Thread: Initiatives and your def/aggr slider setting

Initiatives and your def/aggr slider setting

When you have the def/aggr slider all the way to aggressive why exactly does it increase all of your initiatives with the only penalty being to lower your evades? As it is now there really isn't much reason at all to want to use a slider setting other than full aggressive.

Why would an aggressive stance where you try to rush the casting of a nanoformula be better and more efficient...wouldn't you have a tendency to make more mistakes? The speed that you cast nanoprograms should be based on your actual nanoinitiative...completely independent of what your current setting is on the def/aggr slider. That way a casting class such as an NT for example could keep their def/aggr slider all the way to defensive without having a penalty to their casting of nanoprograms...allowing them to gain more benefits from the evades that they have.

At full defensive you should attack slowly but with a slightly better chance to crit due to you taking your time and watching the target's defensive setting. You would get hit for less damage and at a slower rate. When you do finally hit your target it would be for a much larger hit at the cost of being at a much slower rate. Specials on weapons should not be instant attacks, instead they should have to go through the attack recharge sequence of a normal shot or swing. The only exceptions to this should be attacks that are meant to be used quickly such as fling shot and fast attack.

At full aggressive you should be able to attack faster but at the cost of a lower chance to crit and lower evasion skills. Your special attack activation speed would increase but you would have a lower chance to crit since you are rushing through the shot. Take more time for the shot...get a better chance to crit.

Ideally really slow high max damage weapon users would opt for full aggressive setting. Intermediate speed weapon users would most likely use a middle setting on the aggression bar for a normal attack. Fast weapon users would most likely benefit more from a full defensive or near full defensive setting. No matter what setting you chose your nanocasting speed wouldn't be determined by your aggresion slider but solely on your actual nano initiative instead.

Exclamation How Nice! An Idealist

Graxxus your ideas sound so "rational" and Idealistic FUCom could not possibly stand to implement them. I mean that might make the game more "FUN". A concept which completely eludes FUCom.

Part of what gets me is that Agg/Def slider does nothing at all to damage. I can have my slider at full Defensive and still get hit for crits - and NO my character is not lacking in the Evades Department!! So I just leave it to full Defensive for Traveling. My observation is that fewer MOBs aggro on me in zones like Adromeda that way. Then when I get to a mission it's back to Full Aggresive so I can have some chance of surviving the "Chain Casting" NTs and Traders.

BTW wearing a nice Decus Coat, or Tank Armor, seems to have no effect on the damage I take either. So I've come to the conclusion that AC means nothing in PvM. Which in my opinion is completely Stupid!!!!!! IMO Stupid and Incompetent are synonymous with FUCom.

The DEF/AGG slider is for more then what meets the eye

It also affect the consealment, Full AGG while in sneaking, you get cought at least 2 times more often then if in full DEF

I am pretty sure it affects the Nano resist as well as the nano init
    Full DEF would help Nano Resist,, as Full AGG would help Nano Init

No need to mention, I hope the Evades skills vs Faster shooting

I think it even affects the B&E and Trape Disarm

Doctors, NTs, even agents at times would keep their agg/def slider at defensive if they didn't lose speed in casting from doing it.
    Last edited by Graxxus; Apr 19th, 2002 at 03:47:05.
    Graxulus Solitus Soldier Atlantean (RK1) - Current Main
    Graxas Solitus agent Atlantean
    Graxxus Opifex agent Atlantean
    Graxxius Atrox agent Rimor <Retired>

bump in the night
    Graxulus Solitus Soldier Atlantean (RK1) - Current Main
    Graxas Solitus agent Atlantean
    Graxxus Opifex agent Atlantean
    Graxxius Atrox agent Rimor <Retired>