Thread: Cloaks, Textures, and Time Constraints

Cloaks, Textures, and Time Constraints

New cloaks - lovely, everyone agrees.

New cloaks textures - puke, everyone agrees.

Hurridly rushed in. Blah. We appreciate it, but we'd also appreciate not looking stupid.

So why not release the texture format information, so players can design textures and submit them, either via contests, a regular submit form, or what have you?

Sure, you'd get a lot of crappy ones, but some good ones would really help, lay the groundwork for guild uniforms, and save you time...
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Bump, because I KNOW you want it.

Yes me to. Rite now you have players helping with Teck support why not help them graphic design. The reason they look so bad rite now is bc they have old skins bc you didnt have time to make new ones. So have the players make them for you this way players are helping more in the game and saves you time bc you dont have to make new skins later on and they dont suck in the first place

enjoy

the cloaks are ugly;
    like something out of a bad medieval fantasy themed game. :P
    they just dont look right in the futuristic AO environment

couldnt you just take the black trenchcoat form and alter the texture instead?

Originally posted by Scumbug
    couldnt you just take the black trenchcoat form and alter the texture instead?
    PLEASE do this, FC...

I dont think people would mind a green or red trenchcoat as much..?

and if you're making some new colored textures,
    maybe throw on an ICC logo as well..

Well, really, ANYTHING bu the trash bags they are now...

Everyone else does it, so I will, too.

*ba-bump*

bump!
    Allowing players to design clothes textures would be so cool.
    it would give me something to do at work aswell

they would have to put something to the effect of, 'any clothes designed are the property of funcom', though on the tool. just so someone doesnt design something and demand money for their 'creation'.
    but that kind of thing can be worked around.

I wanna design clothes!!

... and cars... and missions... and....

I don't think that any loss of intellectual property rights would stop anyone. I mean, look at the Sims... computer games don't generally care, unless they are hardcore designers. Which we aren't. :-p Fame and fortune are much more important.

Talking Indeed, go have a look at the sims fansites

There are tons of really talented people out there, who do fantastic work on things like this. You could easily come up with tons of fantastic skins to chose from for your already existing meshes, by people submitting them to you.

Put a submission form up, that covers all legal conditions, and let people send things in. You could even make it sort of a contest, that if a player created skin is chosen, one of their characters gets the item given to them as a reward (one character, selected via email or something)

People love customizing games, and seeing something of their own design make it into a game is a wonderful thing. Save up a few designs, and toss them into the content patches. The real fashion world follows a schedule, why not the AO one too?

You guys would have complete control over things going into the game, making sure everything works properly and suits the game.
    I can't see any reason to not do this, other than detracting resources needed elsewhere, but hey, if you have any people to spare, put em on it.

Exclamation BUMP

This needs to be done!
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

Bump