Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PvP strategies

Originally posted by TeffaMA
    if you were lucky you picked up the barrow strenght in temple of the four winds - gives you 100% resitance against roots for 15seconds. (the higher lvl version from IS, might of the reverant also does) if you 3implant dimach you might stand a chance vs rooters at that low level + use a bright blue cloudless sky stun and root grafts.
    Holy crap!! Where can I find that barrow strength item?

To the person who asked about Flurry:
    Flurry of Blows is an item you can pick in shops or get in a mission. It increases your attack speed (actually, your aggdef rating) and crit chances, but it also makes you more susceptible to crits. Lots of melee users have them, but I normally don't see MA's using them...
    Yep. I'm back.
    Ph43r.

Temple of the four winds in GTC,from a boss in there, forgot which one tho.
    If your omni you can teleport from Rome.
    bye

actually it's called Temple of Three Winds(ToTW)

and as far as i've seen mp's in pvp...they almost all use cat....so one might try this tactic....use your fear on his pets(heal pets especially, u can evade the dumbass demon or urolok with your new evades perks *limber and DoF*) if you aren't successfull in frightening his pet, use tant nanos on him to start the fight, the heal pet heals him for 1point instead of your first hit/crit
    when pvp-ing an mp don't rely on your ma heals....no use....NSD....ouch....even if u've got insane NR he'll still be able to land one or two of then after he stuns you...(remember Curse of Chronos?) so keep your flower of life updated, get best ql u can use at all times....BTW they go over ql200....found some in mishes on ma mobs..
    if you DO succeed to scare his heal pet...ur set ...AS, brawl, special him, whateva...finish him...
    if u didn't manage to scare his heal pet, remember to HOLD you dimach till the very last second....meaning when u get him to 50% ....till then....use your specials, evades, everithing you can, then dimach the bastard....
    (i've been spying my RL mp friend on his pvp-ing...i know his style, and unfortunately about a month ago, i saw him waste a poor 'ol trox ma 20lvls lower than him that asked him to duel...condoleances...)
    BTW: concealment works GREAT *with* mp's.....try it....u might like it...
    another thing i'dd like to add....most mp's with cat, use behe, tts, and ua.....so be sure u ask to for a fair duel....
    i'dd like to add that at low lvls MA whoop soldja ass even through tms......but on most low lvl soldja twinks ....USE Incompetence ...and Drain when he's almost ready...don't forget TMS's are MC TS based.....be bad....use the little things most people forget about or consider useless..... sometimes the little things get the bigger ending....

Concelment question.

Keep seeing use AS. Can lets say a fixer block AS with very high perception? Never used AS so dont have a clue how it works

Nope. AS hits no matter what, which is why you will see people angry about the caterwaul. If you have 1k AS skill with that gun, you will do (about 90% of the time) a 40% damage AS. And it recycles in around 12 seconds.
    Cranberries Owner of the Teapot Script.

omfgz i gotta level my MA

my poor Tsukts =( he sucks, lol

btw, can you suggest any armor? ^^

he is lev 142 atm with some lousy tier 1...stick to it?

I have a mix of Tier1 and MKII atm... works well till I can get uber armor such as Azure/Sent. Dragon Chest of course, but not everyone can afford it. *Me dreams of Dragon Chest* Hope this helped

-Stereo
    GnashinTeeth - 211/20 Keeper
    GroinTrauma - 215 Martial Artist
    GumbyThumbs - 172 Doctor
    GutterTurtle - 150 Adventurer
    Mushr - 75 Doctor
    Septic - 25 Enforcer
    Froob Force
    GoiterTongue - 38 Agent
    Happytime - 15 Trader

Very nice guide PB, even if u forgot the coffee hehe.
    I'll just add a little tip vs soldiers.
    When a soldier TMS:
    1- u do almost no dmg.
    2- u take ubber reflect dmg in the face.
    That's why in a duel , when a soldier TMS i stop fight till TMS is down. I go full def and heal (i think hit a soldier during TMS is suicide) and when TMS is Down u do Ubber alpha and go full DMG.

Wintered Flesh. It gives u 500 absorb. May be not really ubber at high lvl but can save ur life anyway

Oh and i forgot ... sometimes MA can be low with nano if duel is too long that's why i have a Notum Focus in my inventory. U not forced to use it and when u click on it, it Adds 800 nano.

Very nice guide again PB thx.
    Last edited by Roocknroll; Apr 7th, 2004 at 23:09:14.

err... outdated!
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

maybe you should make an agent guide about how to alpha poor crats to death! ;p hehe

All kidding aside, outdated or not, this is a great guide Good to get familiar with some tactics before I start leveling up my MA ><

Some PvP Perklines recommanded for TL 4 MA Twink?

unstunable, spacial displacement, cib, MA adding ones, and if you're crazy like infinity you could get one perk in notum repulsor

Quote Originally Posted by Avon
    unstunable, spacial displacement, cib, MA adding ones, and if you're crazy like infinity you could get one perk in notum repulsor
    Dont train acrobat for sure!
    Yeah, think its just a MUST so you didnt mention it

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit
    Dont train acrobat for sure!
    Yeah, think its just a MUST so you didnt mention it
    ofc if someone doesn't know to train acro on an MA... well they don't have any place making a twink.

Quote Originally Posted by Avon
    I'm Crazy?

Perks can be a intresting choice especially with AI perks. Spacial Desplacement isn't really that usful though in imo. Best advice I can give you is Max Acrobat, Spritual Master and Xuyun 6 (if your 110+) and the rest is up to what you want. Check perk specials, know what you want for your Ma and the rest of the perks will come naturally.
    Main
    Hypernova 220/30/69 PVM Char

Pvp Chars
    Silentnova 114/12 4/4/4/4/4/4/4 4/2/4 Silent Assassin, InfinityNova 155/21 6/6/6/6/6/6/6 3/6/5 Ancient Master

Workers
    Cybornova 60 Totw/CoH Engi in Working

If you choose a path and you know why and for what reason, then all that remains is the long, painful and difficult journey within it if you were dishonest to yourself -Infinitynova-

OMG this 'guide' is seriously outdated, so much left out. No offense or anything.. it may have been great 3 years ago Just surprised to still see it in the 'Rooted Guides Thread '

WTB a new one.. or at least some good reading about ma pvp. Anyone got links?

Only interesting thread I've seen is Avon's: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=444406
    Last edited by dododo2; Jun 23rd, 2006 at 11:16:47.
    Dodo0 220/30 Clan NM Fixer - the first in AO!
    Dododo1 220/30 Retired
    Fixzorr 75/8 Retired PvP vid

EX-President of SPARTANS
    Guide to raiding Pande

- currently inactive -

Well...imo now its mostly timing stuns and having a good alpha. hehe and the first line "pow bow is the best bow for us ect. ect." saphistic ftw due to its faster recharge, since everything today is about lame as. any pvping ma's today anyways? oddwuaya runs around with his head cut off, haven't seen taik in awhile, and dark should try some hit and run tactics.

--Steve
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by zedy
    Well...imo now its mostly timing stuns and having a good alpha. hehe and the first line "pow bow is the best bow for us ect. ect." saphistic ftw due to its faster recharge, since everything today is about lame as. any pvping ma's today anyways? oddwuaya runs around with his head cut off, haven't seen taik in awhile, and dark should try some hit and run tactics.

--Steve
    atm i'm having trouble with the hit and run stuff cus i'm still perked pvm :P alot of the time I run out and try and take on 5 people cus i get bord of waiting and get root grapht spamed and stunned (need disharmony for my IS service when it starts up again)
    Darkkblood level 220 MA AI:18

Darkmetals level 149 Eng AI:0

Quote Originally Posted by dododo2
    OMG this 'guide' is seriously outdated, so much left out. No offense or anything.. it may have been great 3 years ago Just surprised to still see it in the 'Rooted Guides Thread '

WTB a new one.. or at least some good reading about ma pvp. Anyone got links?

Only interesting thread I've seen is Avon's: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=444406

the reason you see no cool uptodate guides about how to pvp as an MA, is because pvp has gotten dumber and dumber.

It's 100% about stunning and alpha killing your opponent, and running away from AS users. there is very little thinking involved anymore. heh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast