Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Teaming With Docs!

Originally posted by Evalissa
    Hehehe

Heard this read out on gridstream, had to pop in and reply

great stuff
    They read it on Gridstream? The whole thing? Awesome! Man, I wish I had heard that. Do you know what show it was on? Since it's Sunday, I'm assuming it was Talk Deviant (which I missed due to work ). I hope it was, because I can (eventually) download the archive of it.

Thanks for the post Evalissa. That seriously makes my day!
    Last edited by Zanthyna; Jul 31st, 2003 at 23:37:41.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

I don't think I saw this mentioned anywhere here, (I may be mistaken), but I noticed something very important was missing...

Never ever EVER heal the Doc!!! They take this as an extreme personal insult! Docs can keep themselves alive easier than they can keep you alive! Just cast stamina boost on yourself, sit back, and use your First Aid kit to heal up the extra 4 HP you just got yourself! This will make the Doc happy. Heck, don't even attack the mob that's hitting the Doc! Just go after another mob, so she doesn't get bored and leaves.

Oh yeah, and if the Doc dies, it usually means she needed more nano rechargers, and its the quickest way back to the store. They wanted to die.
    Cyberlynn: Unofficial namer of Bob, the crack in the wall. My work here is done now.
    I twink, therefore I am.

LMFAO

genius work "doc" <--- followin the rules, don't remember the docs name, just remind them the importance of their profession....

its pitiful though, im a level 93 doc, and i get 95% of these problems everyday, someone asked for a team the other day, i said i can't find you here (at the BB) and he said I am in a mission hang on ill come and get you......

or how "teamerx" claimed my heals sucked and he had a level 75 doc who healed for 1.2k health....solo... and 1k team heal.....
    unless im uber gimped... i feel so enlightened... maybe i should listen to the atrox enf that has never played anything else

great post guys, best post since "how you know your level 100+ team is going to suck"

I loved your guide

Sounds like all my team, except for those where i have teamed with guildies, Damn i have always feeling leaving guild and say to my friends they dont know how to play AO, because its so much waste of time when u actually get to loot something. and when they asking it takes time too.

And good docs can heal team fighting a lvl 220 boss, even when the main tank is a opifex agent lvl 160, with no evades and no armor, ohh did i say i only had 1/4th nano when we went up?

Im so Glad my doc is lvl 200 so i dont have to team with all those Jerks around, too bad SHadowlands is soon releasing, then i have to go through months of pain again. ITS SO FUN!!!

Its so nice when someone offers some nano rechargers, and when u feel the tanks arent here to loot it all, No... we are not greedy, but unfortunatly we dont have the time to go through 10 missions to find loot, because its so slow for us docs, we have minium attack rating, tho we have nice heals we still do mimimum damage and we will have to use minimum 5mins per fight, its just too much!
    Lovedrug 205 Doctor
    Loveaddict 141 Soldier
    Sedemros 154 Fixer

Funniest post I've seen. Hats off to you.
    Even better than the songs some of the agents came up with in this post - Agent Songs Thread

Yours Sincerely, DrG
    Level 202 Doctor, Chief of Staff Surgery; DrGhost :: Antlantean
    Proud Member of The BlackHand
    I'm Back!
    Signed DrG

So wait a second... you mean to tell me that docs are not meant to solo the 27 adds I drag on my team? Well... no wonder nobody wants to team with me!
    Director Nevarstiyeh
    Events Team
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Contact the Events Department: events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

WTF!?!: This means "Way To Fight" and is used to complement you on your brilliant tactical choices.
    this is my favourite part
    great post anyway

omgz sticky
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Fine, sticky it is

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Letah
    Fine, sticky it is
    /s Woot! A bump by Letah and a sticky!
    /me does the dance of joy, sticky style!
    OMG my first sticky! I feel like god must feel when he got his first sticky.

Of course, I want you to know that this will not go to my head and I will maintain the level of professionalism you have come to expect from me and I will uphold the dignity of the Doc forum.

Weeeeeeeee........
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof

Spotted something on IRC:

<Haxar> http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hreadid=146310 < that's the best thread ev0r

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Originally posted by Letah
    Spotted something on IRC:

<Haxar> http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hreadid=146310 < that's the best thread ev0r

That's awesome! It brings a smile to my cynical heart to know that people really appreciate my guide. Maybe I should check out IRC (which I haven't yet). Thanks again for the sticky love, Letah (hmmm, wait, that sounds perverse ).

add: This is short for 'additional monsters needed' and is used when the monster you are fighting is an easy kill and the doc feels the team can handle more. When you hear this, run into ajoining rooms and pull more monsters into the fight.
    afk: This common term stands for "Attack, Fight, Kill" and is the doc's way of telling you to go pull mobs.
    brb: An acronym, this is short for "Boss Room Battle," and is a doc's way of telling the team it's time to fight the duneon or mission boss. Note that you will also sometimes see "afk brb," meaning the same thing.
    out of nano: If your doc says this after a fight, make sure you hit her with your QL 20 nano recharger berfore you run three rooms down and start another major fight.
    puller: The team's puller has the important job of "pulling" the team into fights. Usually this is accomplished by having an Agent with no evades Aimed Shot a social mob for 1/2 it's life or by having a similarily HP gimped teammate run into a room and fire off at least three special attacks, thereby pulling the rest of the team into the room to save him. Note that the puller does not have to be the same person every time and it is often best if different people pull as to keep the doc guessing who will drop to 1/3 their life and make her try to figure out what room they are in.
    rez sick: When docs say they are rez sick, it means they are sick of dying and ressurecting and they want to go straight to the room in the mission that killed them the first time and start fighting. (note that this is also referred to as "reclaim sick").
    tank: This is the person whose job it is to pull mobs to the doc.
    wait: "wait" is a bit tricky. While it sounds like the word "wait," as in 'stop,' what the doc is really saying is a shortened version of "waste it all." meaning destroy everything in the area. Docs will use this if they want you to start charging the mission.
    WTF!?!: This means "Way To Fight" and is used to complement you on your brilliant tactical choices.

You sicko!
    Reset Bobv Tradeskill - 182 eng doodSetup>
    Kungfumaster Aoeabuse Wong - 120 NT dood | Neurd - 143 MP dood | Bobtor - 85 Doctor dude | Fixdisbiatch - lvl 60 fixer | Coffeedotcom - lvl 60 crat | Aludra - lowbie adv, winnder of Gridstream's WTF award
    Screenshots (hehe) - - -Neleb's Nanocircuit Pajamas!!! woot? I am ali-baba! Annihilator pet!!!!!! A sign in adonis WRANGLEPLZ UBERSLAYERANIHILATORZOR BARNEY PWNZ hamsterARK!!!

if you can read this you dont need glasses
    my story

lol, sticky love from letah, uh huh

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Just read it again ..

Definetly one of the funniest, wittiest posts I've read on the forums.
    Didymus - Solitus Trader, Member of Instability

Its always nice to have some fun whitty posts every now and then =]

Are there any more in the future Zan?

Perhaps when you get up to "raid level"?
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Originally posted by Lord Tritoch
    Its always nice to have some fun whitty posts every now and then =]

Are there any more in the future Zan?

Perhaps when you get up to "raid level"?
    I have not forgotten this thread (especially since it is my signature thread ), but I haven't updated it in a while because I don't want to update it just for the sake of updating--I want any new material to be better then what's already there since just adding more of the same would actually lessen the overal humor of it. Also, I need to be rather choosy about any future updates, as I imagine I am nearly out of room in the original post to edit in more material.

I do think I can possibly come up with some new material as my doc career progresses into uncharted territory (i.e. raids and pvp), though even more then updating this guide, I have a couple ideas roughly sketched out for a new guide (written in the same serious style ). I continue to be amazed at the popularity of this thread (especially since I have stopped shamelessly self-promoting it) and I feel very grateful and gratified that so many of you have enjoyed it so much.

Smile Dear god it's all true

I feel so... so... so enlightened to know that someone has taken the time to come up with this beautiful and absolutely realistic guide... i laughed, i cried, i felt dirty and showered, and laughed again... altho i will have to say one thing in the name of realism... ppl need to be a little more conciderate of the wussy keeping the whole team alive... i lost 1.5mil xp yesturday (3 deaths 1 miss)... i guess i should have done a better job keeping myself alive at a miss twice my level... altho... happy to say no one died... altho they shoulda... then maybe the'd slow it down a tad... it's always a good day to die... once... not 4 times
    Yes, like the Cypress Hill song... Yes, i get the good stuffs... No, you can't have my dope man's number...

Greenethumb - Doctor
    Stromguard - Keeper
    Deeteether - Enforcer
    Sistafixxa - Engineer
    Funakiwami - Martial Artist
    Doochie - Trader
    Doose - Soldier
    Shivvah - Shade

"To be the best doctor you have ever teamed with, and to give my life if it comes down to it!" - Healenough

"People choose healing classes out of choice, not as a responsibility.." - Ratinox

"..docs can't heal stupidity " - Chezty

aweeeeeeeeeeeeeesome
    ~ Nikki "Kitene" Darling ~
    4925867th lvl 200 MA. cookie plz!
    ~ Lady "Aerfalle"Aerlinthe ~
    4925867th 200 NT. Gimme cookie
    '.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.>Storm<.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'

Funniest post I've seen.
    /me wants more

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast