Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: MA Items you'd like.

MA Items you'd like.

I was just talking to some friends about things they'd like for their prof's and I had an idea.

Caltrops =]

They could be either a stackable craft able item or a mission only special attack. they'd have a requirement of say.. 70% MA skills, 20% sharp objects and 10% strength to use.

They'd be a short distance AoE run/evade debuff say -75% run and 50% evade for a short period increasing with level to say 15-20 seconds at highest level.

You could give them a defensive roll against evade clsC and chance to spot vs perception.

Anyway just an idea =]
    We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change.

Whether long range weapon or suicide bomber
    Wicked mind is a weapon of mass destruction

Remember boy that your forefather's died
    Lost in millions for a country's pride
    The same old story again all those tears shed in vain
    Nothing learnt and nothing gained only hope remains

a couple of new lines of nano's

I'd like 2 or 3 new lines of "School" nano's, each with a TS, PS and 1 or 2 other skills (MA or Brawl plus 1hb, 2hb or whatever) as a requirement. This way, while you can learn the basics of another school at higher levels, you will only be able to master 1 school. The nano itself is self only, and will buff AND DEBUFF IN SOMEWAY the user. All of these lines cannot stack with each other. In addition to buffing the caster, the nano will create a) 2 or 3 MA attacks and/or b) a MA weapon. The attacks and weapons only last as long as the nano. These Nano's are Hostile Nanos and cannot be cancled, like Agent FP's.

Example.

School of "Drunken Fist"
    requires TS, PS plus MA and Brawl to cast.
    raises caster Evades and Nano resist while lowering HP and Run speed.
    Does Damage over time to caster.
    Maybe minor damage buff
    summons MA attack "Drunken Dance" which does damage and 100% chance of stun or root or snare. Locks MA.
    summons MA attack "Breaking Cup" does strait damage. locks Brawl.

School of "Shaolin Fist"
    requires TS, PS plus MA and Brawl and 1HB to cast.
    Raises caster evades and Run speed while lowering AC significantly (in effect canceling out armor).
    Does Gain Nano over Time at higher levels.
    summons MA attack "Fist of Budda" does damage and chance of Damage over time. Locks MA. Can be used with weapon
    summons MA attack "No Shadow Kick" does damage and chance for stun. Locks Brawl. Can be used with weapon.
    summons Weapon "Oak Staff". Requires MA Brawl and 1HB to equip. Has Brawl special.

*edit* wanted to add a pure attack school

School of "Blade Master"
    requires TS, PS plus MA and 1HE and Multi Melee to cast.
    Raises 1HE, Nano Resist and Run speed, while lowering Evades and Nano pool significantly (making it impossible for MA to heal much during fight).
    Damage buff at higher levels.
    Increase crit chance.
    summons MA attack "Flurry of Blades" does damage. Locks MA. Can only be used if 1HE equiped
    summons MA attack "Dance of Blades" does damage and breaks roots and snares. Locks Brawl. Can only be used if 1HE equiped
    summons Weapon "Blade Master Sword (right hand)"
    summons Weapon "Blade Master Sword (left hand)"
    Last edited by Kwickkick; May 15th, 2003 at 22:33:02.

sharp weapons... any... at all.... we have a nice green skill that is total wasited. bow buff (nuff said).

but seeing as how everyone will be saying that, i will try to add something unique.

first idea:
    Gi's (for those of you not in japanese based martial arts, a gi is the tradtional uniform) that add MAD abounts to MA and evades, but rather little to AC's (compaired to armor of that level. say at ql 200 around 3000-3500 AC and 100-200 MA and evades). make them a back slot social item that covers the whole body, includung a belt

have diverent levels based on ql (from white belt all the way up to 10th dan) and maybe diferent kinds... "brown belt of the ninja" etc... all add to MA and evades, some will add to hp, nano pool, dimatch (if they get it fixed), brawl, conseal, bow, parry, init... the ones that buff MA the best could have a large debuff to all weapon skills as a counter (sure you have great MA, but you can ONLY use MA)

think of it as a cool looking MA suit.

second idea:
    Bracers of Fast Attack/Sneek Attack. very simple, they allow you to use fast or sneek attack when not weilding weapons. recharge time is based on ql (from ql 100 at 8 min to ql 200 at 3 min), requires MA skill and attack type to equip. You want to be a ninja? max conseal, slap on a Bracer of Sneek attack and there ya go. make them exclusive, wearing one prevents the other and give them some crazy long equip time (along the size of a NCU belt) to prevent people from swaping them in and out for a mad alpha.

third idea (boy im on a roll):
    Parry buff/debuff nano line. we are MA's for goodness sake, we are the masters of close combat fighting, why are we getting parried all the time? good psymod/senimp nano lines that would give a short (1-2 min tops) parry debuff and a self only longer duration (30 min) parry buff would go a long way to getting us back in the game. or insted of a direct parry debuff, maybe something along the lines of a crat aura that lowers all enimeys parry skill, that would actually make us wanted in teams again

[edit] for bad spelling
    just call me the idea monkey

WTB this mesh for my MA tier armor

Docs BM/MM Compilation

Originally posted by Jynne
    Maybe that can be an ad campaign: "AO - like methadone for slots junkies"?

^what he said.
    If they did all of those things id play my ma again.

My idea is a line of nanos similar to the Nano Shutdown program. Call it like 'Concussion Blast' or something, that would give the idea that the target is completly disorentated.

600ish skill reqs, probably SI/PM/TS, -2000 to run speed, evades (just melee, I think all evades would be too powerful) and parry for say, 30 or 45 seconds. Put a 2 minute (or more) reuse timer on it so it cant be abused. In this time period, the target can get the living crap beaten out of it by melee classes.

Great ideas folks. The thought of having different styles for MA's (so we can adapt to different situations) is both great from a RP point of view and it would be great fun. A good evade debuff wold also be interesting, not enough of that in-game atm. Post those in the Suggestions forums, so the devs can see it, and I'll pitch them in the prof program as soon as it's appropriate.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

nano I always wanted

There's one nano I have dreamed of, it would be a great help in pvp and pvm alike. It would follow the "in-game" ideology of the rubika-martial artist, and the coding is in place already in other items..It would basically be a defensive version of the mega damage fist line.The highest level version would look like this:

Zen Mastery
    Ql 169
    NCU 20
    NanoCost: 480
    School: Space
    Duration: 1minute
    Attack: 0.25s
    Recharge: 1s
    Range: 1m (self)

Attack Skills:
    Bio Meta 50
    Sense Imp 50

Requirements:
    To Use: Martial Artist (not FP castable)
    Bio Meta: 787
    Sense Imp: 787
    Level from: 165

On use:
    modify user evade clsc 150
    modify user nano resist 150
    modify user duck explosives 100
    modify user dodge ranged 100
    modify user defense modifier 1750
    cast self Nano skills inoperative

Basically, the modifiers would gradually lower for the lowe Ql versions, perhaps with the "weakest" of the line being level req 50.. Nano shutdown would last for 60% of the duration of the formula.
    Devil's Advocate is cooler than you.

"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
    - George Bernard Shaw

had more ideas last night... some new MA attacks and a new nano:

Sweep Kick
    ql100-200
    requres MA and brawl
    locks MA for 2min - 1.5 min
    can be wielding weapons
    range 5m
    roots target for 30s-1 min according to ql
    nice animation of the MA doing a spining sweep kick at his/her/whatever opponent. The text would read something like "Kicking someone when they are down may be immoral, but it is effective".

Arm lock
    ql 1 - 200
    requires MA
    locks MA for 5 min
    cannot be weilding weapons
    standard melee range
    lowers the phy and melee init of target according to ql (about the same values as run speed debuffs of same ql) for 1 min.
    no idea what the animation of this should look like
    text could read: "Even the sharpest sword is useless witout the arm to wield it".

Death from the Darkness
    ql 50-150
    Requires MA, Dimatch, and consealment.
    locks concealment for 5 min
    cannot be weilding ranged weapons
    range determined by weapon
    target must be unaware of casters presence
    direct hp and nano damage (500-500 for ql 50, 1500-1500 for ql 150, half that in nano damage)
    Think of this as your ninja strike, we have a nice green consealment and this will put it to good use.
    text: "the shadows have teeth"

i also had a great idea for a "fun" line of nanos but i have no idea how easy it would be to impliment (but if i dont post i will never know)

Flying Leep
    ql 150
    NCU 15
    Nano cost 400
    Duration: 30 min
    Attack: 10s
    Range: 5m

Attack Skills:
    SI: 57
    T&Space: 33
    BioMet: 10

Requres
    Visual Profession: MA (can be cast in FP)
    SI: 670
    T&S: 500
    BioMet: 200

on use:
    target jump distance = 200%
    target run speed + 300

"This nano modifies the muscle structure of the target's legs to such a degree that they can nearly jump off the planet"

The lower ql versions of this would be the Leep of the Stars (ql 100) and Leep of the Clouds (ql 60). as i said, im not sure if it is even possable to increase the jump without increasing the run speed aswell, but it would be really cool to see a high lvl ma leaping to the top of a building from the ground.

Docs BM/MM Compilation

Re: nano I always wanted

Originally posted by Swampaxe
    T
    Zen Mastery
    Ql 169
    NCU 20
    NanoCost: 480
    Duration: 1minute
    Attack: 0.25s
    Recharge: 1s
    Range: 1m (self)

Attack Skills:
    Bio Meta 50
    Sense Imp 50

Requirements:
    To Use: Martial Artist (not FP castable)
    Bio Meta: 787
    Sense Imp: 787
    Level from: 165

On use:
    modify user evade clsc 150
    modify user nano resist 150
    modify user duck explosives 100
    modify user dodge ranged 100
    modify user defense modifier 1750
    cast self Nano skills inoperative

Looks like a MA kind of NS

Originally posted by LtBurlap

Arm lock
    ql 1 - 200
    requires MA
    locks MA for 5 min
    cannot be weilding weapons
    standard melee range
    lowers the phy and melee init of target according to ql (about the same values as run speed debuffs of same ql) for 1 min.
    no idea what the animation of this should look like
    text could read: "Even the sharpest sword is useless witout the arm to wield it".

If possible, should also disarm that weapon
    Last edited by Zedtron; May 19th, 2003 at 07:28:42.
    Zedton- Gimp and Squishy Fixah!
    Ahurt- MA that only learnt about a place called Shadowlands
    Aheat- Tower Defence NT
    Spiritninja- n00b Shade exploring SL!
    Spiritkeep- 30 Keeper crying for Stygian and Frost Scythe

Re: Re: nano I always wanted

Originally posted by Ahurt

If possible, should also disarm that weapon

nah, then everyone would be screaming "NURF!" and we dont need that.

Docs BM/MM Compilation

It'd be nice to have two separate lines of specials and/or class specializations, ninja and healer. Obviously the ninja line would emphasize attacks (stealth and a bow or dimach attack that worked, for instance) and disable healing while the healing power would emphasize defense and healing. The two could not operate simultaneously.

Like the idea of 'sweep kicks'... as well as other visuals and attacks that are based on real martial arts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

id be rolling on the floor with joy if they just gave us either a) bow buffs similar to ma mastery/ffok or b) a uws that had lock at 5-10 seconds..

also jump length isnt a stat, its simply a function of your runspeed, and your jump height. Jump height is a function of str/agil.. a lot of these suggestions just seem to turn MAs into fixers without guns.=P
    Last edited by Raynefists; May 19th, 2003 at 22:41:44.
    President of Midnight Reveries

hehe

Nice to see some responses to my post hehe,

I think it would be cool if we had more default animations, at the moment we have 3? left punch, right punch and kick (anyone remember when you used to get the kick animation once a month if you were lucky =])

The animations on the special attacks are cool (i love BwT) but it would be nice to have more normal attacks it gets boring seeing the same 3 after 100+ levels hehe.

We did have a bow mastery buff once but it was hidden inside an MA skill buff, total concentration I think it was called.

Be nice if they brought that and a higher level bow infuse (Mark of Robin hood? =P) sort of nano in hehe.

*really like the sweep kick idea*
    We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change.

Whether long range weapon or suicide bomber
    Wicked mind is a weapon of mass destruction

Remember boy that your forefather's died
    Lost in millions for a country's pride
    The same old story again all those tears shed in vain
    Nothing learnt and nothing gained only hope remains

Flow of the River.... ok, we know where this is leading =)

AR/SMG BUFF!
    Lisa "Fistofpaper" Bliss
    200 Killpet Legend, RK1

Natasha "Nursedaou" Evile
    Chief of Stuffed Sturgeons and Healer of Hajk, RK1

Jynne - ... it doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty. Just drink the ****in' water. =p
    Dovve - If you are a poet, when you read the words on this paper, you will see a cloud

I just want our destruction line modified. Right now it's just a poor mans challenger.

I want it to add damage, like it does now, but unlike challenger I want it to add all defensive instead of all offensive like teh enfs

That would be sweet
    Cauterized - NT parked at current lvl until the NT is fixed
    Mortalstrike - Former pvp twink Soldier - The original one

Best thing about sex is when you lay completely still in bed afterwards feeling all comfy and are counting the money.

ok, since we're all spouting off what we need for our proff, I think changing these items to MA only would suffice to make me happy.

a better heal

a better backarmour

a better MA quest ring

oh, and an effective root breaker

btw, it's sarcasm, we're not broke, just not played properly imnsho.
    Lisa "Fistofpaper" Bliss
    200 Killpet Legend, RK1

Natasha "Nursedaou" Evile
    Chief of Stuffed Sturgeons and Healer of Hajk, RK1

Jynne - ... it doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty. Just drink the ****in' water. =p
    Dovve - If you are a poet, when you read the words on this paper, you will see a cloud

Well i think our Combat suits now is not bad, The mods and ACs..
    Zedton- Gimp and Squishy Fixah!
    Ahurt- MA that only learnt about a place called Shadowlands
    Aheat- Tower Defence NT
    Spiritninja- n00b Shade exploring SL!
    Spiritkeep- 30 Keeper crying for Stygian and Frost Scythe

but they are as ugly as sin....

ok, had a good idea for a new uber weapon along the lines of a QB...

Soul Blade http://www.aodb.info/icons/130875.gif

Can: Carry, Wear, BrawlSpecialAttack, DimachSpecialAttack
    InitiativeType: PhysInit.
    Value: 1000000
    Slot: RightHand
    ItemType: Weapon
    Flags: VisibleFlag, HasMultipleCount, NoDrop
    Mass: 1kg
    AttackRange: 5m
    EquipTime: 6s
    AttackTime: 3s
    RechargeTime: 7s
    Damage: 400-800 (300) -- MeleeAC
    Atk. Skills: MartialArts: 66%
    Dimatch: 24%
    2hEdged: 10%

Def. Skills: EvadeClsC: 100%

ToWield: Self Proffession == Martial Artist
    Self 2hEdged >= 300
    Self Dimach >= 300
    Self Brawl >= 600
    Self MartialArts >= 1000
    Self Level >= 165

OnWear: Modify Wearer MeleeAC 300
    Modify Wearer MaxHealth 500

(text)
    The Soul Blade, technicaly speeking, does not exist. However a trained martial artist can create a large katana style blade made only of their own energies. This blade is extremely personalized and seems to almost flow from the arm of the martial artist allowing him/her to preform impressive acts of combat prowess.

since this weapon is nearly as good as a QB it would have to be dropped from something nearly as hard as the Mantis Queen. Possable inhancements would be some kind of Soul Ripper nano on hit similar to the Bite of the Queen Blade.

of course this is WAY to uber, but it was fun to design and thats all that matters

Docs BM/MM Compilation

Kurosava Flags!

Since our so8 armour feals quite samurai oriented I would like some backarmour Flags yes you know what i meen, Like in those samurai movies (ex Ran, Hero) Those flags would look splendid on us MAs especially if we use bow or some nice good looking katana.

The Flags would come with different colours for different kind of MA styles

Bow flag with bowbuff and AS

Pure fist flag with add to MA skill. brawl dimach, and % of resisting roots/snares

Weapon flag, 1he 2he dual wield and so on..

Evade flag, add all def/ nanoresist
    Khane - Omni is the path to Stellar harmony
    K.H.A.N.E.: Knight Hardwired for Assassination and Nocturnal Exploration

Exclamation

duuuude! that is a sweet idea!

Docs BM/MM Compilation

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast