Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvP points?

PvP points?

That's an old idea ..

Why can't we list our PvP points with a simple command.
    This should be easy to implement it because game knows how many points you have everytime. Whenever you died or killed someone, your pvp points are updated and if you manage to reach another title, it shows instantanely... but in huge mass battle, you can barely read chat with lag/message/spam... so a quick /pvp points will show the current points you have.

Just an old idea that will collect dust in that forum I guess...
    Atlantean :
    Caller "Edmunster" Supreme 220/20 Soldier
    Fumble "Maddiganed" Countered 220/21 NT

Testlive infos

Ya I bet this one has been suggested til it's blue in the face. Its a good idea, and I see no reason why it shouldn't be a reality.

thought of this for a long time hehe, good idea! bump!

how about just removing pvp titles?

omgz bump >.<
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Originally posted by Phoenix

omgz bump >.<
    Lol yea.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Originally posted by Phoenix

omgz bump >.<
    Yeah thats a good idea.

Im sick of people trying to kill me just for the title.

Also Im affraid of geting a pvp title myself when I help defend my guilds tower bases.

Why? A good pvp title shows prowress of the player before the battle, ganker or not. If ur a lvl 20 guy in a pvp zone, and you see another lvl 20 Aprentence trader, You know to run. Somhow i still shoot nybody on my agent even if there a neophyte. Yay for the dumb agent ><
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

title doesn't mean anything...go gank ppl with 20% or less health, does that mean you are good? no...it means u are a loser...

Originally posted by Kranden
    Why? A good pvp title shows prowress of the player before the battle, ganker or not. If ur a lvl 20 guy in a pvp zone, and you see another lvl 20 Aprentence trader, You know to run. Somhow i still shoot nybody on my agent even if there a neophyte. Yay for the dumb agent ><
    People can get high pvp titles by sneaking up on players on thier way to missions etc and thats nothing to be proud of.

y pls let me c that i didn´t get any points yet

BUMP !!!
    "When i´m big i buy me a real electric guitar" <- N.Y.

PVP titles should be open to attack anywhere, no matter the gas of the area.
    Joliie - Storm unit leader - When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite.
    Account Created 2001-07-06 00:00:17

Wars, conflict, it's all business. One murder makes a villain. Millions a hero. Numbers sanctify.

I guess removing title coming from a neophyte/experienced dood was a joke, wasn't it phoenix?

The original idea was to be able to list points.. not removing titles.
    In battle spam, you can't read everything in chat... then if you think that you have killed someone but can't see the reward message for some reason, a simple /pvp points will say if you had or not the kill.
    Atlantean :

Testlive infos

Originally posted by Stone_Hearted
    title doesn't mean anything...go gank ppl with 20% or less health, does that mean you are good? no...it means u are a loser...
    GL getting titles like that
    Cordura agent 216 Defender Rank : Competent (15)
    Kasstoa 149 enf Defender Rank : Suited (16)
    JdealdladopeDefender Rank : Starter (4)
    DRevil lvl 8X Doc Retired old boy

I don't think Phoenix is joking actually.

In most games (even sport in real life), people gain reputation and acclaim on ability/performance. The problem with titles in AO is that while they can demonstrate a certain prowess of the player, there's also many high titled people who are in fact pretty average. Kinda undermines the title thing altogether. Titles can always be faked, but individual opinion can't really be, so what need for titles? If David Beckham wins the European cup, he doesn't become Neophyte Beckham, but he's acknowledged on merit nonetheless.

oh ok.. getting the point
    Atlantean :

Testlive infos

That is a BUMP !

with the new PvP tweak done with 15.5, this feature (list PvP points) should be implemented.
    Atlantean :

Testlive infos

Would be nice, seeing how one can die and be killed so much in tower wars should be impltended.
    ~RK 1~
    190 Omni Adv Druid "Allanor" Rafe
    Unit Commander of Dragon-SiN-
    equip
    60 Meta-Physicist
    --------------------------------------
    Explorer 86% Socializer 73%
    Achiever 40% Killer 0%

Originally posted by Stone Hearted
    If you kill someone already at 20% i dont think you will get any points, you need the majority of the damage on the target to get the kill..

Still, good idea, bump for a way to see your current points

I agree with Phoenix, just remove the titles, PvP would be way more fun...I mean it would take PvP to a whole new level when ppl don't have anything to care about.
    moon meeh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast