Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Guide to Martial Arts

Great guide!

But is the 'MA' doc still a viable option?

How can find out max dmg I get vs X amount in AC? Im not sure what "Martial Arts Item" I should use when I calculate the dmg.

Example:
    I have 900 in Attack rating, 150 in Initiative, attacking mob with 10k AC (Ely Heck), and has a 15% EELTS crit scope installed. What approx. dmg would I do?

-thx

What's your MA skill? Your attack rating isn't the right measure, the "MA item" QL is based on your MA skill divided by 2.

The MA item you use is the GEN template in the database. If 900 is your MA skill you'd have a ql 450 GEN MA item for your weapon.

As far as damage - the damage you do will be fine against most enemies. You might notice weaker prerformance against hecklers and other super-high AC types than with other weapons that have high min damage. The MA item has good min damage for "pre-SL" standards, but post-SL, it can't compare to the min damage of the weapons that have been added now (JAME, MBC, Kyr'Ozch, etc).

Your crit scope will make a very positive difference though.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

So the MA's are "successful" due to their crits in SL?

Im asking these question cause I found your thread quite interesting regarding a future MA doc

Oh, btw, I have looked up the "Martial Arts Item's" in the aodb & auno, but I find several items at QL500 (simulating a 1000 skill attack dmg). What should I use to simulate my (potential) dmg? I guess this should have been my "most" appropriate" question at first.
    Last edited by Mr_C; Nov 4th, 2004 at 20:12:20.

Ive converted my doc to an MA doc and I like it alot. I have 912 attack rating with a ql 250 VE (8% crit) and about 350 in physical inits. You can get 1/1 in attack speed at level 1 by going full agg; since im a doc I'm always full aggro so its not a problem. I hit adonis hecklers for around 350 damage per hit with frequent critical hits for 1.9k to 2.1k depending on if there is a crat or trader. Its much faster than my maw and damage output will only get better and better as I increase my shadowlevels. When you also throw in the ability to use blessed with thunder your damage output is going to get much bigger, its like a 5th DoT line and it stacks on itself.

What I have also done is equipped a violet zenith taichi temporarily for that extra attack, since I've had around 1.5million ip spare. The sword also runs on physical inits so you dont have to raise melee init as well. The crits on my ql 180 taichi are 800dmg on hecklers and they happen frequently in between my regular MA damage. As I get into the shadowlevels, I will get enough Ma skill to equip my ql 200 Disguised zenith taichi, which is an improved version of the regular taichis. The crit value on it is 300, as well as a higher minimum damage and a 1second attack and sub 1sec recharge which will increase damage output significantly.

It may not be the absolute best option for SL but its very versatile (bow, taichi, fists, ma attacks) and moreover, its fun. Nothing like seeing a constant stream of numbers popping out of a mobs head, almost reminicent of a shade.

Actually sounds semi-viable.

With 202 melee bracers on, wonder what the damage would be with a 1000 attack rating?

Add Mor and knucklebusters..........
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Talking

The MA Doc is definately an awesome choice at the lower levels.
    Upon starting an MA Doc i quickly found that I could take orange mods (even the occasional red) without too much healing whilst easilt out damaging all the other support and nano-oriented classes i have encountered.
    Awesome Guide.
    Thx.

Hope you at least knocked the cob-webs off it before ya necro'd ^^
    歯ブラシ.........
    Chaotic Order *AP*.....
    Durtycalm - 060|05|14 - Crat .| Doctor - 56|16|220 - Durtyheals....
    Gaara - 110|11|28 - Meta .| Keeper - 58|20|220 - Tsuyoi....
    Durtysnipe - 076|08|21 - Agent |. Fixer - 60|18|213 - Durtymeep......

Heyas, dear fellows

There are more and more MA docs in RK, Can You post some dmg result from Martial Artist?
    I use dual pistols now, but dmg comes from DoTs 50-60%...
    I like the high crits and more specials being an MA. pls more info

Maybe compare to other weapons ?

Great Guide btw
    Goodyne - lvl220 / 21 Soli doc on Atlantean ...
    President of Pillanatnyi Elmezavar ( Hungarian Neutral organization )
    and my alt char for DD fun :] Goodd - lvl220/20 Trox Soljah - Dinged to 220 on a Pandemonium raid

Was bored so I went to tank Ado hecks for orgmates:

Nearly-stripped L210 Doc maxed MA Skill.

With QL200 MA Imps, self buffed, and only around +15 dmg from gear,
    Regular hits around 500
    Crits at about 2.5k
    DoTs still do around 70% of total damage though.

I think properly setup TL7 MA Docs can do at least 1k regular and 4k crits on Ado Hecks if they try, but this toon is stripped down to bones and awaiting deletion once I quit AO in 2 days
    To all you Enforcers:
    You are the core of the team. You have an overwhelming presence, such that mobs never dare even look at your doc. In battle, you fall before your teammates do, and even then you alway give a good account of yourself to your foes. By excelling in crowd control, you make yourself a valuable tool to any team. Take a beating with a smile, tank with pride. Be faithful to the Enforcer's Creed: "Hugging reclaim, so that you don't have to."

Author of Fundamentals of Tanking

Emicrisis
    L220/23 Opifex Doctor Emislicer L220/20 Atrox Enforcer Emiphne L220/17 Solitus Shade

Quit game in Sept 07. Have fun, guys

With 1850ish AR I get 1000+ reg hits with Blades of Boltar and 3200+ Crits ... with fists I get 950ish reg hits with up to 5K crits. Using a 240 ql Blessed with thunder for extra dot. Hits many more times then say Pistols .... Ive tested it with a pistol doc. I used to use Pistols and I would never go back personaly. For PVM I dont think there is a better set up for Damage ... but for PVP melee docs kinda sucks roots, ect.

Eunucha 220 doc
    Dotz 200 doc

Quote Originally Posted by Emislicer
    I think properly setup TL7 MA Docs can do at least 1k regular and 4k crits on Ado Hecks if they try, but this toon is stripped down to bones and awaiting deletion once I quit AO in 2 days
    omg can I have your stuff?
    Still waiting for a reason to come back...

Bump
    GoldFish - Riders Of The Lost Org

Quote Originally Posted by Edoc

How is the DMG?

im so stuck with finding a end game weapon for my 220 doc....
    MA/BoB?
    Shootie?
    Pistols?
    Sword of Dust?...
    MBC?...

PvM is most important for me

Just gonna throw my 2p on this thread (at work and bored!)

My lil 135 doc is now tl capped in all the healing stuff, and i've decided to go MA so i can do things solo now. Having capped MA at 782 (with comp buffs), my damage is 166 per hit on ado hecks! RK mobs fair much better, and i was soloing level 180 dyna bosses easily last night. It's certainly not going to get me #1 in the DD ratings, but at least it's a viable (and cheap on creds and ip) way of soloing missions and dynas for cash.

Time to start looking for a decent crit scope, and sink some ip so i can use BwT.

So far, loving the MA.... i can solo mobs that my girlfriends 135 enfo couldn't!

Usual pattern for attacking 180+ mobs goes....

HoT, TAB Q, UBT, DoT A, DoT B, Dot C, Nano Regain Perk, go afk for 1m 30s, CH, then DoT's again if required.
    Butmonkeh 220 Advy
    Wastemeh 150 Shade

Impossable to ever get any numbers in the doc community what weapon setups are best . Trust me I tried.

Eunucha
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus
    PvM is most important for me
    energy ~950 (3,2k)
    melee ~800sl/1,1k rk (2k-4k)
    but only ~1650ar - could be much better

Quote Originally Posted by Edoc
    energy ~950 (3,2k)
    melee ~800sl/1,1k rk (2k-4k)
    but only ~1650ar - could be much better
    Could I see ur setup?

hello there.
    Im a 210 doc, dont know what weapon to use.
    i read this thread, and i will prolly go MA. I dont think im gonna pvp on this toon, or maybe at 220 after i turned bow...

so im interrested by Edoc and her bob's.

using auno, ive made a lil equipement plan : i want ma skill

this plan gives me 621 in Martial arts.
    i can add :
    20 expertise
    60 from Martial Arts Mastery
    152 from a sweet trader.

621+20+60+152 = 853

I have to have 2000-853 = 1147 in MA skill to equip a bob. An i read that at 220, you only get 1134 in ma.

So am i missing something ? did you use towers Edoc ??

Quote Originally Posted by epolass View Post
    So am i missing something ?
    The stickies, the search button, take your pick....
    Equipping Blades of Boltar on a Doc
    Leisel "Kelama" Feive -- Unit Member of Omni-Pol -- Equip

Making stuff up since 1959

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast