.

Thanks very much.

Sandanista, meager but willing level 23 Soldier in training of Rubi-Ka 1

Yo momma!

Poweredge....

Wanna bump heads and see if we can make this a little more current?

With the advent of new weapons, bracers, armor etc.... its time for e revamp

Gimme a tell !
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Gimme a tell....

Originally posted by Straylight45
    I started this game on Thursday.

As a vet of UO, EQ, and AC, I thought I was going to be ready.

I wasn't. This game is a whole new world.

Your guide has made that world a little less insane.

Thanks very much.

Sandanista, meager but willing level 23 Soldier in training of Rubi-Ka 1
    If you need pointers in game..... Beartwo or SilverB is usually online from 15:00 GMT each day.

Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

No problem Bear'.

Poweredge and Beartwo's Soldier Guide sounds good to me
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Just thought I'd put a note up here:

If you're using a Custom Heavy Suppressor or Divison:9 Plasma Projector, you're better off with a TIM scope due to the attack speed/recharge of both guns. You'll do better damage over time then if you used a LLTS(low light targeting scope) or VETS(Vision Enhancer Targeting Scope).
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

But what about the luscious 40m range?
    RETIRED

The Div9 is 28m base range. With a 200 Movement Predictor, you would get a 50m range increase(50%). 50% of 28 is 14, so you'd have the max range cap. I'm not a 100% sure of this, but that's what I hear.

CHS is 26 m, so you should have 39m range with just the Movement Predictor. Again, I could be wrong.

So, I have put up a self disclaimer.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Who would have thought that I'd have to read my own document. Soon as I've got PV and PE back on track, I'll start looking at a big update.

BTW... 10,000 views. Not bad for something written by someone with absolutely no clue whatsoever.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast