Thread: Are there plans to implement REAL vehicles?

Are there plans to implement REAL vehicles?

With REAL vehicles I mean cars, dirt bikes, dune buggies, hovercrafts, gyrocopters and all that cool stuff seen on the scifi movies. NOT the current shortcut toilet seat thingies that fit into your pocket.

Yes, it might be realistic to think that the future automobile or flying car would be pocket-sized, noiseless, self-contained and unbreakable but it just lacks any CLASS.

You could have garages outside the towns where you could park your car much like stables in fantasy MMORPGs where you can leave your horses.

With the REAL cars you could race the dunes with engines roaring and sand flying. Now THAT would be CLASS. Also you might later implement a real vehicle combat system with drive-by-shooting, vehicles blowing up (and needing repair) and all that kind of things.

Or is the current system the final and we will have to put up with the noiseless toilet seats forever?

- Tom
    Last edited by Tom Gore; Mar 5th, 2002 at 09:05:04.

i suppose vehicles like cars would require new physics in the game, because atm every vehicle flys (some not very high though )

what i don't like is the lack of alternation. the only thing you can see atm is either a kodiak or a yalmaha. there should be some more vehicles, especially a cheaper plane. make it slow as hell, but let it fly. i know some ppl who are about to quit the game because they don't have the credits to buy a yalm and to keep their equipment up to date at the same time. or make vehicles tradeable at least. or... oh, i'm talking to much hehe

Yep I suppose it would take some work but hey, we're paying them to upkeep and develop the game, right?

Hehe were paying them to get to the point where the game isnt bug ridden by that time SWG will be out and everyone will split. Or even Neocron in the next couple of months