Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Teaming With Docs!

Funniest **** I have ever read...hope you edit a disclaimer that you are being sarcastic before some fools take it seriously.

However if I were to make that, I would be writing how it is always the docs that loot, hit chests etc, while people are fighting. (been playing for 2yrs now and I can seriously say the best chest ninjas I know in game are docs!)
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Originally posted by Isgrimnur
    However if I were to make that, I would be writing how it is always the docs that loot, hit chests etc, while people are fighting. (been playing for 2yrs now and I can seriously say the best chest ninjas I know in game are docs!)
    Yeah! this fact should be put in the guide ASAP!
    I'm always! looting chests in missions, and anything else i can get my hands on.

with my huge run speed, and the fact I really don't have alot to do in a team, I simply just run ahead of everyone, and take my pickings

but seriously why should I let the others get any loot??? I mean if there too busy fighting mobs instead of looting, thats there problem not mine.

Originally posted by Cleo

Yeah! this fact should be put in the guide ASAP!
    I'm always! looting chests in missions, and anything else i can get my hands on.

with my huge run speed, and the fact I really don't have alot to do in a team, I simply just run ahead of everyone, and take my pickings

but seriously why should I let the others get any loot??? I mean if there too busy fighting mobs instead of looting, thats there problem not mine.
    classic line lol this SHOULD be in the guide forsure. The last line had me crapping my pants, too funny.
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Originally posted by Isgrimnur

classic line lol this SHOULD be in the guide forsure. The last line had me crapping my pants, too funny.
    with or without the disclaimer?

actually I read the guide again, and under the looting section it says that Doc's have no claim to any loot, which is kinda true (ok I lied in previous post), but it's not 100% true.
    There is 1 source where we can ninja loot until our little hearts are content, and thats our friends!

so the following should go into the guide:
    if your good friends with a Doc, make sure you give them heaps of stuff and cash, or they will cease to exist! <insert quantum theory here>

Something new to add ( you guys promised me it would get better over lvl 100- I want chocolate now because it's not always true) anyway

Remember to run to the lift room and use it immediately, not telling your teammates where you are, then when the doc finally finds the lift and jumps immediately down because he/she is worried about you dying be sure to aggro all mobs, be low on health and have only half your buffs, the doc and calmer love a challenge.
    Symthia
    141 Levels of Doc Huggles
    Radio Free Rubi Ka, click on the trox to tune in and listen
    You can never have to many clothes or shoes to match them!

Better still Symthia stand next to the down button and as soon as the doc appears, leave, that way the doc can enjoy having the whole room to themselves for a bit.

Also don't forget that docs incessantly chatter, make sure all the doc spam doesn't get in the way of all your important damage messages by putting them on /ignore as soon as they join.

Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

just because they are your heal monkey
    -devil went down to georgia

I am kinda new to Doctoring but wanted to make sure that you all knew that....Sec please, when uttered by a Doctor in a fast moving team actually means: bring a second mob. It does not by any means signify that the Doctor is low on nanos and needs a bit of time to recharge. Also and more importantly if the Doctor is known to be recharging nanos and says: 8...7...6...etc he is NOT counting down seconds till he is refreshed, what he is really saying is 8 mobs is what I am ready for, 7 if thats all you can find, and 6 will do but I will think you are a gay puller.
    Main: - Vonshot: 217/26 Omni Trox Trader

Alts:
    - Nycrow: 191/11 Trox Fixer
    - Tanknip: 217/14 Trox Doctor, The Cookie Monster
    - Nightswan: 164/5 Solitus Crat
    - Ghostblade: 184/19 Trox Shade
    - Megachug: 57/5 Trox Enforcer
    - Kyllx: 51/5 Opifex Agent

God bless ya for setting it all straight!!!

I mean if one more team member actually thinks of splitting any loot what so ever with me I am gonna poison their butts into oblivion!! I am MADE of money!!!!! Do not insult me with trivial trinkets such as treament kits or cash!!! And yeah so I dont have a Yalm but thats because I am a miser and love the exercise I get running across 3 zones chasing your shiny silver hiney 1 mile above me. ( even though when you chose the mission you might have heard me whine "please remember I dont have a Yalm")

And I am in total awe of those teams that hurry on to the next level without me after I have been rooted, the sheer bravery of the act makes me cry even now *wipes her eyes of the streaming tears*

Thank you for being so concerned about my inability to be a good Doc that it so stresses you YOU forget you ARENT one and find yourself having to remind poor feeble minded me to heal you when your health drops 25% by saying "DOC?!?!?!?!!?". And if you hear me mumble "Kiss my ass!"???? PLEASE remember I am talking to the mob, not you, the well rounded player that you are, after all I am just sooo grateful to be given the opportunity to team with ANYONE let alone someone as intelligent and uber as you.

OOOOO and if I suddenly just disappear in the middle of the 4th battle with 5 mobs, after I have died 3 times??... forgive me... I am sure its because in my stupidity I accidentally quick logged out of the game

Finally, thanks to your very needed and vocal commentary on my ineptness I have realized that I am such a bad "Doc" that I should avoid teaming with anyone whenever possible so as not to harm them, for that I am TRULY grateful!

Eratia Lvl 66 Solo Doc

*stands up and applauds for Zanthyna and the rest of the "Doc" contributers*
    Last edited by Eratia; Jul 15th, 2003 at 00:01:14.

I have read this entire thread and have not seen this rule, actually an addendum that the doc is always to blame.

When you die make sure to immediately enquire about all of the Docs pertinant stats. You need to demand to know their Nano Init, BioMet, Treatment etc. Then you can truly ascertain where the doc screwed up, not just the mission, but their character development as well. This type of constructive criticism is sure to endear the doctor to you forever although there is the danger he will keep coming to you for advice as he continues to advance in his career.

Also, and I love this one although I know there is no mean intent.

Make sure after the doc dies to discuss it in team chat while ignoring the fact that he is sitting at reclaim listening in.

"Lost the Doc"
    "Yeah, can we continue on without him."
    "Well we are almost to the boss room."
    "Yeah, lets clear the rest of the mission and then wait for him to help us with the boss."
    Dauhuai
    Clan Nano Engineer (159)
    Building a better Rubi-Ka One Tradeskill at a time

Sodamoca
    Clan Atrox Doctor (155)
    Free SFA to all Clan

Originally posted by Eratia
    God bless ya for setting it all straight!!!

And if you hear me mumble "Kiss my ass!"???? PLEASE remember I am talking to the mob, not you...

This must be the thread that left Benji with an impression of docs being worshippers of satan...

Thank you all for your continued suggestions and support of the guide! I know it's been a couple of weeks since I updated the guide, but RL and a sudden desire to update my web site have delayed me (I finally put my best scripts up for download!). Fear not, for the Guide to Teaming With Docs is still a living thread and I will get around to updating it some more.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

The Doc

Sometimes known as the "Reclaim Seat warmer", The one that keeps the seat warm for his incomming teamates

I dont know if this point has been stressed already, but then again - good points can never be stressed enough:

Always - ALWAYS - try to split the team in at least two and fight in separate ends of the long corridors you find in most missions. That way you use your doc more effectively and make him proud to be in a team that trusts him so much. All other rules regarding hiding around corners and shouting "HAELL DOC!!1!" apply.
    "Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

On a mission yesterday I was perplexed to see my team mates running around out of my range, failing to take agro from me, pulling more and more adds, ignoring my messages that I had run out of nano and failing to try to heal me as my life slipped away. I was also quite unhappy that they decided to start questioning my sexuality and healing prowess on a public channel (clan seeking team).

After reading your guide this morning I now understand that this was actually acceptable behaviour. I should feel complimented that they trusted me enough to run off in all directions, confident in my abitity to take agro and heal over vast areas with no nano. When I failed in my task by dying, they were doing their duty by informing everyone else I could possibly team with that I am a bad doc and probably a "homo" and a "noob". The whole situation was conducted word-for-word as written in your guide (chapter on dying) but with the added initiative of warning everyone else on public channels, and I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate my team members on playing the game by the book. I shall be looking out for you in future and will be really happy to team with you again, once I have "learned how to heal".

Thank you for a valuable lesson!

bagsy

please add ^_^

Doctors Have No right to heal themselves!
    since they are the doctor they heal others . they are not suppose to cast heals on themselves.
    even if the mongo dosnt work and there are 2 real mean mobs or aces whacking him he HAS no right to heal himself !

even if it means ignoring 2 mobs, to heal You when you have 75%hp left and he has 25%. he is suppose to CH you! and noone else!

anyway if he does heal you and ends up dying. dont say sorry because you didnt cast evac! docs like staring at the reclaim terminals.

and remember this MOST DOCS HAVE 9999999 nanoinit and all their nanos have 0.00001 recharge time so they basically instacast everything everything 24/7 with no recharging. yes only nanoteks need nano for their nukes! docs dont use up nano at all
    SPECIALLY Complete Heal (CH)

confirmation : YES NEVER OPEN YOUR TEAM WINDOW
    its alot more fun when you dont know whose getting hit.
    and certainly alot more fun to see the healer go down ^_^

you can edit this for im not verry creative ^_^
    Last edited by BAGSY2; Jul 20th, 2003 at 12:31:32.

Hehehe

Heard this read out on gridstream, had to pop in and reply

great stuff

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast