Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: a 200 mill PooooF

Originally posted by Miir
    I was upset and I almost quite but then I realised it was just a game and there was no point getting upset about it.
    Yap, it's true that it's a game and we played a game for FUN. However, remember that you need to slog hard to get a piece of item (and that's fun, working for ur stuff) but to lose something u have worked so hard for just because of a STUPID bug in the program is frustrating.

Anyway, I know it's due to a bug in a program cause I encountered disappearing items while trading(imagine whole backpack disappear). However, all those items lost are just junks and I thought that if I lost important items due to bugs, i'm able to petition and get them back. However, seems that there is no such things and I'm not going to SUFFER for the incompetence of FUNCOM (their logging, programming etc). I think I'll quit before such things happen to me.

Originally posted by Bronto_Cowboy

Umm... She specifically stated she "r-clicked on the character." Where does it say she r-clicked on the pet? Nowhere...

Isn't it easier to find the guy she trade with and ask him/her if the trade window did appear. If so, it is 100% confirm that she is trading with a player not a pet.

What's the use of speculating on whether she trade with player or pet?

Btw, I'm going to hang on and see how Funcom deal with this. If it's not satisfactory, I'll also quit. Btw, I dun even know who Claire is. But not going to become another victim

[i]Trading with NPCs was enabled so that people could complete static missions where the NPC requests an item.
    Pets are treated as NPCs.

PS: Posting a well thought out reply is a lot more effective than an ALL CAPS rant. [/B]
    Dun tell me these craps. Things can be implemented if u really want to do it. I myself is a programmer.

[i]Do you think getting angry about a video game is normal?

I think the moment you start to be emotionally affected by a computer game to the point where you make threats and use profanity, you should stop probably playing.
    It's a little bit disturbing.

By the way, Neocron is no competition for Anarchy Online and Planetside is more of a FPS. [/B]
    He's not angry at the game. He's angry at how the company treat their customer. And if this is a no pay game, I think all of us will have nothing to say but REMEMBER we are the PAYING CUSTOMER and as such, we will not want to SUFFER for the bugs in the programs.

Re: Anger/Video Game

Originally posted by Spankit
    Maybe to some people these games are just that.. a Simple little video game with pixels shifting and changing to make pretty pictures and have some fun at it.

Then there is the TRUE GAMER..the individual who dedicates TIME..valuable TIME to create the best character they can and be happy with their creation because they can be a valuable ally to groups and other GAMER friends in the GAME WORLD.

This does come at a price..and the price is giving up RL time to get GAME time in.

I have often run across people who use the "LAME" excuse of "it's just a game" to justify a wrong done by a company that doesn't stand behind its game.

I am not trying to flame you but seriously it's all in the view of the "PLAYER".

Maybe you only play 1 time a week, but there are people who really get into their character and their "game".

So please don't simply wave of the true anger and betrayal people feel when a wrong has been done to them...the anger is real, the feeling of being let down is real.

I know...I left DAOC because of it..I left AC because of it.. I left Everquest because of it....seems to me that the same cookie cutter rules are applying to every game out there.

The only time you will ever see justice done is when a company looks into making code that is trackable and also WARNS you that you are about to make a mistake and DOESN'T let you.

I think its easy to do...just suprised nobody has done it.
    I know of an not yet written MMRPG called (3rd world or is it 3rd Dimension) that claimed that their game will have a log of all things done. Looking forward to its release though I guess that will be years later.

Re: Boooo!

[i] Funcom has two options here. Either reimburse Claire, or lose her as a customer. Real money compared to a game item that can be created at a whim. You have the ability to fix this.

Dankman
    165 Soldier

This subscription will detonate in one 1 month. [/B]
    I dun think that reimbursing Claire is the main issue here. The main issue here is to change the way you work FUNCOM. Dun treat your customer like dirt. (Althought I have not encountered such treatments yet cause have never petition b4, but from what I gathered in this board, they treat us like dirt)

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    I must actually agree with Cz and Funcom here and say that they did a good job.

They checked the log, found the problem and what caused it.

I dun recall seeing any messages in this thread saying that they have checked the log and found the problem and what caused it

Re: WTF??

Originally posted by kfox
    Hi kfox, I think u have never petition b4. (I myself have not done so but my team members have done) and when ur petition is among the 20s in the waiting list, and i have 3 hours of killing and yet it's not our turn yet. They need about 15 minutes for each petition (I estimate)

Originally posted by kfox
    Good points Miravlix...and even though it doesn’t state alot of things, at the level Claire is at, she should know "bugs" (if you can call this a bug) happen and should have done EVERYTHING in here power to make sure the trade went through for an item like this...it is her (his?) carelessness that caused this, nothing more...and to top it all off she has to come rant on the boards and start a near riot...we have enough whiner's here as it is...
    Well said, And I think I'm almost certain that I will quit this game for good if what FUNCOM have your sentiments. Cause I'm a noobie and have justed started AO about 1 or 2 months ago. Thus I dunno much about these bug(except those mentioned) and must pay for it.

OK, well then, i guess i've to quit then since FUNCOM will be telling me straight (we dun want new players)

Re: Update

Originally posted by Cz
    Ok, here is what I know...

1. Claire traded the two components to a pet.
    Yes, we do understand that trading with pets is currently an unnecessary feature, and will as far as I know disable it. Trading with NPCs will still be a needed feature, and thus people can still lose items by giving them to NPCs by mistake.
    Ok, please explain what was wrong with right clicking with the item on the NPC, you could not lose anything at that time, neither to NPC, nor Pet. Why did you change it ?
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Arrow fair

fair1 Pronunciation Key (fâr)
    adj. fair·er, fair·est
    Of pleasing appearance, especially because of a pure or fresh quality; comely.

Light in color, especially blond: fair hair.
    Of light complexion: fair skin.
    Free of clouds or storms; clear and sunny: fair skies.
    Free of blemishes or stains; clean and pure: one's fair name.
    Promising; likely: We're in a fair way to succeed.

Having or exhibiting a disposition that is free of favoritism or bias; impartial: a fair mediator.
    Just to all parties; equitable: a compromise that is fair to both factions.

Being in accordance with relative merit or significance: She wanted to receive her fair share of the proceeds.
    Consistent with rules, logic, or ethics: a fair tactic.
    Moderately good; acceptable or satisfactory: gave only a fair performance of the play; in fair health.
    Superficially true or appealing; specious: Don't trust his fair promises.
    Lawful to hunt or attack: fair game.
    Archaic. Free of all obstacles.

Looks to me that Cz used 'fair' exactly as intended in this context, ie, applying the same rule to everyone. Now, whether the rule itself is a good rule, is, as some of you obviously noticed :-) a different issue. Of course, an rule also has to be able to be implemented...

I feel so sorry for Claire, and the people around her that will miss her greatly. I heard the commotion over GC from Noer while much of the talk was taking place with the authorities, and I have to admit, that FC's policy on this is; understatedly, very poor indeed.

They know that 2 items were traded to a droid, and that this is a bug. So... what is stopping FC from giving Claire the NSMk2 back?

Firstly, I would like to add that no matter what level you are, it is not your role to "know" what bugs exist. If we did, then exploits would pull this game apart in no time. Secondly, this took place on the live server and not the test server.

Thirdly, I would like to ask that people who are being insensitive to this issue please be quiet. This is no storm in a tea cup, and has cost many people time and money, and the ultimate consequence, alot of people have lost a dear friend; myself included.

I, for one, will be making every effort to try and find a NSMk2 for Claire. I'll be damned if I'm going to lose a good friend over something that FC should have resolved the moment they found out that the trade failed. FC should be ashamed of itself with regard to their behaviour over this fiasco.

Lastly, if you are reading Claire, Duskhunter sends his love, regards and misses you loads. And Noer, thanks for keeping this thread in control and not letting the trolls and idiots impede on what is to most of us, probably the one of the most important issues I've come across in AO.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Re: Update

Originally posted by Cz
    Trading with NPCs will still be a needed feature, and thus people can still lose items by giving them to NPCs by mistake.
    I don't see why NPC would be expected to keep stuff that they aren't interested in.

If a NODROP UNIQUE item is given to an NPC and that NPC isn't interested in it, then I would expect that the NPC to say something indicating that they don't want it and to give it back to the player.

They know that 2 items were traded to a droid, and that this is a bug. So... what is stopping FC from giving Claire the NSMk2 back?

Ahem, it is not a bug.
    It was player error.

Is Funcom responsible for player error?

Is Funcom responsible for player error?

No, but they are responsible for providing a robust system.
    Powervault ~ Legion
    Poweredge ~ Omegastrike

Poweredge's Soldier Guide (Now Sticky!)

You want to use CAC in SL? READ THIS

Two responses:

To Funcom: "Fair" is not the same thing as "right". In this case what you have chosen to do is "fair". It is also not "right". Your policy is flawed and needs to be changed immediately.

In an extreme case like this, you would have been far wiser to choose "nice". We aren't talking about someone who lost flowers tech boots to a bug (trading with pets? huh?), but someone who lost something so rare 99.999999999999% of AO players will NEVER EVEN SEE IT CAST. Every rule has exceptions. You should have made one here. It was (and I use this word out of all the adjectives I know quite purposefully) STUPID not to do so.

To Claire: My sympathies. I don't know you, but I do know how much losing something you worked and searched so hard for would hurt. If this stupid decision by Funcom causes you to quit, then good luck in all your future endeavours. You deserve some, because you have truly been screwed by fate.

I'm not going to quit AO over this incident. I still enjoy the game too much. However, I have reclassified Funcom in my own mind. I missed the awfulness of the first few months and so never developed the deep and abiding su****ion and mistrust so many long-time vets display. I must say that now I have that attitude, in spades, and that when a suitable replacement comes along, the fact that you can lose anything you've found at any time to any flaw in the software with no recompense will play no small part in any decision I make as to what to play (and pay for) at that time.

Verant, Funcom, Mythic... all heads of the same beast. And in case you were wondering, this is NOT good company to be in.

JS
    Jonathon@aquetatis.com
    Lieutenant Antoine "Yorimitsu" Stritzke
    Division 3: Omni Reclamation
    Special Forces lead the way!
    OMNIpotent, OMNIscient, OMNIpresent

I have also lost for me at that time valuable stuff just to get the arrogant "it is not our policy to.." thrown in my face.

Well, I can live with that,tho I resent a company for threating customers in this way.

In a case like this,where we talk about such an insanely hard to get,rare item, and they say"We checked the logs,and it was traded to a pet".

Well,not helping the poor player by spawning the item again,is just beyond beeing arrogant and unhelpful.
    If a clerk in a store had threated a long time customer in from the street to ask for help on merchandise purchased at given store in such a way, the clerk in question would be lucky to get away with a good old fashion public spanking for such behaviour.

Gdamn FC, who let you loose on customers before teaching you manners & public relations??
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

I wonder how Funcom can afford issues like this. Screw one player and the player tells all his/her friends how bad this game is. However if they had helped people after unfortunate incidents like this they would have a happy customer, spreading good vibes about the company's product.

I don't know how Funcom operates, but this is BASIC marketing-rules. Noone can afford to screw over customers on regular basis. I think Funcom's PR-section needs to go back to school and re-read this section.
    ~Lone

so i posted to find out how this would turn out. and obviously it didn't turn out the way i'd hope for it.

all i can say is, Anarchy Online has the "THE WORST" customer support. Bah... for something so rare and expensive, i think a little more should of been done, even though she was careless... its not like she "deleted" it.

Isn't their some sort of schooling they could send the FC to?

I got room in my house, gimme a holler.

[edit] : oops didn't notice NOER typed the exact same thing that i said. But i posted 2 mins after. guess we both typed at the same time.
    "now class... repeat after me. "C" is for cat..."
    [FC] "C is for customers suck"
    Last edited by Breaku; Mar 14th, 2002 at 18:55:37.

all i can say is, Anarchy Online has the "THE WORST" customer support. Bah... for something so rare and expensive, i think a little more should of been done, even though she was careless... its not like she "deleted" it.

This has nothing to do with customer support.
    It has to do with policy.

Until they implement a logging system that ARKs/GMs can check and verify with 100% accuracy, player claims of 'lost items' cannot be dealt with in a timely manner.

In a situation like this where the items were traded to a pet is 100% player error, they can't really be expected to rescind thier policy.

I feel badly for Claire, but Funcom can't be blamed for player error. Reimbursing the item would be the nice thing to do, but they can help prevent incidents like this in the future by sticking to their policy.

How much can you expect them to idiot-proof the game.
    Everyone who reads this thread will triple check every one of their future trades. You can be sure of that.

It's been mentioned in this thread that Claire is not a newbie.
    She's a high level player who really should have paid more attention when trading such valuable items.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast