Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MA Items you'd like.

How about shurikens to go with that broken throwing weapons skill? Or I think someone recomended nunchaku. I also think bolas and warami's would be cool.:0

Anyone posted this on the Suggestion boards yet?
    Zedton- Gimp and Squishy Fixah!
    Ahurt- MA that only learnt about a place called Shadowlands
    Aheat- Tower Defence NT
    Spiritninja- n00b Shade exploring SL!
    Spiritkeep- 30 Keeper crying for Stygian and Frost Scythe

Put up my banner/flag idea on the suggestions forum

Put up my banner/flag idea on the suggestions forum.

plz take the time to go there and comment/bump the idea

=D

- Love khane
    Khane - Omni is the path to Stellar harmony
    K.H.A.N.E.: Knight Hardwired for Assassination and Nocturnal Exploration

Exclamation

this is on the suggestion forums... please bumb this thread:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hreadid=133671
    just call me the idea monkey

WTB this mesh for my MA tier armor

Docs BM/MM Compilation

Originally posted by Jynne
    Maybe that can be an ad campaign: "AO - like methadone for slots junkies"?

*bump*

here and there
    Do you like metal music? Check out my music!
    Cyclophenia MySpace
    Cyclophenia Website

Originally posted by LtBurlap
    Parry buff/debuff nano line
    Dodge like a brick

ok, i thought about how this one would work. have 3 nanos from ql 100ish to 200 with appropirate PM and SI reqs. target gets a huge debuff to evades and parry while the caster gets a debuff to init (takes longer to attack when you are concentrating on your opponents movements) the higher lvl nanos would have the same phys init debuff but larger evades/parry debuff and last longer (first one would last 2 min, last one maybe 2:30). make the init debuff a hostile ofcourse. This would be a non-False Proffession nano (sorry agents), maybe even have a MA requirement in addition to the PM and SI.

Sample of the text i was thinking of:
    With years of practice the Martial Artist can antisipate the reactions of his/her opponent to such a degree that they can aim their attacks to where their opponents will be rather then where they are now. This takes a fair bit of concentration and more carefully placed attacks to pull off.
    Last edited by LtBurlap; May 26th, 2003 at 16:01:31.

Docs BM/MM Compilation

i seem to be comeing up mostly with nanos

I was trying to think of another nice long term buff that would could give others that would actually be usefull and i came up with a line of nanos that uses SI/PM or SI/BM that boosts your attack rating and lasts for 30 min (call it Eye of the Eagle, Eye of the Cat, Eye of the Dragon or something along that line) Basicly the rational is that the nano greatly inproves the optic processing in the brain to the extent that the target finds it easy to hit their opponents.

I would put stats in, but its really late and i got almost no sleep last night, i may come back to this later.

Docs BM/MM Compilation

Flags

I second the "samurai flags" idea. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that in an on-line game. Also, I need new shoulderpads... And there's a definite lack of variety in the shoulder-slot equipment I can choose from.

Parry Debuff

I like this idea, too. If done well, it could solve one of the worst problems in high-end PvM, but it wouldn't necessarily be overpowered.

Animations/Attacks

As for new animations, why not use the animal styles? We already have a "Snake" attack. But wait! There's more! Some other animal styles include Tiger, Leopard, Dragon, Crane, Eagle, Monkey, Elephant, Dog, Preying Mantis, Centipede, etc. You could also make styles based on AO creatures. Charge of the Rhinoman, Peck of the Reet, etc. But you'd have to make up new names. Those sound silly.

Tiger would hit the hardest. At the mid-levels, where I am now, I could use a Snake/Bird style that actually did as much damage as my regular fists. Leopard and Monkey are visually appealing, and would be good choices for "default" animations to make us look more interesting. Dragon styles could do less damage, but give a short-duration evade/defense bonus (or penalty to enemies). Crane is all about balance and keeping your opponent off-balance, so perhaps it could have a chance of breaking bad nanos (or, at the risk of being way overpowered, transferring them back to your opponent). Etc. Note that this has nothing to do with the little I know of these styles in real life, but we're not talking about real life, are we? No? Good.

I couldn't find any decent reference art on the internet, so anyone at Funcom that wants to make these will have to buy a book or video. In fact, I couldn't find helpful information of any kind on the martial arts. All I got were "Secrets of Qi Gong Life Extension!" and "Buy Your Ninja Suits and Wooden Men Here!" and "Our Dojo Teaches the Coolest of the Cool!" and "My Sensei Was (Famous Person) Neener-Neener!" sites.

Also, I would appreciate animation bones in my hands. I am tired of poking people with my loosely-spread, unmovable fingertips.

Also, the brawl animation looks... weak. I'm guessing you were trying to go for a haymaker, but it looks more like a stumble.

Also, everyone walks like a duck or a three-year old, sticking their butt out and wagging it much more than is, er... natural. Look at a view of your character from the side. Then look at a side-profile of yourself in a mirror. Does your spine curve like that? Does your butt stick out that far? One of the first things I do with a new character is buy a cloak to try and hide this embarassing and distracting "feature."

Nanos

Leap of the Leopard/Flight of the Dragon
    (Kung Fu Theater jumping ability. Except, of course, that the jump animation also sucks. The middle of the jump is a single frame... Funcom ought to just redo the animations and animation controller from scratch for blending and real-time IK. Even EQ and DAoC animations aren't quite as bad. AC2 is the only on-line game with anything like decent animation, and barely so. Yet I know Funcom has done good animation in the past. TLJ had decent animation--lots of character to it, and a passable illusion of weight, which is tricky. Emma was the only character I can think of that looked deformed, given the limited technology of the day. I don't know if whoever did those is still with FC, but if so, they need to let that person do the same quality of work for AO. But I digress. Again.)

Zen Archery line

Fists. Of. Epicene.

heres another nano:

Long term Attack Rating buff that can be cast on others. Make it a large nano line (about the same size as the Fists line, maybe starting at about the Energized Fists level) Uses BM and SI, lasts around 30 min and buffs AR by around ql X 3.

Just once i would like to see "Any MA's out there buffing with ____?" like they used to with the SG -> UVC line. Right now there is NOTHING that we can buff others with except our puny Brawl buff, maybe an evade if they cant find a Fixer. There is the Mark Of line, but they arnt really needed untill the highest lvl and by the time you can cast that the tips arnt worth it... It used to be that a low lvl MA could make a small fortune casting SG for tips in Tir or Old Athens, now we have no way of making money off our buffs unlike EVERY other class!
    Last edited by LtBurlap; Jun 10th, 2003 at 04:18:53.

Docs BM/MM Compilation

MAs needs a classic white martial arts suit with a black belt of course
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

GASP! they are not nanos nor attacks this time!

Bladed Decus Boots / Gloves
    ql 1 - 250
    Str/Agi/MA reqs
    MA only
    Add melee damage
    AC's bassed off of Decus Armor Boots
    And a inate risist to roots/snares!!! (blades cut the nano threads or what have you...)

Headbands, ya know those campy white headbands with the red circle on them... those . Add to MA/Brawl/Dimatch/Ripsote/Parry/Evades/whatever...

Soul Ripper Gloves
    ql SPECIAL, Social
    Agi reqs, around 400
    MA only
    Drops off some super MA mob
    NO ac's
    1% chance to instatly refresh your Dimatch

Skin Tight MA suits
    QL 50-250
    differnet reqs based on type
    back slot
    MA Only, or agents in FP
    normal drops
    Trade skill improved versions of the "pajama" suits, except tye go under our other armor so they cant be seen. Skill bonuses are increased, as well as a bonus to the skills needed to equip (up to +10 at ql 200)

(and the nessisary godly armor... because im in a twinking style mood today)

Master Ninja suit (compleatly black, no highlights, just a flat black texture)
    ql SPECIAL
    Drops off someone as hard as Ian Warr (hay, its nearly as good as a suit of Azures), maybe a rare drop off the same mob who drops the Soul Rippers
    req: 1000 MA and TL6. True MA only.
    Back Slot, social
    5000 AC's all type
    +200 evades
    +80 MA, Brawl, Dimatch, Bow and phy init
    +40 Parry, Riposte, Bow Special attack
    +10 agil, str and sen
    +50 NCU
    +10 all nano skills
    Damage type set to Poison. (can be overriden by the Fists line)

Docs BM/MM Compilation

Blade of the fallen one

1/2 350-500(500) Cold Damage
    TL6
    MA : 1150
    2he 650
    1150 MA skills to dual wild with fists
    80% MA skills
    20% 2he

Equip Time 1 sec

5% chance to Stun your Target
    Adds 3% chance to do a critical Hit

This Old Blade has been used by old Legends, only someone very skillful in the Martial arts can use it.
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Notum Glanzed Tourturing Tool
    ql200
    350-350(690)

1,20/1,20
    Equip time 1Second
    20 % chance to stun target

lvl req 150

250hp
    30 add all def

this looks like the Tourtering Tool the Mistress Le fay used but it's glanzing with notum
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Enchanted Strong West Wind Katana

Martial Artist Only

1/2

50-450(750) Radiation Damage

90% MA skills
    10% 2he

modify Evade clcs 50
    HP 250

this looks like a West Wind katana been upgraded with a DMM

i'm bored
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

i'm dreaming!

Nano Crystall - Bow Mastery

Nanocost 250.

Req 456 PM/SI

Boost's your Bow and Bow Special Attack by 90 points.
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Four fists of kali (yep you heard me)

140 MA skills
    40 Brawling

why FA?
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Flurry Of Spirtual Mind (lol i'm sleepy)

Boosts your Phycial inits by 500 points for 20 seconds

Critt + same as old flurry

ok nn
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

These are some good ideas I'm seeing...I've personally sent Cz a link to this thread.

Keep it coming, people!
    Advisor Irongryphon
    Forums Moderator

Forums Social Guidelines
    ARK Public Website

Those "samurai flags"? They're actual historical items, the "mon" of the samurai. I'd say what they were for / represented, but I'm a little hazy on the details. Might look them up later.

As for what I'd like, oh god, where do I begin...

1) Bow Buffs

2) Staffs. I want a bo (6-foot staff, MA/2HB) and jo (4ft staff, MA/2HB) at least.

3) Drop Return Attack's requirements and ql down between that of Dirty Fighter and MA Mastery, and expand it into a full Riposte buff line.

4) Expand "Dirty Fighter" into a full Brawl buff line.

5) "Lesser Controlled Rage" - Implies that there are different levels of controlled rage. Yes, expand this into a full line, too. I want to execute "Supreme Controlled Rage" dammit Make it a separate line to MA Mastery/FFoK if necessary. Controlled Rage line - adds MA/Phys Init, possibly dmg and AddAllOff at higher levels. MA Mastery/FFoK, higher MA amounts, small amount of Brawl and Fast Attack, perhaps.

6) While I, personally, don't mind our controlled destruction line, I wouldn't argue with an improvement of it. Perhaps a damage upgrade, but more importantly, AddAllOff bonuses. Perhaps a root-breaker in there? We'd still have to deal with nano-shutdown.

7) And lastly, not an item, not a nano, just an explanation. Why the bloomin' hell does our 1HB skill cost more and cap lower than our other melee weapon skills? Makes no sense.
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Originally posted by Irongryphon
    Keep it coming, people!
    who am i to argue with an ark?

Destruction of the Self line of nanos, an improved version of the controled destruction line (doesnt stack)
    similar reqs (slightly higher)
    tripple the added damage, bonus to phy init, breaks all roots and snares, adds 100% resist to them for the duration of the np.
    locks first aid, treatment and all other nanos for 60 seconds (so you can recast if you get rooted again, but you cant cast heals or use a FA kit)
    lasts from 20-100 seconds.
    text: Only by abandoning all hope can one acheve true enlightenment.

and 4 breed spefic nanos (none FP-able), try to guess who i think should drop them

Armor of the Mind
    Solitus (self only)
    PM and BM
    ql 160ish reqs (its a good one )
    Duration: 3 min
    Casting time 0.1 second
    Add all AC's 10,000, 50% resist all specials. cant be recast for 8 min.

Text: The night before the great battle against the Fire Demon Yui, Xi Yung's camp was ambushed while he slept. Unarmed and without his protecive armor, Yui's minions were certin they could destroy the great master. They hurled fireballs and arrows at his tent untill it was totally destroyed, yet when the dust cleared Xi Yung was seen standing in the middle of the scorched gound with a ring of green grass around him.

Tempast
    Opi (self only)
    BM TS and SI
    ql 150ish reqs, not wielding ranged weapons
    Duration 15 min
    All fist and melee weapons now have a 5m AOE attack (centered on the MA) +50 damage, +100 phy init, +100 add all offencive , all attacks have a 20% chance to stun

Text: When Xi Yung entered the battle against the Fire Demon Yui and her minions, he called on his great inner strength and was blessed with speed beyond that of mortal men, striking out at all nearby enimies in the time his best figheters could hit one.

Teachings of Yung
    Nano (self only)
    SI, PM and TS
    ql 170 reqs (hay, they are smart)
    Duration: 30 sec on others, 1h on caster
    All members of the casters team in a 20 m radius (aura) get a +80 damage bonus, +200 add all offencive and a +300 to all inits

Text: No one can doubt the genius of Xi Yung in battle, but the lessons he tought to his generals was what truly allowed him to be rise to greatness. His generals could command vast leagons of troops in manners to maximize their speed and damage. In the battle with the Fire Demon Yui, Yung utilised the largest number of his generals ever assembled to combat the minions so he could chalange the demon herslef.

Only You, Me, and the Wind through the Trees
    Atrox
    PM and SI
    Duration: 60 seconds
    ql 100ish reqs (hay, they are atrox, they arnt too bright)
    Redirects the mobs current attacking target to the MA and LOCKES it there for 60 seconds. 60 Second monster HoT, +5000 hp. Caster cant stop combat, and cant select another target for 60 seconds

Text: Xi Yung's last battle was against the Fire Demon Yui. The demon was slaughtering Yung's followers untill he rose above them and challanged the demon to a dual, the loser being cast into the abyss forever. Some say the battle lasted only a few seconds, others say the rest of the day, but when the demon was banashed Xi Yung calmly walked into the forest, never to be seen again.
    Last edited by LtBurlap; Jun 12th, 2003 at 06:16:14.

Docs BM/MM Compilation

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast