Thread: Yalms and chests??

Angry Yalms and chests??

Ok i have noticed alot of cars/planes popping up in missions latley (got a boat and mid today).
    So my wife was out doing a mission in Tir and shouts to me " Just found a Yalm" woot...

So i run over there to pick it up (i dont own one) got to the mission and dupe they key and follow her to the box...

Gone!!!

No box no Yalm...like wtf..

Is this a new feature that we cant share cars/planes with our friends/family/guild mates.

Now both of us have lost out ..

Do boxes decay if you leave mission???

Anyone had this happen to them?

Persil

Post Explaination

Boxes have always decay after some minutes if you have open them to see what is hidden inside. If you dont pick up the items in the chest, the chest will disappear after a short time. You MUST pick up all you find. But if you want to give the NO DROP Item to a friend, you're screwed if your friend is not in the mission area with you.

First, he must hurry up to join you near the chest.
    Second, you have to exit the mission area to give him a key. If you exit, the open chest will disappear.

This have always been like that. Except the time of disappearing has been reduce to some minutes instead of 10-15 minutes (patch 13.4).

It's not a bug, and it's totally intended.

The best way to do it is to keep the chest open while your buddy runs to your mission location. You can dupe the key with the chest still open. Note the location of the chest and when your buddy is right outside of the mission door quickly run out, hand him the key and then race back to the chest. I usually take a screenshot of the map so that I can work my way back efficiently. Playing in windowed mode is required though.

Tnx

Ok tnx for the replies..

I was 2-3 mins away from the mission when she found it and she waited outside till i arrived so it looks like it decayed..

We have never found one before so never knew what to do.:/

Anyway cheers for advice

Persil

successful pass on of yalm

i did it, heres what i did...

open chest found yalm

left chest open

contacted friend

gave clear and concise instructions on how to get to mission area
    (wailing wastes...long run arf)

waited in mission with chest open all the time

friend arrived

duped key had team recruit drop ready

closed chest left mission

quickly teamed passed keys then ran back to mission

friend opend chest and grabbed yalm (barely her hands were shaking so much arf)

no chance of decay and one very very very happy friend.

Ok, speaking of chests with vehicles... my girlfriend and I have been playing a couple of weeks now, and we're both 51. I am a doc, and she is an adventurer. She worked up the skills for disarming traps and breaking and entering, and has been looting all the chests. In the time since we started, we have uncovered eight vehicles. Of those eight, six were in locked chests.

The problem : I have never been able to open a chest after she unlocks it. And, I can't unlock it either. When I try to open it, it says 'it is locked' and when I try to unlock it, nothing happens (you don't get the 'you failed...' message and the chest does not open). Is this the way it is supposed to work? Only the person that unlocks a chest can loot it, or are we doing something wrong?

Not had that problem

I found a Yalm in a chest (finally!) and then later in the same say I found another one! Being the nice guy I am I told my org about my find and had a yalmless guildie run out to the mission.I closed the chest manually. It took him a good 15 minutes at least to get there. I ran out and duped the key. We ran back inside to the chest. I opened it first to make sure the plane was still there and it was. When he tried to open the chest he got an "already in use" message. So we waited a few seconds and he tried again. He looted the Yalm just fine. Sorry you guys had those problems. Maybe I was lucky.

Was the chest originally locked? My problem has been that if a chest is locked, then only the person that unlocked it can access it after that point. In other words, I cannot open the unlocked chest (I get the 'it is locked' message, and I cannot pick the lock (when I try, nothing happens - not even the 'you have failed to pick the lock' type message).

Anybody know if it is supposed to work this way? We have tried repeatedly, in multiple missions with multiple people trying to access the previously locked chest.