Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: most popular classes plus difficulty

How powerful the MP is depends alot on the player. When I was still new to the MP prof, I could solo about 70-80% missions fairly easily but not harder than that. Then I learned some new tricks, implants and combat strategies so now I have been able to solo 100% missions from L50 something to L92.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

Post And MP's aren't uber?

Originally posted by Archu
    How powerful the MP is depends alot on the player. When I was still new to the MP prof, I could solo about 70-80% missions fairly easily but not harder than that. Then I learned some new tricks, implants and combat strategies so now I have been able to solo 100% missions from L50 something to L92.
    You can solo 100% missions at 92? Hmm, 'nough said I think...

Re: And MP's aren't uber?

Originally posted by Darkbane

You can solo 100% missions at 92? Hmm, 'nough said I think...
    All pet profs can solo 100% missions at lvl 92, if they get buffs for it.

MPs are good at low lvl, but absolutly not uber at high lvl and who will stay lvl 100 forever?
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Re: Re: And MP's aren't uber?

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

All pet profs can solo 100% missions at lvl 92, if they get buffs for it.

MPs are good at low lvl, but absolutly not uber at high lvl and who will stay lvl 100 forever?
    Fair enough. So ideally, some nerfing at low levels and some de-nerfing at high. We'll see how the OE patch affects tings when it happens.

Any high-level engineers? How is it for you?

I am a high lvl engie. I team with MPs alot. They own Engies when it comes to PvM. no question about that. And this is with me having a slayer and him a demon.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Engineer's pets are literally tanks, but with razor sharp claws/blasters/whatever. They can take and give a beating. Like having a pet enforcer to an extent.

MP's combat pet isn't so special, it does decent tanking, and damage, not as powerful as an engineers. What makes them much more powerful than they seem is the healing pet, which keeps that pet healed constantly. MP's can also cast buffs on their pet that increase damage/aggressiveness by a high amount. Also, their psychosis pet stuns the target for a brief second per cast, enough to take a hit away..

The crat pet is just a martial-arts using robot (no special attacks though). He doesn't deal much damage, doesn't tank very well, and looks very ugly, but the crat have other tricks.

In terms of pet dependancy with these professions, it'd probably go Engineer (fully dependant), Meta-Physicist (is dependant on a tanking pet, however has some nukes and debuffs), and last, Bureaucrat (has a wide assortment of evasion-type nanos and second best DD nanos so he can fend for himself if his/her pet isn't there or can't hold aggro).
    Last edited by KramerTheWeird; Mar 11th, 2002 at 00:34:26.
    Fatal Halcyon
    Amoth
    No guild, no longer playing until (if ever) things change for the good.

Those 45,000 total characters = multiples for every player. I currently play on Test mostly and have 4 "active" characters - an old useless soldier (not played) a Fixer (rarely played for testing purposes) an MA and a NT. I also have 6 "active" characters on RK-1 but I hardly play them. When I do I mostly play my NT - only because he's the only one with a yalmaha But I also occasionally play my Enforcer. I almost never play my Fixer anymore and I haven't played my Soldiers (2 of them) or my agent in many months - BUT they are ALL in that 45,000 number.

Just making a point that that particular stat is more useless than most
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
    Engineer's pets are literally tanks, but with razor sharp claws/blasters/whatever. They can take and give a beating. Like having a pet enforcer to an extent.

MP's combat pet isn't so special, it does decent tanking, and damage, not as powerful as an engineers. What makes them much more powerful than they seem is the healing pet, which keeps that pet healed constantly. MP's can also cast buffs on their pet that increase damage/aggressiveness by a high amount. Also, their psychosis pet stuns the target for a brief second per cast, enough to take a hit away..

The crat pet is just a martial-arts using robot (no special attacks though). He doesn't deal much damage, doesn't tank very well, and looks very ugly, but the crat have other tricks.

In terms of pet dependancy with these professions, it'd probably go Engineer (fully dependant), Meta-Physicist (is dependant on a tanking pet, however has some nukes and debuffs), and last, Bureaucrat (has a wide assortment of evasion-type nanos and second best DD nanos so he can fend for himself if his/her pet isn't there or can't hold aggro).
    I think engi is the pet profession that I see least point in playing, if you want to do some trade skills, engi is good, but for PvM and PvP they don't really have anything but warp beacon.

MPs have nukes, stun, NP buff, masteries/infuse/mocham's, Odin's Eye

Crats have nuke, calm, root, nice area nanos

Engis have...pistol buff and AC....

I have never played an engi tho and they are maybe great, but I just can't see why to play one when crats and MPs looks so much more interesting, I think crats are most fun to play of all pet profs.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

If you really want advice then here it is:

Just make what you think you'd like to play and get out there and do it. You won't be happy with it - that's why you have a bunch of character slots. After a coule of months under your belt you'll learn the basics and can make a more intelligent choice based on what you actually enjoy doing.

If you listen to us curmudgeons on this board, you'll run away thinking every profession is screwed. Well, we all think ours is nerfed, useless, flawed, underpowered (whatever "our" profession is), and everyone else's is uber, overpowered, unbalanced, godlike (whatever everyone elses profession is).

SO my advice is to forget these boards and go play. You might like it
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

Originally posted by Paldorr
    If you really want advice then here it is:

Just make what you think you'd like to play and get out there and do it. You won't be happy with it - that's why you have a bunch of character slots. After a coule of months under your belt you'll learn the basics and can make a more intelligent choice based on what you actually enjoy doing.

If you listen to us curmudgeons on this board, you'll run away thinking every profession is screwed. Well, we all think ours is nerfed, useless, flawed, underpowered (whatever "our" profession is), and everyone else's is uber, overpowered, unbalanced, godlike (whatever everyone elses profession is).

SO my advice is to forget these boards and go play. You might like it
    Paldorr, I couldn't have said it better myself! I can't agree more.

Find something that looks fun to you and play! Don't worry so much about whether it's the perfect class, or whether you're playing it perfectly. Just have fun!
    "Hey, hey now. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean.
    'Cause, remember, no matter where you go..... there you are."
    -Buckaroo Banzai

hehe

I love the fact that beurocrats are at the bottom. Means I'm unique.

Lets just not mention the fact that I get 2 solid pets (bot+char) plus an occasional 3rd pet (unstable charm).

Lets also not mention that I do full hard missions near level 40.

Crats aren't near as gimped as they used to be. Oh, and our mez and roots do wonders in groups if the people in the group are aware of what the crat is doing (IE make macro announces you crats ;p)
    Chris "Councilor" Sandine
    In statesmanship, get the formalities right; never mind about the moralities.
    1. An official of a bureaucracy.
    2. An official who is rigidly devoted to the details of administrative procedure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12