Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Highorbits Engineer Guide MkII

Added Lesser Automaton. I'll check the OE on it tonight if possible with my Level 5 engi with no spent IP hehe.
    Highorbit - Supreme Creator - Atlantean - 205 - Armour
    Andrele - Sorcerer - Atlantean
    Simarion - General - Atlantean - 200
    Zendia - Doctor - Atlantean
    Roanna - Preserver - Atlantean
    Littleorbit - Priest - Atlantean

Shameless Self Advertising: Engineer Guide

Oh how amusing.

Just tested the level 3 bot Lesser Automaton.

This bot requires 25 MC and TS to summon, but requires 27 MC and TS for you to be able to control it.

Needless to say this bot needs a "Do Not Use" sticker on it.
    Last edited by Highorbit; Jun 18th, 2003 at 15:08:22.

Added (and shuffled) section 5.3 on Resetting Skills.

Just a really brief description, hopefully enough to get the idea

Great Guide since I am currently considering to make an engi!

Just a small correction: Maestros are +125, not +120

Keep it going.
    Defect

Originally posted by Satsh
    Great Guide since I am currently considering to make an engi!

Just a small correction: Maestros are +125, not +120

Keep it going.
    oops... fixed that thanks.

Oh my, it's HUGE
    StabbaH - 200+ Shade

Originally posted by Pumbo
    Oh my, it's HUGE
    Well it's got a contents list :-p

Ah I knew I would find it here

Nice guide H! One amendment: /pet rename is used instead of /pet "thisname". Or do you engys have it easy?
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Originally posted by Ntrox, Trox MP
    Ah I knew I would find it here

Nice guide H! One amendment: /pet rename is used instead of /pet "thisname". Or do you engys have it easy?
    Ooops... fixed that now.

A few of the bots on the bugged list require testing.

If anyone has the time / inclination or appropriate levels of skill the following bots could use testing for the OE requirements.

• Lesser Gladiatorbot - Should require 207 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is 217 - 220 MC and TS.
    • Advanced Gladiatorbot - Should require 303 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is unknown (testing required).
    • Patchwork Warmachine - Should require 588 MC and TS to be within OE. Actual requirement is unknown (testing required).

w00t! /me was useful!

Mokies H?
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

The only two suggestions I'd make at this time are more emphasis on the reset points, and a bit more about teaming.

Mainly, that untill level 200, you can ALWAYS get another level for more IP instead of using a reset point.

Since there are currently no ways of gaining more reset points at level 200, I'd STRONGLY urge players not to use reset points unless they are COMPLETELY done leveling.

This can't be stressed enough as it is the only way a character can continue to adapt to the times the longer it plays.

I've seen too many players make new characters, many making new characters of the SAME profession they already leveled to 200, just because they ran out of reset points and now have a stagnant character.

About teaming. This goes for any pet class player. Controlling your pet and the borked hate list. If you use /pet attack, and you recieve damage, your pet will start to attack any mob within a certain radius that aggros on anyone within that radius.

ie: You make your pet. You /pet attack it on a mob. You shoot the mob. Mob turns to you and hits you a few times. Mob turns back to pet. Mob dies. Random mob aggros someone within 20 meters or so (never really figured out the exact radius), your pet will automatically attack the mob.

Why is this important? Because it is the single biggest reason calms are broken in missions, and more importantly, while raiding. It is annoying, and there was a fix planned for it, but last I heard it was sidelined because it broke the /pet hunt command.

What can you do? Learn to time the use of your /pet behind or /pet wait macro right before the death of a mob. Or never take aggro.

By the way, I haven't actually played my MP for some time now, so if the fix has gone through, ignore the last part of my post.
    Last edited by Sulpicia; Jun 21st, 2003 at 12:37:50.
    Silent Night

More accounts/characters then I care to list.

Going from 12+ hours/day playstyle to 1-2 has done wonders for my life.

Originally posted by Sulpicia
    The only two suggestions I'd make at this time are more emphasis on the reset points, and a bit more about teaming.

Mainly, that untill level 200, you can ALWAYS get another level for more IP instead of using a reset point.

Since there are currently no ways of gaining more reset points at level 200, I'd STRONGLY urge players not to use reset points unless they are COMPLETELY done leveling.

This can't be stressed enough as it is the only way a character can continue to adapt to the times the longer it plays.

I've seen too many players make new characters, many making new characters of the SAME profession they already leveled to 200, just because they ran out of reset points and now have a stagnant character.

About teaming. This goes for any pet class player. Controlling your pet and the borked hate list. If you use /pet attack, and you recieve damage, your pet will start to attack any mob within a certain radius that aggros on anyone within that radius.

ie: You make your pet. You /pet attack it on a mob. You shoot the mob. Mob turns to you and hits you a few times. Mob turns back to pet. Mob dies. Random mob aggros someone within 20 meters or so (never really figured out the exact radius), your pet will automatically attack the mob.

Why is this important? Because it is the single biggest reason calms are broken in missions, and more importantly, while raiding. It is annoying, and there was a fix planned for it, but last I heard it was sidelined because it broke the /pet hunt command.

What can you do? Learn to time the use of your /pet behind or /pet wait macro right before the death of a mob. Or never take aggro.

By the way, I haven't actually played my MP for some time now, so if the fix has gone through, ignore the last part of my post.
    Thanks for the suggestions... I'll look at revising the relevant sections when I'm not shooting things

Revised 5.3. Resetting Skills.

Added section 10.2. Pets in Combat

Comments are greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Highorbit
    Revised 5.3. Resetting Skills.

Added section 10.2. Pets in Combat

Comments are greatly appreciated.
    Your hair looks nice today? Er.. can't think of anything else.. Want a sammich?
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Tiny additions:
    Armor section: Obtru is good easy to get sens/agi armor.
    Weapons: Home defender. Very similar to Vektors.
    PVP: Reflect auras vs Aoe nt's (kels). Nt's really hate reflect shields in tower pvp. The +61 damage from our top reflect auras makes a difference.

Originally posted by Martinn
    Tiny additions:
    Armor section: Obtru is good easy to get sens/agi armor.
    Weapons: Home defender. Very similar to Vektors.
    PVP: Reflect auras vs Aoe nt's (kels). Nt's really hate reflect shields in tower pvp. The +61 damage from our top reflect auras makes a difference.
    Thank you... added that little lot

Even tinyer additions

MC/TS adding items (except weapons):
    Notum focus +1MC/TS(You can wear 2) relatively easy to get. Clawfinger forefather in smugglers den.
    Notum ring from the temple +2MC/TS
    GPH +9 MC/TS Very hard to get. Tara loot.
    Metal armlet of the Quartet +2 TS (You can wear 2). Drops from primus/secundus in acecamp.
    Azure sleeves +4 TS (You can wear 2) Hard to get. Drops from mercs.
    Azure gloves +8 MC Hard to get. Drops from mercs.
    Ebony figurine +4 to all nanoskills. Very rare drop from primus/secundus mobs in acecamp.
    PVH Vest +14-20 to all nanoskills. Very hard to get. Drops from Professor Van Horn. 18hr spawn timer. Nanomage only.
    Pants of participation +4 MC/TS. Drops from one of the generals in pw. Hard to get. Clan only.
    Threatening trousers +6MC/TS drops from one of the generals in pw. Hard to get. Omni only.
    Flower guard helmet +3MC. Drops from juggernauts. Clan only.

I only added the items i know are available ingame. There are more mc/ts adding items in the database that may or may not appear.

Originally posted by Martinn
    Even tinyer additions

MC/TS adding items (except weapons):
    Notum focus +1MC/TS(You can wear 2) relatively easy to get. Clawfinger forefather in smugglers den.
    Notum ring from the temple +2MC/TS
    GPH +9 MC/TS Very hard to get. Tara loot.
    Metal armlet of the Quartet +2 TS (You can wear 2). Drops from primus/secundus in acecamp.
    Azure sleeves +4 TS (You can wear 2) Hard to get. Drops from mercs.
    Azure gloves +8 MC Hard to get. Drops from mercs.
    Ebony figurine +4 to all nanoskills. Very rare drop from primus/secundus mobs in acecamp.
    PVH Vest +14-20 to all nanoskills. Very hard to get. Drops from Professor Van Horn. 18hr spawn timer. Nanomage only.
    Pants of participation +4 MC/TS. Drops from one of the generals in pw. Hard to get. Clan only.
    Threatening trousers +6MC/TS drops from one of the generals in pw. Hard to get. Omni only.
    Flower guard helmet +3MC. Drops from juggernauts. Clan only.

I only added the items i know are available ingame. There are more mc/ts adding items in the database that may or may not appear.
    Thanks for that lot... added them all under section 5.5

here are some other usesful bits that explain how certian skills work (or are emnt to work)

NANO RESIST
    it depends on attack skills of your target.
    let me explain. lets take a look at a NT dmg nanos.
    they are mostly based on Mat Crea. now lets say NT's mat
    crea skill is 1k and resist modifier is 100%.
    since AO is attack based game, you'd need 1k nano resist for having 25% chance to resist the spell.'

RINGS OF LUCK (and addoff add def items)
    Add all off = AMS = Attack Modifier Skill (also know as add off)
    Add all def = DMS = Defense Modifier Skill (also know as add def)

AMS is displayed in the status window (many refer to it as "attack modifier"). DMS howerver isn't displayed probably because it depends what weapon is being used on you (or because it also depends on your agg-def setting).

How AMS works everyone pretty much knows regarding increased dmg, but how it works on your chances to hit and increased critical chance, it's pretty dim still. DMS on the other hand is opposite of AMS, it's used to reduce the chance of you being hit and reduces the chances of critical hits on you.
    So a 25% ring add all off def means you can have agg/def bar at 100% and it wouls act like a 75% aggro bar.

INITIATIVES RANGED AND NANO
    (melee/ranged/physical Initiative)
    With 0 initiative and you agg-def bar at 75% you will fire at the rate the weapon says in the description. For every 300 init it reduces the attack speed by 1 sec and for every 600 init the recharge of the weapon is ruduced by 1sec (supposedly but in pracatice some weapons need a bit more). (buffed/debuffed,items/nanos increase/decrease initiative but DOESN'T affect recharge. If you set you agg-def from 100% to 50% 1 sec gets added to your attack and recharge speed and from 100% to 0% 2 sec get added to your attack and recharge. Speed cap is at 1 sec attack, 1 sec recharge (i'e the experssion 'shooting 1/1')

(NanoC Initative)
    With 0 initiative and you agg-def at 25% you will execute at the rate it says in the nano's description. The problem is unlike for other initiatives NanoC init only has THREE agg-def positions 0%, 1-99% and 100%, so the 25% is a theoretical value (I dunno maybe that's a bug). For every 200 NanoC init your attack speed gets reduced by 1 sec, recharge remains unchanged. By setting you agg-def from 100% to 1-99%, 1 sec gets added to your attack speed and nothing to recharge. From 100% to 0% 2 sec gets added to your attack speed and nothing to recharge. Speed cap is at 0 sec attack and recharge is whatever the description in the nano says.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast