Thread: Lost items in Omni-Ent server time warp at 12:30 AM on 03-05

Lost items in Omni-Ent server time warp at 12:30 AM on 03-05

No No No No No you will not get away with this this time FC!!!!!

My closest friend in-game lost over 2 million credits worth of implants becuase of a server glitch, that took 3 weeks for him to gather way back before you had trade sections in the stores.... and tonight another new friend of mine lost 2.5 million credits worth of elite armor and nanos, specifically a full Q89 set of elite armor, and 2 nano cyrstals - essence of behemeth, and challenger to behemeth, as well as a very hard to find Q51 bracer of growing flesh.

Damn your no refund policy!!!!! THIS WILL NOT SUFICE THIS TIME!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL MAKE COMPENSATION!!!!!

If all these other MORG's are able to back track items through logs, so can you! This sort of lackadsical attitude toward your customers ends NOW!!!!!!!! YOU will be held accountable for your server errors!!!! No More will we sit idley by while you feebly apologize and TELL US THAT YOU CANNOT DO ANYTHING TO HELP US!!!! BS!!!!

WE WILL NOT GO QUIETLY AWAY AND TOLERATE YOUR INEPTITUDE!!!!! FIX THIS ISSUE, GIVE US LOGS, AND GIVE US BACK OUR DAMN LOST ITEMS!!!!!!!!!!!

You will continue to see this post until you have made your compensation to Greatthor! No excuses will be tolerated this time!

Well FC has decided not only to not reimburse the items, but has also placed a flag on my account due to the explicit nature of my petition regarding the loss (guess they didn't like my temper tantrum, I'll make a note to be all sweet and cheery next time .|.. ..|. ).

Anyway, Greatthor is now leaving AO. What a crappy, crappy situation... took him a month to earn 2.5 million credits so he could afford the equipment that he lost in a single server crash. Sure he could just borrow the credits from someone, or get hand-me-downs from other players, but that doesn't make that awful feeling of being brutally raped go away.

FC obviously has no interest in addressing this issue. Other games have had no problems with checking logs and returning lost items, and those games did not have a monthly charge. Seems FC is disinterested in the player base, only interested in gaining more new players so they can make more first-sale profits.

I really like this game, but I hate what Funcom has made it into. So many major issues are continually left unaddressed, so many broken gameplay aspects that we have all come to accept them as normal. I fully expect to lose items of great importance to me every couple of months. I fully expect each new patch to be worse than the one before. I can count on MoB's being different, on stores populating differently, on some major bug that doesn't get fixed for at least a week after it's introduced by yet another crappy patch. I can count on not one single FC employee to answer this post, also, unless to say that "cross-posting is not allowed" ..|.

I'm not sure that I can take much more of this... AO was supposed to be a game, not an exercise in frustration. What happened to having fun while running around and smacking things? Why is it so impossible to keep the game running smoothly like it did for so long during the 13.5 version? Why does each new patch always break more than it fixes? And why oh why is there no way to track and reimburse lost items?

I guess we will never know...

Sincerely yours,
    Loxt - betamonkey ..|.

I lost my Pioneer Backpack (full of low QL Omni-Pol armor) during an Omni-Ent crash in February. I feel for you. A guildmate lost his Yalmaha during the same crash.
    RETIRED