Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Poweredge's Soldier Guide

Bump in the NiGHTS... into dreams.....
    These are the moments we'll remember for the rest of our restless lives.

Awesome thread. Up to the top with you! *stick*
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Can you feel that sticky goodness??

PRAISE THE LORD!!
    Chaosengine : Still soldiering on..
    Equiptment Layout

On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero...
    When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything right at all...

Our name is Legion for we are many..

Thumbs up

awesome cosmik

/me gets stuck in thread....

/s hey who spilled the stickem
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Ok, so here is soomething to look at.... How does the implant change, affect the ability to cast MK X at level 158... Has this moved up, or remained unaffected?
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1

Do politics exist? Yes.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Thanks for the sticky, Cosmik

You just made it all worth while.
    Last edited by Poweredge|vault; Apr 18th, 2002 at 12:32:58.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

WEN WEN!!!
    ~Lone

ok i'm very newbie as a soldier and not much of a veteran anyways but.. my grain of salt:

Originally posted by Kromos
    G
    "Having enough Nano Pool to be able to cast your Mirror Shield twice is a good marker." Concidering most soldiers require do PvM 99% of their time I dont think this is needed. If you're in a good group and fight a fight never lasts longer then 2 min. You should invest more in 1st aid instead, so you can refill your nano during nano shutdown if needed.
    how can you use nano recharges that have a t&s req when nanoshutdowned by TMS??? remember shutdown is implemented as BIG skill debuff..

Psychology
    using a 125 aggro enhancer right now, have to admit its not even half effect of how "Da taunter" works. The only disadvantage with da taunter is that its for atrox only and require quite high BM, but maybe its worth it. Dunno since I dont play atrox soldier.

BUT there is one advantage with plain psychology based taunter: you can use it during TMS nano debuff.. da taunter requires BM and, even if you are one of those soldiers that do raise that skill, you will not get to use da taunter once you cast total mirror shield (which is when a good taunt is most needed!)
    So maybe soldiers have to stick with old boring psychology.. dunno, havn't decided yet for my atrox soldier...

you guys tell me if I am wrong with this stuff...
    Etchu solitus omni MP 103 on rubika1.. just left departmentX for First Order..
    Feydrutha nanomage omni NT 25 on rubika1 retired atm
    Rodja atrox omni soldier 20 n00b!

Only the nano treatment packs require the TS, the ones that use first aid dont restore as huch, but they donot use the TS, so they can be used =)

Enjoy Rubika
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1

Do politics exist? Yes.

Originally posted by Feydrutha
    BUT there is one advantage with plain psychology based taunter: you can use it during TMS nano debuff.. da taunter requires BM and, even if you are one of those soldiers that do raise that skill, you will not get to use da taunter once you cast total mirror shield (which is when a good taunt is most needed!)
    So maybe soldiers have to stick with old boring psychology.. dunno, havn't decided yet for my atrox soldier...
    Problem is that the basic psycho-taunter is pants considering the amount of IP you have to throw at it.

It may seem strange, but at L110, I have more success in using my nano-taunt against Vets, Toughs, Masters, Real Mean's and Ace's than I do against yellows, despite it being exactly the same nano-taunt.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Deflect warning!

After starting a soldier on RK2 I started looking for a soldier guide and found this. Very interesting and helpful reading so far - thanks alot =)

When I came to the part involving Deflection Nanos I noticed there’s no warning issued for using deflect in teams with ppl that can mez (calm). Since I have a lvl 121 Crat on RK1 I know a whole lot about this. Mezzing an unwanted attack (add) can sometimes be practically impossible because of deflect/reflect shields/bracers. This is what can happen:

1. Puller tries to pull a MOB
    2. MOB is pulled but team gets an add.
    3. Add attacks someone who’s using any form of deflect nano/bracer.
    4. Trader, Crat or NT tries to calm the add.
    5. Add gets calmed but hits deflect user at the same time.
    6. Deflected dmg breaks calm
    7. Loop from line 4.

Most of all higher lvl ppl I’ve encountered know about this and therefore most of them don’t use deflect when in team with a "calmer", but since this is supposed to be a newbie guide my opinion is that everyone should know about this from the beginning. =)
    Fredrick "Gurrish" Gabriel - OmniCrat RK1
    And lots of alts!

Actually Gurra, I am a calmer as well (trader) and our teams always use reflection shields. I have noticed the loop before when mezzing adds, but it is such a rare occurrance that there is no way I would make the team give up 30% reflection shields and bracers. Bearing in mind the fact that a lot of the time I am also the healer, the less dmg the team takes as a whole makes my job easier.
    ~Manchilde

The other thing I tend to do alot in high level missions with adds is to taunt the add as soon as I see it coming in. That way I'll have at least 2 on me at the start of the fight. If my deflection shield hits a calmed add that was on me, it's not too much of a problem as I can TMS up.

As long as I keep as many mobs away from weaker team members, I'm happy and they're alive.

Also, one thing that we tried the other night was doing a L193 mission without a doc. 2 soldier's, an enforcer and an MA. We found that we could actually deal with most mobs be breaking down into two sub groups, with each soldier taking a mob each, and the enf and ma supporting them. It worked fairly well for a while, but considering that they were at least 40+ levels higher than us, we did suffer on occasion.

If you don't have a calm/mezz/root class in your team, work out 2 sub teams and try it that way. You'll find that it works pretty well.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

I have never problems with reflects and calms. They hit once in reflect and get a bit damage and then continue wandering around forgetting all about how angry they were at you.
    ~Lone

Then they reaggro as soon as you do something.

not on me. Guess its my natural charm :P
    ~Lone

Well happens to me every time I calm my way through missions. Room with 3 mobs, calm 1, calm 2nd, second shoots and reflect breaks it. 2nd walks around. Try calm 3, and 2nd instantly reaggro.

And in fact they even reaggro instantly if they are lvl 220+ aces. Try calm yourself through a 60% solo mission and tell me again that dont happen with the red aces (dont happen with greens).

sweeeeet guide

i'm giving up on my enforcer for a while...so it's soldier time!

One small thing on Psy.

I notice you gotta have it for a few really important skills like Ranged Energy. At 34th level, just to max that skill out, I had to have a 105 Sense and a 46 Psy. That isn't what I call ignoring it. Maybe not as important, but certaintly don't go through your reroll and leave at 3!!

Ok on to nano skills. I can't max them out. Not even close. If I followed your advise, I'd need another 30% IP every level. So far, the skills listed as a 10, have 75 in them. I don't know if this is ok, but I noticed that QL50 nanos require 200+. I can't see getting any of my skills that high for quite some time. Maybe I'm on track and need to be more patient, but it's a bit unnerving to see nanos close to QL of my level, with stats rivaling my ranged skills.

Patrick

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast