Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Teaming With Docs!

Very nice post.

Sad but true but I can remember some of those things really happened to my 106 Doc.

Regards,
    Cillfox

Ah I see something in need of adding :P

Say you are teaming with a doctor, and find yourself with tanking status. To make the doctor focus more on their job, take whatever good armor you have off and put on the noob equivelent.

For example, if you had ql 200 CAS on, substitute it with ql 30 CAS.

Of course to alert the doctor, be sure to "discover" that you have ql 30 armor on half way through the mission, and then make an excuse as to why you cant put your ql 200 armor on (eg: left it in the bank). Continue tanking.

Putting on low armor and tanking through a mission shows the doctor you care about his/her work, and want to make the most use of them in your team.

If you die while doing this, it is of course the doctor's fault.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Enforcers! There is nothing a doc likes to look at more than your huge sparkling sexy atrox butt. In recognition of this stand in front of your doc at all raids, missions, mission booths, social events, guild meetings, shops etc etc. This will please the doc no end, after all they would be bored and confused trying to see what is going on. Also it will remind the doc how much you value them.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Adventurers! Docs love a good joke, why not liven up a mission/raid by changing your doc into some random morph. Nothing entertains a doctor more than being turned into a reet when Ian Warr is attacking, it relives the stress.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Fixers! In the unlikely event that the team's doctor dies it is then, and only then, that you should perform an instant grid evac.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

How could i have been so noob... i will follow this guide to the LETTA!
    Rosbif Advocate for the enslavement of Octodogs as an alternative form of energy.

always greet your doc with the phrase

Whats up Doc

they never tire of this
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Never ever let the GA fixer tank. Sure he could do it better and safer, but if you are also a tanking profession (read: enforcer) you can't let this happen! If the GA fixer tanks the doctor will get soft and his/her efficiency will decrease! If the GA fixer draws aggro show him he aint 'da tanka' by mongo'ing. It'll keep docs on their toes and that's how we need em!

Extra points if done while other mobs around you are calmed.

(This assumes mongo is fixed :P)
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Powerlvling for Docs

To lvl you chosen doc as fast as you can loot garbage and all the other new things to get tons of salamanders, rats and fleas. It is most save for you because the doc will start to teamheal once you get attacked and take all the aggro you are able to give to him.

It is important to do this while the team fights at least on regular mob (but docs will perform better with some adds present). He will love the xtra xp.

Docs tend to underextimate themselves. If you ask what lvl of mission your team want to do always ignore the doc - he always can do higher missions! This is especially true for nano mage docs that have tons oh hitpoints.

If you want do help him to lvl up extraordinarily fast do 100% missions in areas that the greedy doc can easily reach with his yalm (oh he has no yalm - what is he doing with his money?). By foot it can be a little rough but docs are good they will make it This is best done at lvl where the doc cant team grid because the challenge of getting back to the save booths appeals to all docs.
    Blachrain (lvl214 MA)
    Blachmoon (lvl210 Doc)
    Blachnote (lvl210 Crat)
    Pruegler (lvl200 Enforcer)
    CaptPJ (lvl200 Engineer)
    Cortega (lvl150 Fixer)
    Cannongirl (lvl130 Adv)
    Blachbeam (lvl115 NT)
    Wyrmbait (lvl73 Soldier)

Thumbs up

Funny post scary thing is that I see lots of this stuff happening when I play with my alts, (one is even a doc )
    Omni-Tek soldier Bloodcub, Veteran of Tranquility

Original posted by cordura
    WTB an ignore button to avoid 5 post /page with same blahblah from people that dont care about a problem but that still give 1243028453 times the same opinion.

You didn't read the rest of this thread very carefully did you Docctah?

Oh well you probably won't read this either then

[Unless of course you were making a very subtle point]

So I'm standing in this team last night in the temple, all the aggro (of course) comes flocking straight to the Nanomage doc. The Curator (Who aggroes me even if another team is fighting him and I'm in the hall with a closed door between us, wtf?), and about 4 cultists (and more keep coming). I'm standing there patiently waiting for the Enforcer to Mongo, but what I get instead is him attacking a few cultists. While this is going on, one of the Agents in the team loses about 1/4 of his total health (I'm AT about 1/4 by this time), and I see him spam "heal". By the way, the damage that was done to him was splash damage from AoEs that were hitting me.

I lived when I said "Mongo would be nice", and the Enf actually obliged. Ah the wunnerful fun!

/Scrapx

Major updates to Guide to Teaming With Docs! added, many of which were plagurized from reply posts.

Additions:
    • new "Fighting" section
    • new "Looting" section
    • new "Note to Docs" section
    • added to "Getting Doctor Buffs When Not Teamed"
    • added to "Thanking a Doc"
    • added to "Doctor's Dictionary"

Thank you all for your kind praise and your ideas. I am working on more sections, so just because your idea wasn't posted with this update doesn't mean I won't steal it in the future.

Remember: spread the doc love by sharing this guide with as many people as you can.

Note that in the guide I use "she" to represent docs and "he" for non docs only to make the guide less confusing.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

Originally posted by Scrapx
    So I'm standing in this team last night in the temple, all the aggro (of course) comes flocking straight to the Nanomage doc. The Curator (Who aggroes me even if another team is fighting him and I'm in the hall with a closed door between us, wtf?), and about 4 cultists (and more keep coming). I'm standing there patiently waiting for the Enforcer to Mongo, but what I get instead is him attacking a few cultists. While this is going on, one of the Agents in the team loses about 1/4 of his total health (I'm AT about 1/4 by this time), and I see him spam "heal". By the way, the damage that was done to him was splash damage from AoEs that were hitting me.

I lived when I said "Mongo would be nice", and the Enf actually obliged. Ah the wunnerful fun!

/Scrapx
    Mongo doesnt work atm Then again i guess this was earlier. ;P
    And lol, nice tiny.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

great stuff

had me cracking at 4 am in the morning hehe

this rule usually apply for a doc

:If doc is asking team to stop loot chest plz forget what the doc says instantly.

Always sit in the middle of the first room, and pull adds on your team while buffing.

When attacking a monster, make sure you run out of range of the docs heals... and so he cant find you.

Oh and that reminds me; high ql nano kits from chests.

Don't listen when the doc says he needs these. Even if you'll never be able to use them and a ql 125 fills you up anyway - jealously loot them.

The doc wants them - they must be valuable - try selling them to him after the mission is over - if that doesn't work drop them on the ground infront of him and say "go on then have your stupid nano kits" and walk off.

Originally posted by diatribe
    Oh and that reminds me; high ql nano kits from chests.

Don't listen when the doc says he needs these. Even if you'll never be able to use them and a ql 125 fills you up anyway - jealously loot them.

The doc wants them - they must be valuable - try selling them to him after the mission is over - if that doesn't work drop them on the ground infront of him and say "go on then have your stupid nano kits" and walk off.
    That sounds like a bad personal experience. Don't tell me this actually happened to you.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

ROFL, too much to reply to here.

Drtiny, you are here on the boards as in org chat...insane =)

Hajk, you troll.... You know how much shame I face as the Apoc doc that healed you? hehe

Love the guide =)
    Lisa "Fistofpaper" Bliss
    200 Killpet Legend, RK1

Natasha "Nursedaou" Evile
    Chief of Stuffed Sturgeons and Healer of Hajk, RK1

Jynne - ... it doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty. Just drink the ****in' water. =p
    Dovve - If you are a poet, when you read the words on this paper, you will see a cloud

Originally posted by Dr Tiny
    (this or something similar may already be in)

Always be sure to type
    HAEL ME DOC!!!!

the second you lose 1hp of health in a fight or from springing a trap. This way the doc knows who is damaged and can heal you accordingly. Should you lose 3hp of health, and that is pushing it, kick the doc from your team as they are obviously a gimp.

For maximum effect this should be done when you are on your own on the other side of the mission/zone/gameworld/different server/different game/not online at all. Docs pride them selves on their dark blue running skill and will easily get to you in time, so dont bother moving.
    had to at least reply to this Tiny....

we all know who said this to me, it's on our forums. Only difference was I left the whiny fixer from SF with the 200 enf main *cough* to fend for himself with his 8 add pulls

It's not like I didnt team with JYNNE for over 140 levels...oh no. It's not like she hasnt TAUGHT me how to play the doctor profession because I wanted to learn it, not twink it...(and you and More, and Compy, and ... you get the picture). I mean, the only shame I think I face, is that I had to heal Hajk to gain the CH =(

*hugs* keep on keepin' on lil doccies!
    Lisa "Fistofpaper" Bliss
    200 Killpet Legend, RK1

Natasha "Nursedaou" Evile
    Chief of Stuffed Sturgeons and Healer of Hajk, RK1

Jynne - ... it doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty. Just drink the ****in' water. =p
    Dovve - If you are a poet, when you read the words on this paper, you will see a cloud

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast