Thread: Subway twink advice plz

Subway twink advice plz

I've started a fixer to twink specifically built for the Subway. I'm hoping to be able to take out the final boss alone but I highly doubt I'll be able to do it. (But I have to try.) I've searched the fixer forums and have found some good data but I could still use some expert advice.

The fixer is Opifex for the added Agility necessary for twinking. I'm planning on being into ql 70 stepping implants (Agility and Treatment) and get into ql 90 implants on the rest at lvl 24.

Code:
    Agility starts at 15 + (24 * 3) = 87
    Plus Feline's Grace and boost 87 + 25 +12 = 124
    Tsak rifle and Nova Dillon Armor should be able to get 
    my Agility to 144 which is the req for ql 70.

QL 70 adds 45 or so to abilities (triple implanted) so I 
    should be able to step into 90s which require 144 in 
    the base ability.

Treatment really shouldn't be much of a problem at the 
    lower levels with the med suit, expertise, and surgery 
    clinic (+198 total)
    I'm planning on using a Kerans SMG at this point. I'm using one now and love the speed and fast burst recharge. Is there a better gun to use? I'd really like a super-fast burst recharge. Does a high burst skill recharge it faster like Aimed Shot does?

I'm planning on implanting for super-high Evade-Clsc and using good roots and snares to keep that big-bad monster away from me. In addition, I want to obtain a very high First Aid skill to keep my health and nano recharged. I'll obviously use the best HOTs available to assist in the health department.

That's pretty much my plan at this point. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas? I'll try to keep posting about my progress if peeps are interested. I've already successfully gotten my lvl 58 agent into a QL 200 cat and I'm also working on an MP twink for the Temple. (Basically I'm super-bored with high level stuff now until the Inner Sanctum is released.) Thanks in advanced for any help.
    Last edited by DizzyDean; May 29th, 2003 at 17:33:08.

SHIELDS UP!! RED ALERT!!

SET FLAME RETARDERS ON DEFLECT!!

A-OOOO-GA!! A-OOOO-GA!!
    Skeena - Omni Fixer RK2 [SETUP]
    Mctrout - Omni Doctor RK2 [SETUP]
    Kaarp - Omni Enforcer RK2

86% Explorer - 53% Socializer - 46% Achiever - 13% Killer

Originally posted by Skeena
    SHIELDS UP!! RED ALERT!!

SET FLAME RETARDERS ON DEFLECT!!

A-OOOO-GA!! A-OOOO-GA!!

Thanks for your expert advice, teh phixr xpert. Anyone else?
    Last edited by DizzyDean; May 29th, 2003 at 17:43:58.

It's a joke, DizzyDean. In recent months, posts that request a detailed recipe for twinking their fixer alt have gone down in a blazing inferno of flamey goodness.

What you are asking for is a step-by-step guide to a complex problem that requires a great deal of time and research to accomplish. You really need to do the math yourself and find out what is and isn't achieveable, based on the goals you have set.

Let me suggest that you continue your research, prepare a plan of action and then post it here for comments. Many of us would be happy to provide input on specific questions but no one is going to write a detailed twinking guide for you. Best of luck.

If you actually read my post (specifially the last paragraph on the inital post), you would know that I have a LOT of experience twinking. I don't need help with the math. (I'm an electrical engineer and programmer.) All I'm looking for is good sound advice on a good Gun at that level and any other Tips specific to fixers that I am not familiar with. I already explained a lot of plans with my fixer and I have already put a good deal of time into it.

I agree that most posts are of the variety "please build me a cool character so that I don't have to do any work". Be assured that this post is anything but that.

You want specific, here you go.

Is there any better gun than the Kerans at low level with a fast burst recharge? I was looking at the Gamma Ejector but the level requirement will screw me up there.

I'm looking at Fixer armor, specifically the Padded Love armor. Is that stuff ok compared to regular armor?

Anyone else have experience trying to solo the Subway boss?

General advice is always welcome.

If anyone else has any questions on twinking, please feel free to ask me.
    Last edited by DizzyDean; May 29th, 2003 at 18:04:50.

1. Sol Chironis hits harder if you scope it and plan on fighting at fullagg, but the burst recharge is considerably slower than the Kerans. Kerans with a TIM scope is a better option, especially if fighting at fulldef. MPS/MCS will be agonizingly slow at your level (fullagg or fulldef) but is has by far the fastest burstrecycle. Burst skill does reduce burstrecycle but you will not see a noticable difference at low levels (much like RI).

2. Padded love is terrible. CDS is preferable but only drops as low as 60-70. You may not be able to wear it non-OE unless you leave your sens/agi clusters in. Otherwise, do what everyone else does and use CAS or other str/sta for maximum twinking.

3. No advice.

TYVM, Skeena! That's the exact kind of stuff I'm looking for. It took a bit to get it out of ya though.

So, Kerans is not a bad idea. That's good. I'll probably be able to get into a pretty decent quality level gun with the good implants and a little wrangle. The TIM scope will definately be impossible for me to get on at lvl 24 though.

Ok, so no padded armor. CDS is definately too high at ql 60. That'll never happen. Then I'll go with some other non-fixer specific armor then. Thanks for the great advice on that matter.

I may post my implant setup when I'm done tweaking it in a few days.

I'm not sure how high evade implants you can get in, they collide with your agility stepping implants.
    Most twinks go with Str/stamina implants since those are easier to buff into.
    As for a gun you might want to look into light suppressors or Sleekmasters.
    You'd need to spend IP on Ranged Energy and multi-ranged.
    You'd get very fast damage with those so watch out for damage shields.

With severly twinked evade implants and maxed evades most mobs should miss you at least 50% of the time.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Dizzy, why didn't you just ask me ingame? My forum name is the same as the char in your org, foo. :P I'll be on Griffun today if you need any advice.
    Last edited by Dhaisim; May 29th, 2003 at 19:10:08.
    Depel "Dhaisim" Kull - male Opifex Fixer level 190
    Kane "Kaiser" Kurama - male Opifex Shade level 1

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
    - Andrew Welch, founder of Ambrosia Software
    (www.ambrosiasw.com)

i didn't SEE the word GA, but i ASSUME that that's your plan. otherwise, the last boss will probably own you.

i soloed him with the crat with only significant difficulty, but i had a red bot, and two charmed pets. and nukes. and calms.

so, if you're going to solo him without GAI, i don't know if you'll be able to swing it.

edit: this is what happens when you start a reply, then head off to lunch before finishing it.... sorry that the continuity doesn't flow.
    Last edited by eahii; May 29th, 2003 at 19:30:11.

Woohoo, the advice is rolling in now.

Dhaisim, if I go to you for advice, I'd have to admit that Fixers are cooler than MA's. And we can't have that now, can we. (I may talk to you in game soon.)

GA is not part of the plan at this point. I highly doubt that a lvl 24 fixer could use it and I'm really not willing to pay ****loads of creds for it. Then again, would it be possible? Grats on soloing the boss with the crat, very impressive.

I have found that STR/STA is very difficult to base implants with. It's much easier to base implants on Agility. However, I do agree that you can get a lot more of out those abilities via Essence, Iron Circle, boosts, and pillows. I've only barely started my implant scheme based on Agility. I may have to reroll a 'Trox if I go with STR/STA. We'll see. I'm really growing attached to my opi fixer already.

I'd definitly go with Trox just for lvl 24 twink in subway (for hp advantage). Curve Imps to stamina which is buffable 75? I went in at lvl 20 opi fixer with ql 70 imps, 120ish ncu, 65 MCS I think and basically got smacked. I didn't have too much in the way of outside hots though. Problem is the adds he spawns.

My soldier buddy soloed at lvl 24. He was basically buffed to the sky though which makes you annoying to high lvls. Behemoth, Dr Hack N Quack, GSF and a small lend nano I think. Sprinted down, killed, looted, died.

200 caterwaul non-OE at lvl 58? Did you have to FP trader all the time to keep it non-oe or somethin?
    Last edited by Porvfix; May 29th, 2003 at 19:58:50.

Non-OE! Haha, I never said that.

I'm running my agent at lvl 60 now and I've gotten the 200 caterwual up to 75% effective with self-only buffs (567 Rifle). I could get it to 100% effective if I FP'd Trader and ran drains but the slow nano init is just annoying as ****. I have the TIM scope, 2 Bracelets of Amplified Sound, full set (minus helmet) of Shadowfade armor, ql 125/150 implants, and a ransacking tower around ql 80. Crits are around 1300 and Aimed Shots go anywhere up to 5000ish but mostly around 1-2k. I'm trying like crazy to get Rookie now.

Now you guys have me thinking more seriously about a 'Trox fixer, especially Anjeklia's experience with the bad-dude himself with her opi fixer.

If you stay Opi, your best bet for armor will probably be Obtru, though it might be tough to find at a low enough ql. I believe it doesn't start showing up on the mish terms till about q60 or 70.

If you go Trox, organic/graft all the way.

I think GA1 is do-able at 24.... I got mine on at 27... I could have gotten it on a lot sooner but I was to lazy

after the wrangle and mochies wear off I'm at 50% effective though :/

small update

Picked up a set of Carbonum armor around ql 50. Probably paid way too much for it. The stamina requirement is pretty high but I should be able to manage it. It would be better for Atrox then Opifex.

Got my fixer up to 20 last night. I'm not going to bother with upgrading anything until I hit 24. Went with a small group to the boss-man and one of the crats mind-controlled him. It was friggin' hilarious...that is until he broke the mind-control and killed most of the party. I ran like crazy since I was close to ding and pulled/trained a bunch of mobs up the stairs. I was shouting "TRAIN ... TRAIN....WOO WOO!! CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA CHOO CHOO!!!!" Good thing I have over 200 run speed already.

[edit]
    One more thing I forgot to comment on. It sucks that there are a few nanos that have a level requirement of 25 but the subway has a level limit of 24. Suppresor and the first NCU buff are the two I'm thinking of.
    [/edit]
    Last edited by DizzyDean; May 30th, 2003 at 13:25:28.

that's probably no accident, because i think there are a LOT of buffs that came out at about the same time as the subway with similar level reqs.