Page 1 of 20 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: a 200 mill PooooF

a 200 mill PooooF

"u won the action, nullity sphere mk 2 is urs for 200 mill"
    Finally after months of searching i was gonna get the none existant uber NT nano. A guildie loaned me the creds and i
    started assembling the pieces.

I talked to my engie friend Tindra and she had the stats to
    help me out. After some buffing from my trader friend Noer only the last assebling remained.

I target Tindra and right click her, trade opens put the goodies in
    and hit accept. She doesnt get it, we both zone, its gone.

We all petition at once, my hope lies with FC. Beeing aware
    of their no reimburse policy, i know exceptions have been made
    in the past. I can validate events with several witnesses,
    from the purchase, to the assembling, beeing the first omni to
    get this nano its unthinkable that i would have anything to
    gain by foul play, as there is nothing i want in ao cept this nano.

We try to analyze what happend, a possibility could be that even
    tho i clicked Tindra for the trade I in fact traded with her pet.
    An ark comes. After carefully explaining the events, he says sorry items are not reimbursed. A GM arrives to back him up, both beeing rude and su****ious. We ask's them to scan our char's
    to verifie that nano is not there or uploaded. Sorry it takes to much recourses is the answer.

I explain I can call in all that was involved from the purchase to the final assembly. Sorry no resources.
    The conclusion from the ark and gm is:
    "Trading in AO is at own risk" - they leave.

Stunned, we decide to try a final way, to kill the pet and loot it.
    Nothing ...

I stand back with debt over my ears, a poofed disc and the conclusion to the events is that trading is done at own risks.

My friend Tindra feel incriminated as the first tells accusing her
    of stealing the nano ticks in. This is not an issue,
    i trust Tindra fully and know with 100% certainty that she could never do such a thing.

Not even the slighest effort was done by the ark/gm to
    try recover this, nothing but insulting questions and rude replies.
    And their answer is that u cant trust to trade items in AO
    because it can simply go pooF.

This is simply not sufficient for me to remain in this game.
    I'm cancelling my account and chances that it will reactivated
    are pretty slim atm.

This is prolly my goodbye.
    Tindra u did nothing wrong, pls dont feel bad, i'm so sorry that u got involved in this. Have met many good ppl in this game,
    and i will miss u all.

/me waves

Claire
    175 NT

omg...you traded that to a pet? OW! OW! 200mill? 200?? mill for a stupid nano? I can't figure out which is worse, paying 200 mill for a nano or then trading the nano to a pet. Then being told nope sorry we're unable to help on top of it all. I think I'd prolly quit too. Yep, for sure I would. Good luck

How wacked out is this.

A gaming company that can't gurantee their own software to work correctly. It's not our fault the software is screwed, it is yours and we won't do anything about it now.

The one chance for an NT to get one of the higher level nanos in the game, which have been missing for some time now, and a game bug ruins it. REIMBURSE HER NANO! It isn't going to kill you for crying out loud. I don't think one citizen of Rubi Ka is going to complain about it.

This is discouraging to say the least.

Vylgade
    71 NT

Thumbs down

Actually, I agree with what was said in another thread on this topic - a transaction and assembly of this magnitude, of an item this rare, should have been carefully scrutinized by the devs.

A couple of immature, non-empathizing ARK's/GM's should not be the final word on something like this.

This is not a trivial item loss, but an event of some magnitude. It should not be looked upon the same way as someone losing their regular armor or weapon or even a yalm (which though expensive are not rare - especially these days).

Just seems to me this should not be over just yet. I'll be optimistic and hope that FC is/was not aware of this at some higher level in the company (beyond well-meaning but sometimes clueless ARK's/GM's), and that once they are, there will some constructive dialog on this sad occurance.

My 2c

Martek
    (newbie yet to the game - lvl48 - started in late Jan02)
    Last edited by Martek; Mar 7th, 2002 at 21:31:09.

trading with pet

My friend and guildmate did the same last night. He tried to give me 1mill for another character and traded with a pet.

We did the same and figured out how to kill the pet hoping to loot the body. Didn't work very well..

Sorry for the loss there.
    The Cubicle - All the Bureaucrat news you can bear to hear

Isrady Enforcer
    Cambist Crat
    Undoing Doctor

SHADOWQUEST-

Angry

In my opinion, this is as bad as going to log in only to find your character not existing and Funcom telling you "Go F$@# yourself, your character isn't guarenteed."

I don't blame you for quitting...
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

This sucks beyond all belief. TO get hold of what is probably the rarest Crystal in the game and then to lose it in a trade, well if I said what I was thinking the post would get deleted and I would probably get banned.

And to top it of the representatives of Funcom then say they you cant trust trading items.
    What a joke that is when this is a very important aspect of the game. Look at how many items are sold each day, clusters handed over to make implants. Funcom have made it so you have to do this. No one person can make up a crystal. You need help. The item must be traded. We have no choice in the matter. And when it goes wrong we have no recourse. Hour and hours of game play are totally lost. I do not blame Claire for quiting after this.

I think Funcom needs to make an exception here and hand over a Nulltiy MkII crystal, right away

Claire, I know nothing can make up for the loss of the crystal, but I have about 5mil currently you are welcome to have if it will help, should you wish to carry on playing.

Yes these are bad...

My friend also accidentally traded his Shades of L to pet and poof.

While I think you must be pretty careless to trade that item to pet in the first place (which is not FC's fault) I also think its stupid that pets accept trade automatically and that even when you kill pet you cant get it back from its corpse.

I dont think you should be able to trade with pets in the first place. Prolly this has been or still is even exploitable.

And no, my friend never got reimburse from those shades either.

I dont like this fact that you cant even trust on trade code to work. It has been countless of times (some very recent) when someone would have had to zone before item appears to their inventory. While it has worked this far I fear the day it wont...

Fix your crap code FC or reimburse people or dont you (as I fear) have any real logs what goes on in RK?

Zarch and da chars from 5 to 142

sorry =\

Heh.. crap customer service and bugs.. you made the right decision to leave.

select count(*) from item_db where item = 'nullity MKII crystal';

this should be like >>>>2<<<< people. How hard is it to look at this 'special case' where only a few people on the planet are probably carrying the crystal around.

Dear god, this is horrible.

All the same, whenever I transfer anything, whether it be some armor or 10 mil credits, I do it near an insurance term and have both me and the person I am trading with scan before and after -- although this would not have helped you out here.

My condolences.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

*bump*

god. you know funcom, get your act together, something like this SHOULD be investigated,, it isn't just a good idea, it's your friggen JOB.

I've known claire a very long time, she wouldn't EVER EVER lie about something like this. and you guys can't take a half hour or whatever it takes to investigate something like this? what the heck is wrong with you?!

do you LIKE Annoying your clients?
    you're not only pissing off claire, your pissing off everyone else who has known claire, and frankly that's a lot of people.

i've been gone for a month (due to piles and piles of work), i come back, with some renewed faith, cause your patches and so forth have been decent so far, only to see one of my better friends getting screwed over.

I had the same bloody thing happen to me too, 6 x belt. tons of witnesses,, then omni trade goes poof, along with my belt. and this was back when they were Rare. "sorry we can't reimburse you <gm runs for cover>"
    that was a stupid belt
    claire had probably the rarest nano in the whole game, TONS of witnesses. and you can't even spend a few minutes to investigate it? what the hell is wrong with you guys?

P.S. i self censored this post, as my orginal had signficant amounts of swearing

Anisotropic 134 NT,
    I'm baaaack!
    ------------------------------------------
    "I do Not believe in these spooky actions at a distance"
    Albert Einstein

I'm really sorry to hear this

FC once again **** up and don't care about their PAYING customers.

The GM should atleast have checked the characters and the log and after that see how they should handle it

Funcom you SUCK!
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Hmm, in EQ, when a group is about to do something major, they usually try to have a GM watch over it. Be it acquizition of an epic, taking down a god, or final assembly of some uber-rare item. And usually, either GM or a senior guide will hang around and watch. Then, if there is a FUBAR due to some game bug, they would try to set things straight.

If trade interface is prone to error, Funcom reps should agree to oversee transfers of such magnitude.

I feel for your loss, and I do believe the situation could have been handled better. At least they could check a char backup to verify the disk being there - after all, it's not every day they get 200 million claims.

However, knowing this was such a precious item, why couldn't you do some simple verification.

First of all, take screenshots of disk in your inventory, with description window open.

1. Open trade window, double check it says 'Trading with Tindra'
    Make sure Tindra has a window and got a message 'Trading with Claire'
    2. Put disk in trade window. Have Tindra check the disk in her trade window, and confirm it.
    3. Have her click accept first, and say that she did so.
    4. Finally, you click accept.

Here, it seems like you right-clicked, dumped disk in, and hit accept? And even were not 100% sure it wasn't the pet before accepting?

my condolences

Despite a fair bit of carelessness on your part (this has got to be THE biggest thing to have happen to an NT), I feel for you there Claire, I just hope FC can find some way of reimbursement and that you'll return to AO

FC please do we need to get EVERYONE to petition for this or will you guys do something quickly this time?

The S A M E exact thing happened to me tonight! Argh!
    I know damn well I did not trade with her bot. Lost all my
    ql90 Implants and 2 other bags and credits. I was left this
    empty feeling that could drive anyone over to cancel their
    subscription on the spot!

Trading is its own risk.
    Meaning?
    "Here hold on to this Friend."
    *Player accepts trade*
    "Whoops, I droped it. Oh wait. Where did it go? The Ground devowered it!"

Wow, risk vs reward now huh? Sheesh. I think its Risky
    to put us players threw such conditions

Yeah, I was online when this happened and I heard about it. Nullity Mk II being what it is, you hear about it.

Claire: Crap, I lost my Nullity Mk II from ****ty game code! /petition!

FunCom: Uhh, yeah... hey, you should know our game is ****, you shouldn't have been trading that disc around obviously.

Claire: It's tradeskill only, I needed her help to make the nanocrystal...

FunCom: Oh yeah, that part... uhh, no refunds, company policy.

Claire: Hey wait, it's the game's fault the disc disappeared... you can verify this by just checking out the accounts and logs!

FunCom: Hey, that'd take actual work, and we have 39 more 'plz send to bugs@anarchy-online.com's in the que after you, so we'll see you later. Oh that reminds me, plz send a report to bugs@anarchy-online.com. Until later, ditzizen!

Less money for you FunCom! How ****ing hard is it to check some ****ing logs?

omg

I am very sorry about your loss but this wasnt a game bug.
    You traded it with a pet! It sucks but you should have been more careful.

I still hope you will get reinbursed tough.

Funcom i can verify the existance of this disk, how can you not replace this......

OMG

Re: a 200 mill PooooF

Originally posted by Claire
    I target Tindra and right click her, trade opens put the goodies in and hit accept. She doesnt get it, we both zone, its gone.
    Please read this part again peeps... Where are you getting that this player traded with a pet? They SUGGESTED that's what might have happened... If you target a character and r-click, then you are *trading with that character* If not, it's Funcom's problem...

Hehe... I just ask Funcom to actually take a look at this. Why? Imagine this scenario:

Funcom: /petition customer
    Customer: What seems to be the matter?
    Funcom: Your monthly fees are due, please pay.
    Customer: I r-clicked on you, didn't you get the credit?
    Funcom: No.
    Customer: Oh, try zoning then.
    Funcom: (zones, comes back) Nope, still don't have the money.
    Customer: Oh well, tough luck then. "All AO trades are at your own risk."
    Funcom: Can't you go back and check your records to see if you actually paid?
    Customer: Sorry, that would take 2 minutes, and that's just too much time.

The sad thing is, is that I don't think FC would accept screenshots either (like one player mentioned). Especially if they don't give a darn enough to take 5 seconds to pull some data from the logs...

btw - logs are probably a myth, otherwise they could use them to fix things like this easily. Think about that for a second: Your character is a couple ones and zeros on a HD somewhere, and if there's a glitch, *poof* that's it your char's gone, months hard work is gone, and all FC can say is "Sorry, please report bugs to..."

Edit: Just like to add that this is by far the most important thread I've read... It's going in my sig, and it's going to stay there until this issue has been looked at...

:/
    Last edited by Bronto_Cowboy; Mar 8th, 2002 at 10:48:57.

Angry

Shame on you, Funcom!!!
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast