Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Doctor Guide to Martial Arts

Quote Originally Posted by epolass View Post
    hello there.
    Im a 210 doc, dont know what weapon to use.
    i read this thread, and i will prolly go MA. I dont think im gonna pvp on this toon, or maybe at 220 after i turned bow...

so im interrested by Edoc and her bob's.

using auno, ive made a lil equipement plan : i want ma skill

this plan gives me 621 in Martial arts.
    i can add :
    20 expertise
    60 from Martial Arts Mastery
    152 from a sweet trader.

621+20+60+152 = 853

I have to have 2000-853 = 1147 in MA skill to equip a bob. An i read that at 220, you only get 1134 in ma.

So am i missing something ? did you use towers Edoc ??
    Dont forget trickledown.

You know, with all this positive feedback about MA... I might chuck my stygian in favor of fists
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Nice guide,

i have a lv177 Doc atm using a QL155 JAME Blaster and have been using it since lv120, the damage is great on rubika against 200ish dynas, and i could easily solo an ely heck around 120 in a short amount of time stacking with DoT's. atm im hitting mobs for about 600 each hit on lv220 mobs in pen missions, 1k crits, upto 2k burst and 1k flingshot, added with dots the damage is not bad at all considering my attacking rating is only 850ish self buffed. I'm still deciding on weapons to use after JAME such as a Kyr'Ozch Carbine Type 5 (same skills used as a JAME Blaster), Type 1 + Type 4 Kyr'ozch pistols, Kyr'ozch Axes Type 240 or Gelid Blades of Innobak.

I have made around 4 Martial Artists and one of them is lv140 for AI raiding, out of all these characters i have found the advantages and disadvantages of using MA, i ran a damage dumper on a raid as a test, and 68% of my MA's damage was from critical hits alone, so going MA doc without a decent critical hit chance is not recommended seeming as fists more then tripple the dmg when you crit, my 140 MA would suck in damage if i couldnt crit since with about 1.1k attack rating, normal hits are about 800-1.2k on average.Also a major factor with Martial artists is the fact you can change your damage type to take advantage of a mobs miminal AC where as a doc will always deal Melee damage.

At higher end levels i could see MA skill growing quite strong with the higher attack rating and critical increase items that become available to that level, and those blades of botar seem like a great choice for soloing PVM or even damage in teams.

hope i helped, Wing

Just wanted to update with some thoughts after a good solid run with the new setup.

I've actually decided to stick with just the one BoB and not expand to 2. Let me give you my reasons;

On RK and Aliumz, your fists will OD the BoB by a significant margin, therefore equipping a second BoB will actually lose you damage on RK and Aliumz simply due to lost fist attacks.

In SL the BoB does indeed OD fists, but not on crits, where fists still hit harder, so although normal damage in SL will improve with 2 BoBs, you get less chances at the big fist crits.

MA's have the choice to use 2 BoBs in SL, 1 or no BoBs on RK/Aliumz and just swap it around. Because we don't get that luxury (until I can self 2001 MA.....I'm working on it ) it seems I needed to settle on the best all round setup, and I'm willing to sacrifice a little damage in SL for the gain on Aliumz as I still have further to go on aliumz than in SL and the LE expansion looks Aliumz orientated.

One BoB alone takes you up to 40 attacks per minute, so the second won't actually add any attacks per minute, it will simply reduce the number of fist hits.

Although I went into this project thinking add energy damage was the key, I find myself thinking that it's only part of a greater whole. I use my electro gloves and energy Aruls in SL as the BoBs normal hits are a few hundread higher than fists, but on RK/Aliumz I swap to merc gloves for the extra AR and damage on both BoB and Fists and it scores higher Damage that using the Electro gloves. However, swapping Energy Aruls to Melee aruls seems to lower damage too which is odd, so I found merc gloves plus energy aruls the right setup for RK/Aliumz.

Crit chance is the true key. Just looking at my damage at one session of Notum scourges, and comparing it to a second round with MoP/TTS made an enormous difference, and in the Inf missions where I finish in the top half of the damage table, 38-45% of my damage has been crits. Obviously docs can only push crit chance so far, and min-damage is still as important as ever. I'm contemplating swapping MoR/Barrow strength for GoC/GoC, and I know Pande loot will add to crit, but I think you need to find a balance between min damage and crit chance. too little min damage will kill you if you're not constantly critting, and not enough crit chance means you're not getting the most from the setup.

I DO plan on getting a second BoB, even if it's just for final testing at 220, but for the near future, I'll be sticking with one.

Just thought I'd share in case it helps people considering the same route.

As always, personal opinion only.

Edit, to give an idea of BoB vs Fists.

BoB: 145 - 225 (520)
    Fist: 124 - 621 (582) - Fist damage simulated using Rayne's MA calculator at my current skill.
    Last edited by Siorai; Sep 12th, 2006 at 05:31:44.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Thumbs up question

im an atrox ma doc, is that alright?
    im having troubles keeping the healing up with my health, i dunno if thats good or bad, and i satrted MAing on noob isle, i was doing about 4-5 dmg, did a new patch gimp it somhow? or am i doing somthing wrong?

gj btw

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234