Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Poweredge's Soldier Guide

I've seen HGB's in the stores - they're most often located on the first row of weapons, but they don't spawn that often.

Umm... you sure?

You sure Rage? There are some weapons that look alot like it. Alot of weapons in the game share the same skin.

Weapons are placed in alphabetical order. Maybe what you spotted was an E-beamer or Electrial Pacifer.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Sure am, I bought it for my twink =)

First row of weapons in alphabetical order... H..

That must be a weird spawn rate. You're still better off getting it in a mission even if it does spawn.

*pets his 200 ql HGB*

Soon my pet, soon.

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

I'm talking about basic shops here =)

Anyhow, great guide - it made me wanna start up a soldiertwink, so I did It's d*mn fun to play, no pets to look after, don't have to make sure they doesn't become stuck in doorways, no nuking of my own hide.. *gah* and the weapon kicks ass, soloing blood reets at lvl 8 with my trusty ql 23 nova =)

/me is considering joining the army full-time =)

bump damnit

2nd April 2002 - Updated to v0.93b

Change details in thread header post.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Great guide. Nice job at keeping it updated, too.

:)

Nice work, didnt read this one till now I'll have to object to one thing tho about Zero's implants. If you're a solitus its possible to cast MK10 at lvl158 with only Shining MC-head and a faded Intelligence in ear. That way you get dmg-implants in all other spots wich will make you own those atrox n00bs :P. So, you dont have to wait to lvl194 to switch implants, do it at 158.

And once again, awesome guide

hmmm..>I had it calculated at 160 Mantra...

I imagine we came up with the same implant setup...I'll have to look at yours later and compare notes
    ~Manchilde

=)

sure =) and when we're done, lets go powerlvl =P

Ah a little bed time reading

Looks good.
    Active Characters consist of.

Wingto proud to be a member of The Dojo
    Doktaw stunned to be a member of Friends of The Dojo

Inactive Chars consist of

Severena happy to be a member of Friends of The Dojo
    Shackira a proud member of The Sentinals =TDF=
    All on Rimor

Thumbs up

Nice work is an understatement. Or as the snotlings would say; This guide r00lz y00! 8)

I started up on RK2 about a week ago and made a soldier who is now lvl. 37, and today the reset skills option patch should come so my reading this now is perfect timing for me.

It will also be interesting to see how the next update of this excellent guide will tackle the anti over-equipping changes as I suspect it might affect a few soldier routines perhaps especially with regards to tactical aspects concerning things like the skill debuffs both in PvM and PvP.

A hearty thank you to the author and contributors.

Mosus.

Todays patch isn't the skill reset... this is 14.0. 14.2 is the OE patch.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Yes, I just found out. 8)

Mosus.

Someone has mentioned that Reflect Shields are useless as 30 points of reflected damage is not that big of a deal. Also mentioned that this makes them unworthy of the cost in MM.

This is very confused. A soldier's AC buff is based on MM, not a soldier's reflect. Both TMS and Reflect shields use MC and TS and not MM.

But now - on to the 30 points of reflected damage: That is not in fact what reflect shields do. The stat of (30) in Reactive Reflective Field *directly* equates to the stat of (75) in TMS. Thus it is not a 30 point reflect. In fact, it reduces damage against you by 30%. The second stat in reflect shields is the maximum damage you deal back to your opponent. With RRF this is (48), meaning you will deal a max of 48 damage back to the person who hits you.

The stat: ShieldAC used in damage shield's such as the Adv uses (as opposed to reflect shields) simply negates damage against you by that stat and reflects that damage back. This is called a damage shield as opposed to 'Reflect' shield and it is an important distinction in that the 2 are stackable.

Now let's be clear about this: Reflect rules PvP, and is far better than AC's in PvM as well. When you add your 30% to a couple of 20% bracers and are facing an opponent taking only 30% of his damage normally, or 0% if you shield.. well.. You have won.

Even in PVM, i would take a 30% damage reduction of 500-1k damage over an extra 1k AC's anyday. The reason is that 1k AC's i believe reduce damage by 100 (not sure about this one) whereas Reflect reduces 1k hits by 300, and even 500 damage hits by 150. I dont know about the rest of you, but i am far more concerned about taking less damage from the crits Regular damage doesn't kill soldiers - sudden unexpected damage does.

As another newbie, I just want to express my sincere thanks for this extremely helpful guide. Of course, all of the discussions above about the finer points are lost on me (I've still got that "almost totally clueless" thing going on), I think your guide saved me from making a lot of mistakes on my own.

Oh, and if anyone see me running around aimlessly, please feel free to take pity on me. I'm still trying to find a store in Omni-1 where you can buy something that isn't in the 5 or 6 figure range!

-R
    Beauregard
    Soldier
    Atlantean

There are a couple of good maps with keys at AO Basher http://www.ao-basher.com for Ents and Trade. They'll help you no end. You may have to register first, but it's worth it.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

A small *bump* and a plea to the moderators to make this thread sticky.
    Katelin "Elasii" McCovery

Elizabet "Elizabetha" Suitt (retired soldier)

Division 9 R.S.G.E

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast