Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: a 200 mill PooooF

Originally posted by Anisotropic
    It's a bug, your wrong

when someone uses a bug to their advantage, Ie exploiting, funcom is quick to nail them, but when someone loses something, through a bug, funcom turns the other cheek. their apathy towards their clients is what this is about.

First of all, this is the first time i'm sticking my nose in this thread for a *reason.* I made my decision on what happened here long ago but Aniscopic.... you are going too far. While trading with Pets is a "bug" and will be removed in the future, at the end of the day it was a clear careless oversight that the disc was traded to a pet rather then a player. Let me say that once more.

At the end of the day, it was a clear careless oversight that the disc was traded to a pet rather then a player.

For a 200m diskette, I wouldn't even have a pet near knowing it could accidently go to it. I would be trading it in the corner of a city as to escape lag and accidental deletion and I would not have any NPCs near me in case I accidently traded with them. Hell, I would set my resotultion on my computer much higher and change all the settings so that I dont recieve graphics lag and accidently drop it.

The bottom line here is:

While being able to trade with pets is a bug, actually trading with them is just plain carelessness.

And that's the bottom line. The only person to blame is yourself. Stop trying to pass the buck. Stop trying to blame other people. Whoever lost the disc should blame themself for losing it. Nobody else.

And if you think i'm an avid supporter of Funcoms "reimbursment policy" maybe you should find the last 5 page rants about that specific issue and how it doesnt work. Or how I think Funcoms customer service is severely lacking. But in this case, the issue is clear. No matter how nice Funcom is, they shouldnt be responsible for your mistakes.

In RL terms, you may as well be saying that JFK getting shot was JFK's fault for being on that road at that time.
    That is a bad analogy and you know it. A better one is blaming the captain of a ship that you lost something of value to you because you were holding it out on the end of the ship and because of movement of the ocean you lost it forever. While the movement is the captains and the oceans fault, it's your own for being careless.

Bug

It's a bug
    trading to the pet was careless, HOWEVER, if the game was properly coded, she would have been able to recover the disc from the bot after she killed it., actually she never would have been able to trade to the bot in the first place,
    had she traded to someone else, it would have been a careless mistake, and she wouldn't have even complained in here., because it would clearly be her fault

this is not the case thou, she traded to a bot, the disk could not be recovered due to a BUG
    it's a bug

it's being removed. BECAUSE of this incident.
    if they are going to spend this much effort into removing this "feature" because of this, it's the equivlant to an admission of guilt of it being a bug.
    funcom are just being weasles and not returning the disk.. they could have returned it no problems
    ------------------------------------------
    "I do Not believe in these spooky actions at a distance"
    Albert Einstein

not a bug.... to eliminate no drop trading before it started..... they enabled all npces to be able to trade to..... to compleat quests... bots count as npc.s
    Level 132 Nano-Techniction <---- Retired till NT fix
    Level 72. Engineer <---- why is my pet running the wrong way?
    Level 69. Agent <---- Retired sence Concealment Nerf.
    Level 58. Adventure <---- TONS of lost ip.
    Level 41. Meta.<--- Mp's are too uber.
    Level 30. Enforcer <---- press "Q" and watch tv.
    Level 29. Doc <---- Can't..... Find.... Group.....

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

Last time I quote this

Yes, we do understand that trading with pets is currently an unnecessary feature, and will as far as I know disable it
    if this wasn't a cornered person who thought a lot about that line it would have looked like:

Yes, we do understand that trading with pets is currently bug, and we are as far as I know working on fixing it.

Same **** - different name. Okay, people keep living in their little hole saying she was careless. Maybe she was, but pets accepting trades is a bug. If they treat npc trades and pet trades the same way, they didn't think of the consequenses - a bug.

So you don't care about the non reimbursal politics? lol you actually enjoy playing a game where the company directly pis on you if you loose something to a bug. I don't say they got the tools to do it today, but that is possible to make.

Last post I make in this thread. Can't believe some of the people on these boards.
    ~Lone

Re: Bug

Originally posted by Anisotropic
    It's a bug
    trading to the pet was careless, HOWEVER, if the game was properly coded, she would have been able to recover the disc from the bot after she killed it., actually she never would have been able to trade to the bot in the first place,
    had she traded to someone else, it would have been a careless mistake, and she wouldn't have even complained in here., because it would clearly be her fault

this is not the case thou, she traded to a bot, the disk could not be recovered due to a BUG
    it's a bug

it's being removed. BECAUSE of this incident.
    if they are going to spend this much effort into removing this "feature" because of this, it's the equivlant to an admission of guilt of it being a bug.
    funcom are just being weasles and not returning the disk.. they could have returned it no problems

The only bug is the one in your brain that allows you to somehow skew reality into believing that it was anybodies fault but the person who was careless enough to trade it.

By that logic, dropping an item should be a bug since it was worth so much, and the delete feature should be removed.

Would it be fair to return a disk you deleted? No
    Would it be fair to return a disk you dropped? No
    Would it be fair to return a disk you traded? NO

Your pet shouldn't be penalized by losing his 200m disk you rightfully gave it as a gift for being so loyal because you want it back.

I'm sorry, your loyal servant deserves better. As far as funcom is concerned, you *knowingly* gave it to your pet. Any other assumption would be wrong.

Originally posted by Noer
    Same **** - different name. Okay, people keep living in their little hole saying she was careless. Maybe she was, but pets accepting trades is a bug. If they treat npc trades and pet trades the same way, they didn't think of the consequenses - a bug.

So you don't care about the non reimbursal politics? lol you actually enjoy playing a game where the company directly pis on you if you loose something to a bug. I don't say they got the tools to do it today, but that is possible to make.

Last post I make in this thread. Can't believe some of the people on these boards.

You could quote it endlessly until the end of time, it doesnt change anything.

It doesnt matter if trading with a pet is an "unintended feature" or a "bug" or a "stupid idea" however you want to define it.

ACTUALLY doing it is a fault of your own that you have to deal with when push comes to shove.

Death is a feature of throwing yourself off a cliff. ACTUALLY doing it is your own fault. You can't blame somebody for a) making a cliff that you couldnt jump off of safely b) god for not making us able to jump off the cliff c) your legs for allowing you to jump.

The only person you can blame is yourself. You were CARELESS and now you have to pay the consequences. I have many-a-time deleted items on accident. Not one time have I ever whined and complained that it should be reimbursed, sine *lag* deletion is an "unintended feature" as well.

But if you think I am somebody who like the reimbursment policy, maybe you should follow this link:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...t=why+petition

But as far as trading items with your pet is concerned, Funcom is 100% correct in their response this problem. No matter what, reimbursment of the disk would be wrong. It wouldnt be reimbursed if it was accidently deleted due to lag in a city, it shouldnt be reimbursed because of a KNOWN bug/feature.

Now if Funcom took the servers down for maintenece and you lost the disk, I would raise hell for you. Probably get banned in the process but I would do it. This is just selfish.

how careless of you to stay in a zone that crashes. You know better than that.
    ~Lone

how careless of you to stay in a zone that crashes. You know better than that.
    Nice try Noer, but your quote above is just a last futile attempt at proving a moot point. It's sad that you could resort to this.

Zone crashing is out of the players control. In that scenario, Funcom should reimburse every damn lost item AND give an exp bonus for the grief of players.

However; trading to PETS is completely within player control. The first clue should have been that you didnt click on the player. The second clue should have been ** in clearly defined words ** "Trading with <pet name>" . If you missed both of those wonderful clues, then you deserve to lose it. The last (not so wonderful clue) is that pets automatically accpet right away. At that point the item is lost but still, there should be no confusion.

How careless of you. Staying in a zone that crashes out of player control and trading an item with your pet are completely different scenarios.

If you think they are in any way, shape or form similar, then you have removed all doubt on your completely illogical argument.

Where does it say you can trade with pets? What is the point in trading with pets?
    ~Lone

omg, i can't believe after it was proved what happened, it cannot be replaced.....

I've lost all faith, in this game.

You basically said, we know what happened, but we won't do anything anyway... even though we can....

loosers...

i agree that the pet should have had the DISC after giving it to him no doubt, thats a logic thing.

well i would have checked 10 times with whom i opened a trade window for a 200mill item.

and

Yes i would quit aswell if that happened to me since i would 1st see the mistake in myself and then in the codeing. Buti guess you learn from such situations even for real life use since its almost as importand as some real life things.

i always said those ARKs and GMs are useless.... and i got flamed for it by a bunch of newbies.

Funcom, GM´s, Ark´s BLA BLA BLA ... they are all useless but friendly !! LOL

play the game until the addiction is gone then quit and never by a FC product again........ the addiction is where the problem lies )) hehe

but at 175 i guess its over for me too.. Funcom isnt compentent enough to give us some L150+ content to the game. All stays the same crap from L1 to L200....... i have no hope those funcom managers ever see that..
    Last edited by Starboat; Mar 15th, 2002 at 14:17:48.

Re: a 200 mill PooooF

[i]
    I explain I can call in all that was involved from the purchase to the final assembly. Sorry no resources.
    The conclusion from the ark and gm is:
    "Trading in AO is at own risk" - they leave.

[/B]
    To me, the ark and gm represents Funcom and thus anything they say will reflects on Funcom. Based on the above statement, I'll say that Funcom is irresponsible and I have heard many saying or implying that many of the ark and gm are rude. This is what frustrated me and made me cancel my account. I hate it when the shopkeeper is rude to me who is paying for his goods.

Well, for whether Claire got back his disc, I'm not too sure on my stand on it. But to me, the main issue is how Funcom treats us.

Re: Update

Originally posted by Cz

I had the Lead GM check the issue, as it is no my business to do so myself, and he informed me that he found nothing wrong with their behavior. If anybody were present, and feel otherwise, please e-mail me your version at community@anarchy-online.com.

I'll try keep an eye on this thread between checking on the over-equipping matter, and answer as much as I can.

Cz
    How about putting the conversation between the GM and Claire on the board? Will really like to be sure if the GM really says "Trading is at your own risk" and if they are truely rude.

Claire, sorry but not implying that you are lying but feel that we need to know the exact words used. (You might mistook their words)

Funcom don't want a GM-flaming fest here and I perfectly well understand them. If anything wrong happened they will deal with it internally.
    ~Lone

Originally posted by Axyrn
    loosers...

i agree that the pet should have had the DISC after giving it to him no doubt, thats a logic thing.

well i would have checked 10 times with whom i opened a trade window for a 200mill item.

and

Yes i would quit aswell if that happened to me since i would 1st see the mistake in myself and then in the codeing. Buti guess you learn from such situations even for real life use since its almost as importand as some real life things.

i always said those ARKs and GMs are useless.... and i got flamed for it by a bunch of newbies.

Funcom, GM´s, Ark´s BLA BLA BLA ... they are all useless but friendly !! LOL

play the game until the addiction is gone then quit and never by a FC product again........ the addiction is where the problem lies )) hehe

but at 175 i guess its over for me too.. Funcom isnt compentent enough to give us some L150+ content to the game. All stays the same crap from L1 to L200....... i have no hope those funcom managers ever see that..
    Flamed by a bunch of newbies? Yeah I'm a noob..ughum yup
    Been here over a year now.

ARK's can't reimbuse items. Neither 'can' GM's. Jdaug is the only one who did. You can see the thread about it in the 13.8 topic.

Quit now Axyrn.
    I miss LadyE.

Funcom don't want a GM-flaming fest here and I perfectly well understand them. If anything wrong happened they will deal with it internally.
    Well, if the GM is rude, then Funcom just have to apologize on their behalf. They dun need to tell who the GM is.

And I dun even see a message from Funcom saying "Guys, I understand that some of our helpers have some problems with expressing themselves nicely. We will make an effort to educate them." or something to that effect.

What I want is effort on Funcom side. That's why I'm so happy when Funcom try to balance all the classes, deal with OE and allow IPR (which many players request). And in fact, all the above mentioned things Funcom do dun affect me much (except for the OE thing as my main character is an engineer who used to pay for mastery and wrangles to get higher level bot). However, I'm happy with it cause I see Funcom trying very hard to make the game a better one.

What I want to see is Funcom feedback to us the things they do

Where does it say you can trade with pets? What is the point in trading with pets?
    At what point does that matter? The fact is you can trade with pets, you knew you could and you knew the consequences of that trade before hand. Yet you were careless enough to allow it to happen.

End of Story

Thumbs down bug or not

Bug or not, the "feature" stinks. The policy stinks. And the answers stink.

Let me ask you this.

If you go to Wal-Mart and buy a 400$ TV, take it home and accidentally plug it into a 220volt plug and blow up your TV, is it Sony's or Wally World's fault?

NO...IT ISN'T!!!!

IT IS YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!

But, don't you take the TV back to Wally World? You say something like:

"uhm I just plugged my TV in and it blew up. I don't know enough about electronics to know why it blew up, but it did."

Don't they take it back? If not (unlikely considering their POLICY is 100% satisfaction guarenteed!!!!!!!) , then you call Sony and say the same thing. They don't think twice about it, and give you an RMA number and start shipping a new TV to you as soon as they get the one you blew up (sooner in many cases).

WHY DO THEY DO THIS??? Simple.

They want your business. The cost of the TV ain't jack or shiz to them, but they know through time in business that if they treat you right, YOU WILL REMEMBER THEM!!! You will likely buy your next VCR from them as well, because of how they handled YOUR MISTAKE.

Guess what friends....the above example is not with bits and bytes and 1's and 0's. It's with real $$$. Companies have found that buyer loyalty is money in the bank. It works.

Now take a look at Funcom.

Did Clair make a mistake. YES
    Did she actually have the items in question? YES

COULD Funcom give back the item? Of course
    Would it make a difference it at least one CUSTOMER'S satisfaction with the product? YES (I suppose you could call this an opinion, but I think it's a damn safe bet).

Incidents like the one being debated now could be a way for Funcom to restore faith in their company instead of deflate it. I understand the need for their policy while so much exploiting is/was going on. But, if the exploits are going away, and things are becoming more fair and reliable, AND you can VERIFY through logs, then why not take the extra step and make CUSTOMER'S experiences in your PRODUCT a good one instead of a stressful one.

Take a look at the policy and go the extra mile to help folks instead of not taking back their TV. Reality has shown that this works, why won't in work in virtual reality?

Re: bug or not

Originally posted by Hollowpoint
    Bug or not, the "feature" stinks. The policy stinks. And the answers stink.

Let me ask you this.

If you go to Wal-Mart and buy a 400$ TV, take it home and accidentally plug it into a 220volt plug and blow up your TV, is it Sony's or Wally World's fault?

NO...IT ISN'T!!!!

IT IS YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!

But, don't you take the TV back to Wally World? You say something like:

"uhm I just plugged my TV in and it blew up. I don't know enough about electronics to know why it blew up, but it did."

Don't they take it back? If not (unlikely considering their POLICY is 100% satisfaction guarenteed!!!!!!!) , then you call Sony and say the same thing. They don't think twice about it, and give you an RMA number and start shipping a new TV to you as soon as they get the one you blew up (sooner in many cases).

WHY DO THEY DO THIS??? Simple.

They want your business. The cost of the TV ain't jack or shiz to them, but they know through time in business that if they treat you right, YOU WILL REMEMBER THEM!!! You will likely buy your next VCR from them as well, because of how they handled YOUR MISTAKE.

Guess what friends....the above example is not with bits and bytes and 1's and 0's. It's with real $$$. Companies have found that buyer loyalty is money in the bank. It works.

Now take a look at Funcom.

Did Clair make a mistake. YES
    Did she actually have the items in question? YES

COULD Funcom give back the item? Of course
    Would it make a difference it at least one CUSTOMER'S satisfaction with the product? YES (I suppose you could call this an opinion, but I think it's a damn safe bet).

Incidents like the one being debated now could be a way for Funcom to restore faith in their company instead of deflate it. I understand the need for their policy while so much exploiting is/was going on. But, if the exploits are going away, and things are becoming more fair and reliable, AND you can VERIFY through logs, then why not take the extra step and make CUSTOMER'S experiences in your PRODUCT a good one instead of a stressful one.

Take a look at the policy and go the extra mile to help folks instead of not taking back their TV. Reality has shown that this works, why won't in work in virtual reality?

Knowing nothing about voltage and accidently plugging your TV into an outlet thinking you were doing the right thing and thinking it would work is one thing. The retailer assumes it is a MANUFACTURER defect. However, if you threw that same TV off of a 10 story building and tried to return it, they would NOT return it. It is physical damage, it's not an inherent defect.

One could argue that trading with pets is a manufacturer defect. Well, it's apples and oranges really.

The fact that it took 3 clear steps in order to make a trade with a pet, KNOWINGLY do it and not stop yourself to check it out; that is WAY beyond accident. That is carelessness.

Your TV analogy is a BAD one. It doesnt more clearly parallel the current situation. A better one would be you just bought a new Cell Phone. You are playing with it and you accidently drop it down a gutter and it's *lost forever* just as this in game disk was.

Should your cell phone manufacturer give you a new one? NO
    Should the place you bought it from give you a new one? NO

The fact is they WON'T give you a new one. If Claire was making the disk and using the correct procedure caused the disk to vanish in thin air, returning the disk to that person would be not only be good policy, but I would personally raise hell if it wasnt.

However, trading your item to a pet is equivelant to dropping in a gutter. That's your bad. You should have been more careful.

i think this is the last FC game for everyone....

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast