Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: a 200 mill PooooF

Originally posted by Paldorr
    OK, kfox - you've proved your a mega-fanboy. Give him 3 stars, Funcom. Everybody say "whoop whoop." As you've said about someone else, I'm so glad you're not in public office.

Now do the right thing, Funcom - return the disk to Claire - it's the RIGHT thing to do - the CORRECT and the FAIR thing to do IN THIS CASE - you have GOT to look at the individual case.

CZ, I know you're between a rock and a hard place but this "policy" stinks to high heaven. There's got to be a better way than just "sorry , we know we didn't tell you that you could trade your 200 million worth of stuff to pets but you did so you're screwed." C'mon that's just not right and you know it.

The fanboys can justify it till the cows come home and it will NEVER be right.

That said - have a good weekend, I'm off to the Gator Nationals.

Fanboy not fanboy....doesn't matter.

The disk should be given back. It's in the logs. It happened. Why not give it back?

WHY? Whats the loss?

To enforce a policy? WHY?
    What good is that policy it all it does it hurt people?
    I miss LadyE.

Post ridiculous

Just throwing in my 2 cents about how damn ridiculous it is that you cannot get the items back from your pet if you kill/loot it.. Whats the reason behind this? Oh and to all you people who said that weve all known you could trade with a pet, well this thread is the first id heard of it.. Untill yesterday I had never even experienced it.. However I was in a STORE in Omni Ent with NOONE else in the store cept Myself and my Engie friend.. He wanted me to make him some implants, so he traded them to me, I assembled them and then R-clicked on HIM (his pet wasnt even on my screen it was behind me) and got the messege, "Trading with <pet>......" Im like wtf? I cancelled the trade, and right clicked the PERSON again, and again, "Trading with <pet>" Normally I dont even bother looking at who im trading with unless its in a crowded/laggy area, but it just happened to catch my eye since there was nothing else going on in chat.. I moved to the other side of my friend and all around him and FINALLY found a spot that I could open up a trade with the PERSON and not the freaking pet.. I was like how stupid is this? Then my friend tells me that if you accidentally trade to your pet, the items are gone, then I was laughing at just another lame 'feature' that is in the game..

Yes its Claires fault for not being more careful.. Totally sux and Id quit too though cause its a BUG that you cannot get the items back from the pet...
    BIG YES to STUPID as hell that you cannot get the items back from the pet
    BIG YES to PAIN IN THE ASS SPHERE AROUND PETS FOR RIGHT CLICKING OPENING TRADE
    BIG YES to implementing a confirmation to this particular situation since your not able to get items back from pet.. Or allow items to be looted from pet, one or other..

All I can say is that I would quit too.. Funcom has me hanging on the edge anyways and this would just give me the tiny needed push over the edge.. If I hadnt already paid in advance, I wouldnt even bother with the game.. Hopefully some positive changes to Customer Support soon and I might renew.. Anything of this magnitude would decide it in a second.. This product has been causing more and more grief than fun and Ive been questioning myself as to why I even log on anymore.. I have a tiny bit of hope that it will get better.. If not oh well no biggie, some great games are out soon..

Sorzella 130 Nano NT -
    -Omni-Scummette Pistol Slinger Extraordinare
    -Mother and Provider to her little family of Omni scum Alts
    -President of the Insomniacs Foundation
    - You can pry my pistols from my cold dead hands, wait no you cant they are in reclaim..

Scum Alts include:
    Sorzetta 46 Opi Agent
    Sorzanna 24 Opi Fixer <---- Evil Clanner, outcast of a sister...
    Sorzina 21 Solitus Soldier
    Trancefactor 29 Solitus Trader
    Tranzmetic 32 Atrox Doctor
    Brakkhus 16 Atrox Enforcer
    Hollownymph 5 Solitus Meta

Because, FileNotFound, policy is policy, and must be enforced equally across the board...otherwise when a person gets a special exception like this, everyone wants the same thing, and it is unfair to the rest.

Maybe it should change, I dont know...but as long as it is the rule, it should be enforced equally, throughout the entire game population...no exceptions...it is the only just thing to do, for ALL the people...

Re: Re: Bug

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

Your pet shouldn't be penalized by losing his 200m disk you rightfully gave it as a gift for being so loyal because you want it back.

I'm sorry, your loyal servant deserves better. As far as funcom is concerned, you *knowingly* gave it to your pet. Any other assumption would be wrong.
    yeah.... right....

that's beyond absurd
    ------------------------------------------
    "I do Not believe in these spooky actions at a distance"
    Albert Einstein

The more you've traded the more careless you become. It's like driving. The first week you drive carefully cautiously, 2 hands on the wheel, tap the gas etc.

So then you agree that the items were lost due to carelesness.

What kind of precedent will Funcom be setting if they reimburse lost items due to carelessness?

You could quote it endlessly until the end of time, it doesnt change anything.

It doesnt matter if trading with a pet is an "unintended feature" or a "bug" or a "stupid idea" however you want to define it.

ACTUALLY doing it is a fault of your own that you have to deal with when push comes to shove.

Death is a feature of throwing yourself off a cliff. ACTUALLY doing it is your own fault. You can't blame somebody for a) making a cliff that you couldnt jump off of safely b) god for not making us able to jump off the cliff c) your legs for allowing you to jump.

The only person you can blame is yourself. You were CARELESS and now you have to pay the consequences. I have many-a-time deleted items on accident. Not one time have I ever whined and complained that it should be reimbursed, sine *lag* deletion is an "unintended feature" as well.

But if you think I am somebody who like the reimbursment policy, maybe you should follow this link:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...t=why+petition

But as far as trading items with your pet is concerned, Funcom is 100% correct in their response this problem. No matter what, reimbursment of the disk would be wrong. It wouldnt be reimbursed if it was accidently deleted due to lag in a city, it shouldnt be reimbursed because of a KNOWN bug/feature.

Now if Funcom took the servers down for maintenece and you lost the disk, I would raise hell for you. Probably get banned in the process but I would do it. This is just selfish.

If she would have been able to recover the disk off the bot, i would *almost* agree with you.. but she couldn't recover it off the bot, due to a bug.
    you're previously implications of "giving it to the bot as a gift" is just absurd. i don't think anyone here would swallow that line, including funcom.
    Albert Einstein

I know someone already said this but.. it bears repeating..

Where is everyone getting the idea she gave it to the bot?

She said, quite clearly, that after she lost the disc, they frantically tried to do everything they could possibly think of. Zoning was the first idea, and killing the bot just to make SURE she didn't give it to it was the second.

The likelyhood that she actually gave it to the bot is about zero to none. But if you were in the same situation, wouldn't you do EVERYTHING you could possibly think of?

I know I would.

(And I mentioned this in another post about this same topic, but I'll say it again):

One time, when my friend took an item from me in a trade, it dissapeared. It was a crap-item, of no importance, but I needed it to finish a mission. He zoned, still no item. Again, still no item. He logged, got back on, still no item. So I logged his character on on my laptop, and bingo, there it is. Odd isn't it?

But, it might be worth a shot.

I thought we voted miir off this island..

/me grabs miir's tounge and heads toward the paper cutter.

Originally posted by FileNotFound

Thats exactly it.

The more you've traded the more careless you become. It's like driving. The first week you drive carefully cautiously, 2 hands on the wheel, tap the gas etc.

Give it 5 years and you're doing 90 in a 60 zone, tuning the radio, drinking coffee and wondering why the guy ahead is only doing 85.

The more you do something the less you worry about something going wrong.

It's learned. "CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK" WTF???

Half the time you are not fully thinking.

Sure the first trade ever you read every line. It's inevitable.

It's a common user mistake to have trouble deviating from the 'practiced' work flow.

Click on the person. Item in window. Click accept. Done.

Thats the flow. Its' almost subconcious. Good software is able to adjust to that and keep the most careless user from making mistakes.

And when that person going 90 in a 60 zone loses control of their car and hits a tree and kills themselves, the only person to blame is themself.

Not the coffee for being there.
    Not the radio for blaring music
    Not the guy ahead of him going 85.

I.e. Carelessness.

You see how this argument always comes back to this main point of carelessness? No matter how far you stray, this is the central idea in this argument. And just to let you know...

The argument began here, and it will end here as well. You can't escape from the root cause of the problem.
    Last edited by Lucid Flow; Mar 16th, 2002 at 03:14:21.

