Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove apartmentl imit until upgrade

Remove apartmentl imit until upgrade

Jebus, this is ridiculous.

I understand that there will eventually be new apartments that will have the draw of not havng the so-called "n00b" apartment 10 item limit...

But until that is going to happen, please, please, please remove the 10 item limit... if we don't even have the option, it is pointless to punish us.

Trust me, FC, this gesture would appease A LOT of people.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

agreed!! (bump)

Thanks. Not relaly an original idea, though. :-)

Um, if you agree, please reply... we need as many people as possible to demand this. :-/

I have 2 backpacks full of stuff I'd like to put in my apartment... :-/

Well the meow agrees like damn hell!

And I STILL want to line that long, ugly, useless corridor in front of my apartment with plants.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Post The reason they havent taken off the limit

Im sure the reason they havent taken the limit off is bc it would take up more server hard drive space. 10 items isnt much spaced use on a players apartment area for their character data. All this data is stored on their servers and with alot of characters that space adds up. Say if you add one more item limt and its 1k say you have 150k accounts and 3 chararters each. Thats 450k characters and 1k each is 450meg. Now thats not alot but if you had a limit you wouldnt want one more. Something more like 25-30 total would be good if not more. So that is 11,250meg-13,500meg. Now you think of your hard drive at your comp. You have 40-100gig so thats not alot. But On there servers they have alot of different data. Im sure they use up almost all there hard drive space that they have. So what they need to do is get some more hard drive just for appartments. And different type of appartments and have more info about your appartment data for what appartment you have. Then logical have some monitoring system that warns them of when they are starting to run out of drive space.

Im sure they dont want to come out and say hey gives us the time to get the money to buy new drives and we will have more appartment space.

PPL you need to understand the main reason we dont have stuff in the game that will come is bc of money. You prob see FC as this company with money just laying around. I would bet 100billion credits that the reason some stuff isnt added yet is bc they need more space data, more servers for speed, etc. That is why they dont have programmer after programmer typing code for more game features. The more money they dip into the game the better it is. The better it is the more players they get. And so on and so on. They are a company their goal is to make their stock go up not down. So when ppl leave the game cash follow descrease. less steady improvements, less ppl, etc. Im sure UO and EQ has less updates then when they first came out. Why? bc there is less money there to spend on improvements.

Um, putting 50 items in an apartment will cause more server load than the servers spawning thousands of dynamic missions with thousands of mobs and thousands of treasure chests with thousands of items? And tens of thousands of players carrying hundreds of thousands of items in their inventories?

O_o

Dont give me any statistic bull****, give me more space now!

I never said that what I said is that they only have so much space. They dont have unlimited space. Im sure they only have what they need bc any hardware they buy and that goes unused is a waste of money

Reread what I said.

This is not to be offensive but i dont think some of you people know what you are talking about.

To advance Apt space will not eat AO's servers alive, when you place something in your apartment (i belive) its saved as a strand that contains the opject ID revrence strand ans a simple local corridanate and orientation that tells the user where the objects are located and the users computers on-the-fly generate the enviroment by these small strands of data.

Removing/setting a higher limit does not seem to be that sever of a problem when all the data on their servers that is stored could look somthing like:
    "46-sdfg6452-146sd5fg:16.4:45.1:1.0:90.0"
    /object reference\ /location\ /\ rotation

I cant imagin such a small data stransd would take up soo mush room, even if there were hundres of thousands of them.

I can feel the knowledge dripping off of me now..

Mmmmm, warm....

bumpity...

bumpity bump, this should be done...
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Yeah come on!
    /me begs
    /me cries
    /me licks the ground
    /me walks on all four

I agree, take off the limit or raise it to like 50. I'm with one of above posters, I have 2 statues of buffy i want to put in the hallway, one on each side, surrounded by plants along the way.

MORE STUFF so i can get rid of the backpacks of items i'm waiting to use..

for those that say it would take more space, BAH! It's already taking up space in my bank, now it would be taking up space in my apartment instead, where they should be!

I wont pretend to know anything about how Funcom engineered the game, but I will say that this is something that is long overdue.

The 10 item limit, no beds, couches, etc is a stale issue. It's kind of hard to believe that this still isn't taken care of when we were told that most of the work has already been completed already anyway.

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the addition of the new content for those of us who had little to do in the upper levels, but making apartments a nice hang-out would give a lot of us something to do (decorate, visit, whatever).

Why isn't this on a roadmap that we can see???? Why can't they give us an idea of when this will finally be completed?

Cmon Funcom, stop hoarding the real estate and let us needy apartment leeches get some love here !!!!!

Altaire

Wink RE: Increased Space in Apartments

First off, I'd just like to say this would be a great gesture from Funcom, to tide us over till the full implementation of apartments.

In regards to "This will take up more HD space for funcom", how so? If I move an item from my bank, to my apartment, how does that take up more space?

Most of us aren't looking for a new place to store items, just a better place to store em, not to mention the pain it is to decorate an apartment with 10 items.

My bank is full of bags, which are all full, I don't see how increasing the apartment space to say, 100 items (with say a 20 container limit), will cause much of a problem. All I want is a more furnished apartment, AND the ability to move items I don't access frequently to a more permanent location, leaving my bank for a smaller ammount of items which I can sort through quicker.

Just my 2 cents.

Thesolitas

I say that we organize ingame protests against the CoT and Omni-Tek to remove the repressive personal storage limit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast