Thread: Lifespan of TL2/3 standard twinking items (GAI and GE)

Lifespan of TL2/3 standard twinking items (GAI and GE)

Yeah, yeah, I hate GA threads too.

I bought a GA disc a while ago (it was a good deal at the time, although about normal price these days), and yes, it was to bought to turn a profit. However, I decided since I had the damn thing, why not roll a fixer and try it out? Yes, I've read the threads, y'all seem to have mad hate for folks who roll GA fixers. I don't really see how it matters or why it affects your day but there you go. Acknowledgement that I suck. Yippee.

That said, I went on my way, and got the thing equipped, damn near gimping myself in the process. Note to new fixers with GA dreams - unless you have it, or are getting it for free, or whatnot, it's probably not worth it. Using my 20-20 hindsight, I would say that had I known what I know in the first 60 levels of my fixer's life, I probably would have been just as happy rolling through the low level stuff with regular armors.

Oh, and I went and got the Gamma Ejector, the same way the new gold record selling rapper has to go pick up a Bentley. Yay for me. I'm now a cookie cutter fixer!

Okay, so to the question: I have zero intention of trying to acquire/equip GAII, III, or IV. That being said, what would you say the effective lifespan of GAI and a GE on a Solitus fixer would be? I'm currently lvl 59. I could probably work out the numbers myself except for two things - I haven't quite got a handle on how the AddAllDef of GAI affects things, and where the high evade/low AC begins to be compromised vs the regular evade/high AC of something like CDS, nor have I been able to really find a concrete answer on when something like a high lvl Manex or MCS will begin to outdmg a GE, taking into account my (hopefully) ever rising SMG/MG and Burst skills.

I'd like to know, since I currently still use a wrangle or infuses to cast GAI, and wonder if putting the IP into being able to self-cast will be worth it if I'm just going to need new armor in the next 10-20 lvls, in which case that IP can defenitely be spent better elsewhere.

So there's the $64,000 question. Feel free to add any helpful posts. Comments like "Ppl who roll GA fixers suck" are expected, but you get no points for them, and there won't be any lovely parting gifts either.

Most people say GAI lasts up to about level 80, of you squeeze it dry. I happened to get a really cheap GAI disk and decided to roll another fixer because my fixer is 73 already, and could easily get into GAII, and maybe even III if I tried. The thing is that if you plan to use GA as a leveling item, you use it up really fast, because you level really fast. If I haden't come accross this cheap disk, I would have waited until like 140ish and tried to get GAIV for PvM up to 200, then PvP.

Originally posted by Papa Biznot
    Most people say GAI lasts up to about level 80, of you squeeze it dry. I happened to get a really cheap GAI disk and decided to roll another fixer because my fixer is 73 already, and could easily get into GAII, and maybe even III if I tried. The thing is that if you plan to use GA as a leveling item, you use it up really fast, because you level really fast. If I haden't come accross this cheap disk, I would have waited until like 140ish and tried to get GAIV for PvM up to 200, then PvP.
    I agree with most of what you say here...only thing i think is i dont think that you can squeeze out Grid Armor 1 to level 80...its not even that good! even at lower levels....You would die way too much after about level 60 of using Grid Armor1 probably that you would lose the will to use it....so squeezing it out to level 80 is probably highly doubtable...also...do not underentimate the power of Grid Armors MK2-4 Tofu R...they are way out of GA1's league....i know many people who are level 190+ and still use GA2 and say it works like a miracle(that is at PvM...dont walk 5 miles close to a PvP zone in GA2 at level 190). As for the Gamma Ejector, i found myself finding a better gun to use around 60ish, like a MCS or if your ranged init is goo enough and you can find one, a Manex!
    Chairman of the Kenley Criminal Syndicate..

Manex cant be good at level 60. Use gamma up to 75 at least. after that go Sol Chironis with crit scop. After 100 go MCS. The only good manex that worth it is manex december.

first things first, i'm a fixer not one of those rolled ones just for ga.

ok i admit i started loving the fixer after i got bored of running around with me lvl 60 enf (who's now 65ish) so run buffs and green run speed + evacs were fantastic. i decided to get ga, flat out bought it after saving for a long while (and a long time of looking for it) i used ga1 till about 92ish or so, where i found it still worked great at hitting 120ish mobs. i bought ga2 and realised it was good. in fact.. much better! so unless u can afford/lucky to find one, stick with ga1 till around 90ish where u can either go with cds or ga2/3/4

for guns, i got in a 170 mcs at lvl 75. which r0x btw, but don't go manex till around 110ish, where u can get ur ranged init high enough to utilise the speed.. (if u are using ga2/3/4 u can go full add :P ) cos, if not, stick with a ql200 mcs. and get a tim scope. helps ALOT 180 RI aint no joke ;p
    LOOK. IM EDITING *EDIT* *EDIT* *EDIT *EDIT* ----- did you see this before when you first refreshed????? no...
    does it have the edit flag on it?.... no

Demmy's 2 cents here...

At level 80:

- GA I okay (self-cast, of course). Works well on 50% mishes. 75%: depends on mobs (beware of chain-nukes). 100%: ouch. Knowing how to kite is primordial in that case. (Or am I just a complete gimp?)

- GE: Still able to pull out decent damage against human mobs. Begins to suck real bad against non-human mobs sometimes. Time to get into a 140/160 MCS (or any other gun that may be good).
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

GAI lasts up to ql90 mobs, after that, the mobs start hitting you a lot more often than below ql90. The amount of IP you have to spend to equip GA is hardly worth it until about 130 when GAIII and GAIV shine. A Gamma Ejector lasts up to level 75 or so. After that, switch to a good ql Kerans or Sol Chironis. After about lvl 100 with a TIM scope, switch to an MCS till you break 1k Ranged Init and then you can jump into a Manex.

If your going to PvP, I suggest otherwise, I've proven to quite a few people that spending 30mil+ on their new GA twink fixer was a huge waste of credits when you fight someone who knows what GA is all about(um... me). The death toll is at 12 GA fixer twinks at NW battles and the arena's with very little trouble from a twink of my own.

Otherwise, Good luck with your fixer and enjoy the profession.
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

First off, yes, I hate rolled GA Fixers. If you don't believe me, search my name and check my posts lately. Second, yes, I do use GAI (lvl63) and it sucks major as an IP sink.

Now, to what you asked.

Your GE should be decent until about lvl 80 or so, from what I've been told although I'm looking to get into a QL145 MCS already, at which point you should go something other than Manex. There isn't really a specific but the fire rates and recharge on burst differ from gun to gun. It is all pretty much how you want the gun to work, not what others want you to use.

That's all. See, I can be nice to a rolled GA Fixer.
    Support the Social Aspects!!

I'm not a b!tch, I just don't like your opinion.

Originally posted by Suricia
    First off, yes, I hate rolled GA Fixers. If you don't believe me, search my name and check my posts lately. Second, yes, I do use GAI (lvl63) and it sucks major as an IP sink.

Now, to what you asked.

Your GE should be decent until about lvl 80 or so, from what I've been told although I'm looking to get into a QL145 MCS already, at which point you should go something other than Manex. There isn't really a specific but the fire rates and recharge on burst differ from gun to gun. It is all pretty much how you want the gun to work, not what others want you to use.

That's all. See, I can be nice to a rolled GA Fixer.
    wow the nicest responce i have seen from u in a while.
    SOMEONE MUST HAVE GOTTEN SOME LAST NIGHT
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

Oh hush Tasker.

Originally posted by Suricia
    Oh hush Tasker.
    I hacked into her panties, from there I exploited her systems and finally caused her to crash.

ARRRR!!! The pirate hath struck again!
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

Originally posted by WIGZ

I hacked into her panties, from there I exploited her systems and finally caused her to crash.

ARRRR!!! The pirate hath struck again!
    lmao