Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Jynne Guide to Auto-Attack

Aha. So this means that (for weapon init less than 1200)

Chargeup_time = Weapon_nominal_chargeup - (Weapon_Init / 600) + AggDefSlider_factor

and

Recover_time = Weapon_nominal_recover - (Weapon_Init / 300) + AggDefSlider_factor

where AggDefSlider_factor can range from -0.25 (at full Agg) to 1.75 (at full Def).

The end result is subject to caps (1/1 general and weapons may have their own individual caps).

By the way, is AggDef slider linear? At 50% is the factor 0.75 seconds? Also, was anything clarified with regard to 0% and 100% being magic numbers, noticeably different from 1% and 99% respectively?

There are contradictory reports about the agg/def slider. I don't have the time to test everything that is missing or unconfirmed myself... or rather, if I took the time to, it would soak up a week or two worth of my ingame time on it, and I have other things to do with that time
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Thank you ... essential reading.
    ~ May your lily pond be always deep and your bamboo ever strong ~

Fabulous thread necromancy here But a good thread to bring back
    Opifexer - 212+11 GA IV Kingpin (1600+ B&E available)
    Thunderbuff - 211+3 General.....Parrothead - TL6+1 Pistolero
    Atroxecutor - TL5 Enforcer..........GregHouseMD - TL4+2 Combat Medic

Jimmy Buffett quote of the moment:
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher
    Fabulous thread necromancy here But a good thread to bring back
    There is no such thing as thread necromancy when it comes to a Jynne guide (unless, perhaps, it's Jynne's Guide to the AO Beta).
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

Nice work Jynne
    Bori

Unity of the Rose
    http://www.unityoftherose.com/

Want to make your own custom script but the thought of all that work makes your eyes bleed ? Try our AO Scripter.
    http://uorweb.com/tools/aoscripter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Jynne
    3. Hit or Miss? After the attack time is met, if you are in range, the game calculates if you hit or miss your target.
    4. Critical Hit? If you hit, the game rolls your critical hit chance.
    Wondering about the order of these two, has this been confirmed some way, by testing or FC? I'm thinking it could also be done in reverse order which would result in a slightly lower crit chance. If it goes in the order you describe your base crit chance as determined by modifiers, attack rating and opponent's defense rating would be the same as your actual crit rate. But if the order is reversed your eventual crit rate would be {Crit Chance} * {Chance to Hit} which especially against a high evade mob like a Jack Legchopper Clone (to name one ) might make quite a difference. It's basically the difference between scoring a number of crits equal to a percentage of your hits, or equal to a percentage of your attacks.

Was thinking up ways to test it but it isn't easy without knowing for sure if AR/{Def Rating} results in a linear scale for crit chance. If it did it could be tested by shooting at the same mob a lot of time with different AR's and looking to see if the crit score on them was linear over different AR's (which would suggest your order) or reversed exponential (indicating reversed order). If AR/{Def Rating} vs. Crit chance is not linear it gets tough though.

It's a bit late, not sure if I did my math correctly.

perhaps a bit of bumbage is in order (even if it slightly smells of necromancy=)

excellent info still for new comers to ao
    Timmon
    ======
    195 crat Assurnasirpa equipment & perks | 102 NT Ashurdan | 84 MP Sennacherib
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Explorer 93% ******** Achiever 46% ******** Socializer 33% ******* Killer 26%

Nice post
    Talmahera Adventurer, ACF Resistance 220/30 ¤ Gallya Engi 220/30 ¤ Amaruka Enfo 220/27 ¤ Lemulet Crat 220/23 ¤ Maherann Adv 200/24 ¤ Maheyem NT 165/23 ¤ Dunann Fixer 150/20 ¤ Conann Enfo 60/6

Quote Originally Posted by Moscatinka
    Wondering about the order of these two, has this been confirmed some way, by testing or FC? I'm thinking it could also be done in reverse order which would result in a slightly lower crit chance. If it goes in the order you describe your base crit chance as determined by modifiers, attack rating and opponent's defense rating would be the same as your actual crit rate. But if the order is reversed your eventual crit rate would be {Crit Chance} * {Chance to Hit} which especially against a high evade mob like a Jack Legchopper Clone (to name one ) might make quite a difference. It's basically the difference between scoring a number of crits equal to a percentage of your hits, or equal to a percentage of your attacks.

Was thinking up ways to test it but it isn't easy without knowing for sure if AR/{Def Rating} results in a linear scale for crit chance. If it did it could be tested by shooting at the same mob a lot of time with different AR's and looking to see if the crit score on them was linear over different AR's (which would suggest your order) or reversed exponential (indicating reversed order). If AR/{Def Rating} vs. Crit chance is not linear it gets tough though.

It's a bit late, not sure if I did my math correctly.
    I'm pretty certain that it does not roll for a crit before deciding if you hit or miss. If it did, MAs would perform substantially better than they do against extreme high-evades targets like the mercs.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Well deserved bump, still not stickied 0.o
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Just need to add:
    1. blockers
    2. reflects
    3. damage shields
    4. absorbs
    5. 50% damage reduction for pvp.
    6. 40% cap in pvp.
    7. Caps on damage
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Too bad Jynne IronHand quit the game :>
    Oriana Gwenneth Pendragon - 213/14 Keeper, Advisor of Unity Of The Rose (eqp)

Benreddik Oilshake Fyfasan - 208/10 Trader, Veteran of Unity Of The Rose (eqp)

Talking

Does any increase to your AR apply to all of your attacks?

Equip an NT with dual pistols, AR goes up.

Cast pistol expertise on NT, AR goes up more.

Will the NT's nukes now do more damage?

The formula shown here seems to imply that any damage buff counts in inreasing AR and any increase to AR will benefit all combat attacks regardless of method, weapon, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by babaoroody View Post
    Does any increase to your AR apply to all of your attacks?
    All weapon based attacks.

Equip an NT with dual pistols, AR goes up.

Cast pistol expertise on NT, AR goes up more.

Will the NT's nukes now do more damage?
    Nano formulae are handled differently. They attack for how much it says in their description, and whether they land or not is based on a defense check against the nano resist stat, typically using the nano skill used to cast to attack.

Having more of the required nano skill won't increase the damage from the nano, but it will increase the likelyhood of the nano landing. For increases in nano damage, there's gear that adds a % modifier to nano damage dealt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Smile

Thanks, sometime I will get it through my thick skull that NT nanos are not treated as 'weapons'.

That saves my NT from wasting ncu on pistol buffs.

More NCU for more productive NT bufffs, like runspeed, ect. or the gear...

Thanks, :-)

Wink AR or attack skill?

hi i was just wondering, does damage multiplier on AR increase actually depend on Attack Rating or your attack skill?

One time i was in an inferno mission on my enforcer and i was constantly watching my damage. I casted nano Might Challenger to Behemoth, but only noticed a damage add of 80. This nano adds 80 dmg and 252 Attack Rating(said offense modifier as read on auno.org) anyone know of this for sure? id like to know if that 1500 AR from mongo rage is just gonna increase my chance of hitting or actually give me an extra 1k dmg per hit for 10 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenfoshots View Post
    hi i was just wondering, does damage multiplier on AR increase actually depend on Attack Rating or your attack skill?

One time i was in an inferno mission on my enforcer and i was constantly watching my damage. I casted nano Might Challenger to Behemoth, but only noticed a damage add of 80. This nano adds 80 dmg and 252 Attack Rating(said offense modifier as read on auno.org) anyone know of this for sure? id like to know if that 1500 AR from mongo rage is just gonna increase my chance of hitting or actually give me an extra 1k dmg per hit for 10 seconds
    The original post mentions the Maximum Beneficial Skill that came out at SL launch: if your attack rating goes past your weapon's MBS then you will gain no damage from extra AR.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345