Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New idea - metaphysic transparence

BUMP!!
    Wingless - MP lvl 158 - Atlantean (Rk1) [Armor]

Rustykiller - lvl 53 - President of Nightwalker

45 seconds is far too long for the buffs you're giving out there. 1000 to all evades including NR would mean that you would be only hit by specials for a 45 second period of time (over twice the length of ns2) where you can be fighting. I think that instead of a root and snare, you should add an unremovable 60 second snare (slightly more than the duration to make this a desperation move) and a full 45 sec nano shutdown.

Truthfully from what I've seen on the nt forums Blackmane tends to think giving huge defensive nanos to the more fragile professions is a fast road to imbalance. He has claimed in the past that he hates nulity for nts, and I doubt he would allow an even more overpowered version of the same thing to exist.

If you are void of emotions, how do you have pets?

[QUOTE]posted by Zoltah

Truthfully from what I've seen on the nt forums Blackmane tends to think giving huge defensive nanos to the more fragile professions is a fast road to imbalance.QUOTE]That's an excellent point. FunCom has stated that they really want to avoid having tank mages in game.

On the other hand, though, they've said that MPs have their pets to hide behind. So, maybe this should be tied to the pets. Maybe say that while in this state, the MP himself is effectively immune to attack. But, he takes "sympathetic" damage from attacks on his pets - maybe 1/3 of the damage. And the nano ends if all his pets are killed. So, this nano would still provide a good defense; and could encourage people to attack the pets like FunCom seems to have intended.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

posted by Trendor :
    If you are void of emotions, how do you have pets?
    simple because when u create u pet the emotion are put in the pet and fill the body of the nano creature not the mp he loose this emotion for create it...

posted by Hypos:
    posted by Zoltah

Truthfully from what I've seen on the nt forums Blackmane tends to think giving huge defensive nanos to the more fragile professions is a fast road to imbalance.
    That's an excellent point. FunCom has stated that they really want to avoid having tank mages in game.

On the other hand, though, they've said that MPs have their pets to hide behind. So, maybe this should be tied to the pets. Maybe say that while in this state, the MP himself is effectively immune to attack. But, he takes "sympathetic" damage from attacks on his pets - maybe 1/3 of the damage. And the nano ends if all his pets are killed. So, this nano would still provide a good defense; and could encourage people to attack the pets like FunCom seems to have intended.
    on this point i want just put an important point here, we don't gain an immunity at the damage but an more chance to "avoid" is not the same to have 2000 in evade don't want says u gonna avoid all the attack don't forget this and when the mp are in this stats he are stopped and can almost made nothing, is an important difference between the NS and this

I would also like to see some type of concelment,
    if I understood the original post, Its kinda like GA armor for the fixers,,1\2 in the grid 1\2 out..so would it work kinda like a cloak? Or up our conc. by x amount The evades are nice, but what if your like me, and have never spent the ip in 140 lvls..to a + 400 wouldnt help much cept cut down on the crits..I would still get creamed..anywho..love the idea

simple because when u create u pet the emotion are put in the pet and fill the body of the nano creature not the mp he loose this emotion for create it...
    Hehe maybe. Sort of like a balloon? That explains alot!

But I would rather think of us like Hypos (I think) said awhile back: Like the Incredable Hulk. Once our rage reaches a certain point, we turn into this very capable fighting machine. Once that rage leaves, we are fairly weak and easy to kill.

Posted by Trendor:
    But I would rather think of us like Hypos (I think) said awhile back: Like the Incredable Hulk. Once our rage reaches a certain point, we turn into this very capable fighting machine. Once that rage leaves, we are fairly weak and easy to kill.
    only one thing at says go to read this MP Wishlist: Berserk is an very old idea i have proposed and already add at the wishlist ( i hope fc one day add this that can be an good change for the mp)

for the concealement why not

Power through meditation ql 200
    +DMS 400
    +evades 500
    1 second cast time
    1 min recharg time
    Duration 30 seconds
    No attack possible
    Kills attack pet due to calming self
    This would Be useful for acutly defending yourself in extreme emgerncies.. You oculd posible heal self not die killing attack pet would make it a non pvp thing 1 minet recast leave u vulnerable with no attack pet for another 30 seconds so wouldnt use to solo either...

Posible root or run speed optinal But meditating always brought peace and reduction of neg stastics to me posible delete root/runspeed options kill all pets and use as getaway optio menaing be battenefective for 1 min mabey add a neg 2k inits for 1 minet or osmething horid so couldnt attack makeing it alot easier to nano up

neg effects -4000 k to inits rembers higher level pople could still do soso with some ints Your in a calm sence last 1 minet and kills all pets Truly no wonder nano for any sorta exploit but self preservation..

Wonders if anybody would like there Evades line umm er nano :P uped in ql 100-150-200 title levle it curent bonus time ncu is already enough just make amounts higher 60/100/150/200 respectivly at ql 200 1k nano cost 3 second cast 3 second recharge 20-40 ncu.. STACKABLE fixer posible SELF only

Also like to consider adding To our lame mm skill make it useful notum web things reducing nano cool.. add in a small nano regen like a 20-50 point humidifer nothing too strong cant regen like a nt but we should have some being metaphysical and all..

Would realy like to see mp more class defined and we can stop ranting thinking well they can how do we compare we could be like We are this we have this we arn't wana be engies nts doc wanabee's cause we acutly are differnt and can contribue with our own nanos..
    Specily DMS+ nanos Our class should be something like grid armour i think we are metaphisical beings of spiritaulness how about Metaphiscal Transparecy adding x% dms evades 6 hour 1 ncu make it 100-200-300 ish // Or the adding of shield to wrist would be optimal because if they where stacked might be to too strong not shure

Wingless,

Where are we this this so far? Do you think that the three proposals you made above are about ready to enter the wishlist? The evade buffs on the top ones seem massive to me right now - though with some of the potential Shadowlands changes it's hard to tell. Still the basic idea is clear.

When you're ready and you think you've covered most of the points, update the proposal you made above to a final version and let me know. I'll transfer it to the wishlist.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

final version???

Emotional Void ql 100
    nano cost: 2000 nano point
    requirement:
    title lvl 4
    T&S:500
    MM:500
    PM:500
    attack: 2 sec.
    recharge: 20 sec.
    duration: 30 sec.
    effect:
    add concelament of 400
    add all evade 400
    add nanoresist 400
    run speed -2000
    and stun for 25 sec.
    description: with the an high control of him gain by the meditation the metaphysician have learned how made the empty in him mind no emotion or think...the result is an evade bonus
    if the metaphysician made any mouvement , give pet order or cast any nano he loose the control of him meditation and the bonus of evade are loose.....

explanation: why have place an reduce of mouvement , if the mp decided to move for any reason.. he are still slow because always in semi meditation

Emotional Oblivion ql 150
    nano cost: 3500 nano point
    requirement:
    title lvl 5
    T&S:800
    MM:800
    PM:800
    attack: 3 sec.
    duration: 35 sec.
    effect:
    add concealement 700
    add all evade 700
    add nanoresist 700
    run speed -2000
    and stun for 25 sec.
    description: with the an long time pass in the meditation the metaphysician have gain have learned how made the empty in him mind no emotion and still continue at think...the result are an great evade bonus
    if the metaphysician made any mouvement or cast any nano he loose the control of him meditation and the bonus of evade are loose.....

explanation: in this version more powerfull the mp can give order at him pet without break the meditation

Emotional Black Hole ql 190
    nano cost: 4000 nano point
    requirement:
    title lvl 6
    T&S:1000
    MM:1000
    PM:1000
    attack: 4 sec.
    duration: 45 sec.
    effect:
    add concealment 1000
    add nanoresist 1000
    add all evade 1000
    run speed -2000
    and stun for 20 sec.
    description: after many year in the meditation the metaphysician have reach an so powerfull control on him emotion. he have devellope the capacity to become not in phase with this dimension and gain an unbelieable evade bonus
    if the metaphysician made any mouvement or he loose the control of him meditation and the bonus of evade are loose.....

explanation: in this version the mp can cast nano or give order at him pet without loose the medition

say me if that is good like this

From my point of view yup.

Let's check for final feedback from others and I'll add it to the wishlist tomorrow morning.

X

I really like the last proposely except for one thing, the add to concealment. The way i see FC implementing, as is or nearly so, is if the MP were to do anything at all the bonuses are to be lost. Which includes pressing the CONCEAL key which would void all bonuses including the concealment bonus.

The reason i bring this up is the idea for a AAO nano for attack pets was brought up in at least the MP forum if not others also. I strongly disagree with how Funcom implemented it for the MP profession is why i think it needs to be spelled out to FC that actually concealing should not be considered a movement.

I'll add a note in the proposal itself that the MP must be able to conceal himself too.

I'll be rounding this one up a little later this morning. Dentist appointment first.

X

First pass - let me know if the texts are OK in particular.

Proposal for Metaphysic Transference
    ==========================

Here's a proposal for another defensive measures idea for the MP.
    • Emotional Void ql 100
      nano cost: 2000 nano point
      requirement:
      title lvl 4
      T&S:500
      MM:500
      PM:500
      attack: 2 sec.
      duration: 30 sec.
      effect:
      add concelament of 400
      add all evade 400
      add nanoresist 400
      run speed -2000
      and stun for 25 sec.

Description: With great self-control the MP is able to empty his mind completely of emotions... through the power of meditation the MP is able to phase himself onto a metaphysical plane. Any movement, command or action other than using conceal will break his meditation.

Explanation: Even when the meditation is broken his state of semi-meditation cause his slowness.

Emotional Oblivion ql 150

nano cost: 3500 nano point
      requirement:
      title lvl 5
      T&S:800
      MM:800
      PM:800
      attack: 3 sec.
      duration: 35 sec.
      effect:
      add concealement 700
      add all evade 700
      add nanoresist 700
      run speed -2000
      and stun for 25 sec.

Description: With great self-control the MP is able to empty his mind completely of emotions... through the power of meditation the MP is able to phase himself onto a metaphysical plane. Any movement or action other than using conceal will break his meditation.

Explanation: in this version the more powerful MP is able to control his pets during the effect.

Emotional Black Hole ql 190

nano cost: 4000 nano point
      requirement:
      title lvl 6
      T&S:1000
      MM:1000
      PM:1000
      attack: 4 sec.
      duration: 45 sec.
      effect:
      add concealment 1000
      add nanoresist 1000
      add all evade 1000
      run speed -2000
      and stun for 20 sec.

Description: With great self-control the MP is able to empty his mind completely of emotions... through the power of meditation the MP is able to phase himself onto a metaphysical plane. Any movement other than using conceal will break his meditation.

Explanation: At the highest levels of concentration the MP is able to command the pets and also cast nanos during the effect.

This proposal was designed in the MP Wishlist: Metaphyisic Transparence Thread . For more information about how the design was reached please reference that thread. To propose changes/additions to this design - please post to that thread.

Last edited by XtremTech; Jun 18th, 2003 at 18:51:24.

for me is perfect like always ^^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12