Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Teaming With Docs!

Heeeeee Heeeeee !!!!!......

I got 5 docs (two of them were proclaimed "legendary" by a few teams) and I wish to never meet a player making use of that "Guide" :P

haha

I loved this guide ... I've been a Doc for less than a week and I've seen almost all of these already in my teams. I hope as I level up into the 100s these problem people will, well, go away.

I haven't read everyones posts but my addition to this guide is this: "We have a Doc in our group! The highest level person should pull the highest QL mission they can get!"

When you have a doctor in your group, speed is of the essence. As self proclaimed main tank, it is your job to move from room to room killing as quickly as possible, without getting a consensus of the group, because well, you are the "main" tank. If you have not engaged the next mob before the last one has finished it's death emote, you should be ashamed of yourself.
    Last edited by Blurri; Dec 1st, 2003 at 21:54:47.

Talking Awesome

Thank you, I have never laughed so hard at a posting ever. I had to stop several times to regain my composure before reading on. You are so on the mark with your satire. I loved every word of it. I have two Doc alts so I can really identify with this. Thank you for your posting. I have to make a print copy of this. I am so glad to read that I am not alone.

Oh! I do have one more rule to add about team fighting. If the doctor is taking lots of damage and you poses a health nano/pet or stim. Never by any means target the Doc and use it on them. Self preservation is the key, if the doc dies your going to need it for yourself. Beside it's the doctors job to heal others not yours.
    Last edited by EngineerJoe; Dec 11th, 2003 at 17:49:32.
    There is no spoon.

I'm new to this game, and i have a question........ Is it okay to ask for credits before i join a team, it seems that being a doctor is extremely expensive. i devoted myself to being a healing doc, and i find it hard to collect credits when in a team. i've been following the guide and its true too a point. i'm simply too busy healing everyone or dying that i can't loot or collect credits. I'm at lvl 37 and started to fall behind in buying the healing nanos. Or am i doing something wrong, I try getting all the nanos for the level i am at and i end up short on credits. If it is okay to ask for credits how much can i ask for before someone doesn't let me on the team?

Originally posted by Armady
    I'm new to this game, and i have a question........ Is it okay to ask for credits before i join a team, it seems that being a doctor is extremely expensive. i devoted myself to being a healing doc, and i find it hard to collect credits when in a team. i've been following the guide and its true too a point. i'm simply too busy healing everyone or dying that i can't loot or collect credits. I'm at lvl 37 and started to fall behind in buying the healing nanos. Or am i doing something wrong, I try getting all the nanos for the level i am at and i end up short on credits. If it is okay to ask for credits how much can i ask for before someone doesn't let me on the team?
    Well, first off, I suggest you repost your message as a new thread in the doc forum since I think you will get more responces.

Having a doc as your main character is expensive and until TL4 (Title Level 4, i.e. level 100+), you will be struggling for money. Don't worry about armor until you are 60+ but you should go to Temple of the Three Winds and get an Exhaurt's Robe. Also, don't bother with using a weapon, instead get the doc Chalice from Temple.

I suggest you do not beg for credits, but you can ask to have all the 'junk' loot no one wants because you need to save up for better heals. This will sometimes get you a kind soul who will buy you a few new heal nanos. Also remember that you don't need to buy every new heal--every second or third will be fine.

If you are interested, I suggest you join a newbie-friendly guild--they will often help you out with getting stuff. You can look for a good guild on the Life on Rubi-Ka forum.

(btw, I hope you aren't taking the Guide to Teaming With Docs too seriously )
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

the guide to teaming with a doc is awesome, i haven't been following word for word but more like a guideline..... hence GUIDE to teaming with a doc.

I've been to the temple many times and haven't found anything yet. right now that is where i am staying probably until lvl 50 or so...... i'll keep an eye for those things, thanx

Well, I just noticed the post count on this thread hit 14999, and with my viewing, that's 15k views (of which nearly 10k aren't mine )! I am continually amazed at the sucess of this thread and I want to thank not only those who follow it's every word, but also those who have linked to it or in any way promoted it.

Woot to 15k!
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof

np cheque will follow ...
    www.wrw.be
    3D max video tutorial (dutch)

Doc lvl202 'Dctrtek'
    Enf lvl83 'Tamage'
    Crat lvl180 'Swetsugar'

Give the NT's a BIG thank you for all there HE's and CC's you get from them ... be nice and place your gratitude HERE

Pls read this Only ONCE

Another thing that players should do when teaming with a doc is to ignore any teammate who is frantically screaming via chat, "Get the mobs off the doctor!!!"

Obviously that teammate is totally ignorant of a doctor's ability to withstand any amount of aggro and is showing their own cowardice by thinking that the doctor's presence on a team is important to their survival.

Originally posted by Aniee
    Another thing that players should do when teaming with a doc is to ignore any teammate who is frantically screaming via chat, "Get the mobs off the doctor!!!"

Obviously that teammate is totally ignorant of a doctor's ability to withstand any amount of aggro and is showing their own cowardice by thinking that the doctor's presence on a team is important to their survival.
    Well, it is.

Most docs under level 125 don't touch evades, so they get critted on a lot and die quickly. The BIGGEST problem under level 125 is that with enough adds, the doc will eventually run out of nano and need to recharge. With adds, iIt also restricts the doc's options to team heals, which increases aggro and lowers healing output. I don't see the problem with taking aggro off the doc.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Well it is.

Most docs under level 125 don't touch evades, so they get critted on a lot and die quickly. The BIGGEST problem under level 125 is that with enough adds, the doc will eventually run out of nano and need to recharge. With adds, iIt also restricts the doc's options to team heals, which increases aggro and lowers healing output. I don't see the problem with taking aggro off the doc.
    @@ OMGZ u actually took this whole thing seriously?? my god some ppl just wouldnt know sarcasm if it bit them in the face.^^

btw awesom thread found it 1 of the most funniest things ive ever read ^^
    220/30/70 AFK Kippur - Lang // 220/21/62 Squishy Midget - Twadec00 // 150/11 Mostly Retired Kitewhore - Langiana // 118 Fr00b Fgrid Fixxy - Bluehaxxor // 112/3 Old Gimpy Poker - Langshade // 108/8 Stabby Vampyress - **Goreshank** // 110/8 Dodgy Aura Pet - **Keepdodgin** // 100/1 Gemp Meatshield - BigZ // 87/0 Forgotten Buff Monkey - Dream // 71/1 Old Carb Maker - Techy // 60/2 Permanent ToTW Toon - Kielang // 59/2 Rerolled Explorer - P-A

** Denotes current projects

-Make sure to spam "CH! CH! CH!" in Shadowlands when you think you're health is too low
    Peek-a-boo I see you.

Hm, owned, I guess. I just wanted to point out, in a guide to teaming with docs, that getting aggro off the docs is important.

I'm sure you've never been on a team that ignored "Get aggro off the doc", of course.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Thats some mean attitude...... having a 63 Doc of my own....

I'd like to say this is the most $&#^ed up BS I have ever read.... you start spamming me with invites and I'll have a word with some friends in the ARK... then we'll see who's having fun....

Anyhow........ the starter of this thread should be shot for their beliefs on the matter of teaming with a doc... Because as most people I know.... they know I don't NEED to team with people to level.... I solo lvl 90 MOBS with a nice QL 153 X-3.

If you think I need you.... sorry... you're a moron.....get a life.....you're not as important or tough as you think you are. Infact most of my teams are VERY Happy I go to missions with them as I have kept EVERY single person from any of my missions alive AND to top that.... I OD my team most of the time anyway....

So please.....start another rant about Doctors.....I dare ya....and see what Doctors on RK and SL say when you try and team with them.
    The "Ubzorenf" Ofdoom - Applicant of Arion -RA-
    Jamie "Drpauline" Deleted - Freelance Doctor
    "Arux" Omni-Mining [IC]
    Originally posted by Marius-AO
    Camping and farming is a very bad thing. I hate it. We will do everything we can to avoid this.

Hmm, I guess some people don't read much of what is on these things, they skim through without doing much. 1st of all Zagadka, this is a joke thread not meant as an actual "Guide to Teaming with Docs" even though it is thus labeled. It is meant for a laugh and is a basic compilation of all the things docs go through by dum@ss people who dont know the difference. 2nd of all Ubzorenf, THIS IS A JOKE THREAD. Its been mentioned that many times so far and if you'd take time to do more than read the first few lines of the first page you'd know that.

People please don't post unless you read stuff all the way through especially when you're gonna flame, you're just gonna make yourself look like a idiot.

Ok, I'm done once again great thread 'cept for the poor souls who dont get a clue. ^^

L,L, & L
    Lang ^^
    Last edited by Langerne; Feb 14th, 2004 at 08:52:54.
    220/30/70 AFK Kippur - Lang // 220/21/62 Squishy Midget - Twadec00 // 150/11 Mostly Retired Kitewhore - Langiana // 118 Fr00b Fgrid Fixxy - Bluehaxxor // 112/3 Old Gimpy Poker - Langshade // 108/8 Stabby Vampyress - **Goreshank** // 110/8 Dodgy Aura Pet - **Keepdodgin** // 100/1 Gemp Meatshield - BigZ // 87/0 Forgotten Buff Monkey - Dream // 71/1 Old Carb Maker - Techy // 60/2 Permanent ToTW Toon - Kielang // 59/2 Rerolled Explorer - P-A

Originally posted by Ubzorenf
    Anyhow........ the starter of this thread should be shot for their beliefs on the matter of teaming with a doc...

<snip>

So please.....start another rant about Doctors.....I dare ya....and see what Doctors on RK and SL say when you try and team with them.
    Well I guess I've been owned with a capitol P. Thank you for setting me straight. Though in my defense, I must say that I based my tactics in my guide on hours and hours of playing in pickup teams and if my tactics are good enough for 90% of pickup teams, it seems reasonable to me that means they're nigh invincible. After all, pickup teams are renown both for the high level of strategy employed and the high skill level of the individual team members.

Oh, and you are right about finding docs to team with. My main, Woefallen, has a hell of a time finding a team with a doc in it.

Wow you have a doc yourself.... that is even more a shot in the back.....

******CONGRATULATIONS******
    ..."Tell her what she's won Bob!"...

Bob: "YOUR DOC IS GOING TO RECIEVE AN ALL EXPENSE PASS TO GET SPAM!"

lol.....

Reset your tactics.... as they are NOTHING that any doc would like.

And this you should know having your own doc....
    The "Ubzorenf" Ofdoom - Applicant of Arion -RA-
    Jamie "Drpauline" Deleted - Freelance Doctor
    "Arux" Omni-Mining [IC]
    Originally posted by Marius-AO
    Camping and farming is a very bad thing. I hate it. We will do everything we can to avoid this.

Sorry for the below flames in advance.(and the lack of proper typing)

OMG once again the ignorant speaks y dont u read wat i wrote or better yet read more than the first post this is wat u call a JOKE thread and if u had ever spent any time reading here ud know thatz wat she is famous for so get a clue and stop making a arse of urself its not meant to be true and to be utilized by others it is wat docs go through which ud know if u was doing pickup teams instead of soloing everything as u above stated gah i hate getting angry at ppl and im sorry for bringing my own flames into this great thread but i just cant tolerate ppl who do that type of stuff just pls do this for me stop running ur mouth unless u fully read and understand the subject first

once again sorry Zanthyna this is a wonderful thread and i understand it completely even though i dont have a doc ^^ i do however have half a guild of docs

ROFL someone actually took this SERIOUSLY?

*dies*
    Angelmed - 220/20/64 - F1, UBT, AFK
    (stuff) - (more)
    Bigdumbnoob - 150 Alium Killer
    And the alt army

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast