Thread: Okay, what to do with this GA disc?

Okay, what to do with this GA disc?

Hello all!

So I was killing time by running a quick and dirty mission the other day and stumbled across a GA1 disc. I was pretty elated at the time (my finacee is a fixer), but now I have a decision to make.

I've tried to read about the pros/cons of GA as much as I can so hopefully the following question isn't too newbish.

Do I try to get it equipped on her, or do we sell it for big cash money(with her blessing of course)?

A few points I'm trying to consider:

1) I'm an enforcer. Typically we just duo and I usually have aggro. While we could change our playstyle just for the GA, it would mean a pretty significant change.

2) GA won't work in the new expansion

3) She's already level 63 so I'm not sure how much longer GA1 will be worthwhile.

4) Currently she has nothing in MC, so we'd need to do some work to get it on. I.e. get a bunch of new implants, etc. My alt is a baby MP, I can't cast mochams but I can cast the +50 to skills buff so it shouldn't be too bad to get it on.

5) We're relatively new characters (about three weeks old) but my account is old enough I had a pioneer's bp waiting for me when I reactivated. I sold it for 17.5m and bought two yalms and have a few million creds left over. So more money is nice, but we aren't hurting for cash either.

So - in my particular situation, is GA1 worthwhile? Or has it already outlived it's usefullness and I'd do better just selling the crystal to someone who has played for quite some time? I think the major question is how long is GA1 useful for. If she'd need to switch back to normal armor within 10 levels it may be better just to sell it.

BTW, I'm sure I'll be asked this - I found it in a box in a solo mission. Not a chest, a box. One of those little cardboard boxes you see in the missions and are typically empty. Can't remember what difficulty I had the mission on, but it was somewhere around 57-62.

Thoughts?
    Ruviz

Sell it, it sounds like you could definately use the credits, and if you guys plan on leveling past 100, the armor will become useless in Rubi-Ka as well as the shadowlands. Hopefully, the credits will allow you to buy something you both really want in Jobe or on Rubi-Ka once the expansion comes out.
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

Thanks for the reply.

Can anyone give me an indication of how long GA would be useful for if I did not sell the disc? I need to have as much info as possible if I'm to convince my fiancee that selling it is a better option for us.

At her current level with just a little work in nano skills, and mochies and wrangle. she could prolly get on GA2 no problem.

Sell the GA 1 is your best option.

The fact is GA3 isnt far from GA2 in requirements.

I used ga1 upto lvl 100, where it didn't do anything and I died in a couple of hits, so I would say you can get GA1 working well upto around lvl 90.

Um, I'm pretty sure you can still use GA while on Rubi-Ka.

He means that she will out grow it.
    Stromm - Stop it with the PvP damage nerf whining. AO doesn't need the Geneva Convention.

<3 <3 <3, fap?

I found me GA1. I sold it without looking back. Got enough money to buy a GAII (odd story) with a bit left over. I painted my yalm and was rollin in it for awhile. GA2 is much better than 1 and lasts much longer. GA1 can go out pretty much anytime before 100. After that it has no use. And I see no reason for her to use GA at all if she just duos with you. With you tanking I can't think of a reason why she would need that adequate of protection.

Re: Okay, what to do with this GA disc?

Originally posted by Ruviz
    2) GA won't work in the new expansion
    Umm... GA just won't work in Shadowlands, but everywhere else, it will.

yea i would sell it and save for ga2 or ga3, which i use now. prices have realy dropped, so u can get ga2 for around 100m or 3 for around 200m, unfortunatly for you, you will only get around 45m for ga1.
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

Re: Re: Okay, what to do with this GA disc?

Originally posted by Phixo

Umm... GA just won't work in Shadowlands, but everywhere else, it will.
    Yeah, that's what I meant by 'in the new expansion'...I meant 'in the new expansion areas'. I wasn't clear enough, I guess, but it would still mean that the areas you can use GA in are reduced from 100% of the areas to 50% (Assuming shadowlands is the same size as Rubi Ka).

As for the price of GA1, on Rk2 it seems to be much, much cheaper than the prices posted here (and they've been dropping quickly since the SL info came out). GA1 seems to be selling for between 15 and 20 million on the RK2 boards.

Sell it while you can still get a good amount of credits for it.
    GAI does not last long at all, maybe level 90'ish mobs are the high end of its defensive rating. PVP wise, GAI loses any of its glory once the attacker reaches 400+ Attack Rating.

The Shadow Lands will be about the same size as Rubi-Ka, so GA would only be useful in 50% of the zones in the game. To further prove my point, I've moved on from GA and started up getting better normal armor and I enjoy the game a lot more now without GA.
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

Cool

Ok So I'm probably the only fixer that is lvl 122 and still using GA1 (Please dont flame me... I know goto GA3 or 4 or just CDS). I cant afford GA2 let alone 3 or 4 and finding it isnt that easy . But what I have found is that I still, at lvl 122 can tank with the best of them. I have been using it since lvl 50ish and love it. (Damn 70+ lvls out of GA1 isnt to shabby). Sure when I get hit I get hit HARD. But I have been keeping my evades ranged and clsc as high as possible and have some implants in to add a little more. So at lvl 122 I have evades up around 700. Most of the time mobs miss me (even lvl 200'ish). So up to you. Its fun to play a GA fixer. Ga is still cool. Also keep in mind that GA prices have dropped A LOT. GA1 will only sell between 20-30 mil. They arent at the prices they used to be. Any higher the 30 and you're doing well. Once you get into the hundreds you can get upto 30 mil with some work (not too hard. I have about 20mil on me and I earned most of it from items sold from mish's etc) So I would say equip it. Use it and have fun. I was SUPER UBER for a long time with GA1. I could tank with the best of them. You're call. Just my advice.
    P.S. I am now looking into retiring my old GA1 and using CDS as I try to either save up for GA3 or 4 or just wait to see what cool armor they come up with for SL.

-Maxint (RK1)
    lvl 122 Fixer

There are a few brave souls that use GA Mk1 past level 100.
    It takes some nerve and you'll have to be picky about which mobs you take on.
    But remember that after level 100 your evades aren't title-locked anymore.
    I'd say that you can use Mk1 for as long as your evades doesn't get title-capped again. (Around level 125-130)
    Of course you'll have to be on full def.

But since you are an enforcer-fixer duo I'd say it would be much better to sell or trade it for something else.
    Last edited by Kaghelion; May 28th, 2003 at 13:35:20.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.