Originally posted by Anisotropic
    If she would have been able to recover the disk off the bot, i would *almost* agree with you.. but she couldn't recover it off the bot, due to a bug.
    you're previously implications of "giving it to the bot as a gift" is just absurd. i don't think anyone here would swallow that line, including funcom.

If you didn't catch the sarcasm in the line about giving the disk to the pet as a gift, you are really too deep into this conversation.

It was meant to say that no matter who you traded with, whether pet or player or NPC, there is a process you must go through. And if you choose to ignore the clear message saying "Trading with PET" then you are willingly (just not knowingly) giving your pet a gift.

That's it.

If you didn't catch the sarcasm in the line about giving the disk to the pet as a gift, you are really too deep into this conversation.

It was meant to say that no matter who you traded with, whether pet or player or NPC, there is a process you must go through. And if you choose to ignore the clear message saying "Trading with PET" then you are willingly (just not knowingly) giving your pet a gift.

That's it.
    welp, why be sarcastic about it,, you sound like your poking fun at yourself then.
    I can only conclude that you may have changed your mind on the subject then.
    Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Anisotropic
    welp, why be sarcastic about it,, you sound like your poking fun at yourself then.
    I can only conclude that you may have changed your mind on the subject then.

I am poking fun at how silly this situation is. If you read my words rather then assume things, you would not be lead to the assumption that I changed my mind. Don't put words in my mouth especially after I clearly define what I said and why.

No matter how accidental it was, if you trade an item to a pet or the wrong player, you don't get your item back. As far as Funcom should be concerned, you *wanted* to trade it with your pet. That's the bottom line.

I know someone already said this but.. it bears repeating..

Where is everyone getting the idea she gave it to the bot?

Posted by Cz, Funcom representative on March 13 2002 18:12

1. Claire traded the two components to a pet.

I'm not big on reading 15 pages of posts, so sue me

Well, you run the risk of looking foolish if you don't bother to get the facts.

This is not a FC success story here.
    I hope that the events will be scanned and FC get some good publicity from having someone check datas for 2 hrs.

Even Verant did get back a stupidly lost Epic weapon to a high level Ranger. I guess that history can be repeated.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Reimburse, especially in case like that. Nmk2 isn't something the average player has stashed away in his bank.

Might as well change the policy into one which actually is costumer friendly hmm?...
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Originally posted by Ming
    omg...you traded that to a pet? OW! OW! 200mill? 200?? mill for a stupid nano? I can't figure out which is worse, paying 200 mill for a nano or then trading the nano to a pet. Then being told nope sorry we're unable to help on top of it all. I think I'd prolly quit too. Yep, for sure I would. Good luck
    Obviously you don't know what this nano is, it's rarity or its extreme value. I don't know if you just started this game or if you're just clueless, but at lvl 175, she doesn't have much to spend credits on and the EXTREME rareness makes this the market price. If something that a lvl175 does seems unlogical to you, you may wanna ask questions and not make yourself look like an idiot by making such comments.

Xeraseus
    Xeraseus

Why do I keep playing? *edit* disreguard, ditched this game *edit*

Why Can't Chown Save?

Biding my time until the time is right........

Note the excitation AO can give ; ).

I am sure it is because of the extreme feeling of assembling the nano Claire have made a regretable mistake (due to a stupid bug, I agree).

Sad story. I hope there will be a happy end at least.

And by the way you can give up arguing when a guy like Lucid is threre. Better for your nerves : ).

Originally posted by Miir
    its called anger!!
    the only thing i feel when it comes to FC is anger

Do you think getting angry about a video game is normal?

I think the moment you start to be emotionally affected by a computer game to the point where you make threats and use profanity, you should stop probably playing.
    It's a little bit disturbing.
    Do you think not feeling emotional about something that stirs emotion is normal? The moment you begin to attempt to rationalize human feelings about things whether it be a computer game or something else, is the point you have proclaimed yourself as god of psychology. And from reading your other posts you are far from being god of anything, save being an a$$hole.

And based on that observation it is apparent you need to seek professional help about being abused sexually by your father, which must surely be the reason you've told people to not be human and feel things that they would undoubtedly feel for.

and besides, WTF is your post about? the thread is about funcom and how they should revamp their policiy about item reimbursement not the condition on human behavior. Stop flaming people for speaking out on the matter. f*cking commie

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast