Thread: What could be more simple than /coords

Post What could be more simple than /coords

I guess I'm not the only one who presses F9 constantly while flying in his Yal to find out what coordinates am I in and where do I go.

Instead of that, why don't you FC guys implement a script that will enable us, the players, to see any inserted point on the map and compass.

It will work like this:
    Users type /coord 2050 1938
    Then it shows this coord both on his zone map (if it's installed), the planet map, but most importantly, a yellow line on his compass!

Question

Good thought Superflu!

I am constantly trying to find my way. Guess I am just not thinking linear enough.

We still need that tiebreaker eh?
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

I simply got tired of leading 2-3 people that gets lost in DAV or EFP... Some didn't grasp the idea of remembering only the first two digits of the two coords. Might be a nice improvement to the script if you can put /coords 14 28 and it will act as if you did /coords 1400 2800

About the duel:
    I donno man, last time I was with a 177 Stigma and 2.8k armor and the score was 1:1

Now I'm with a 200 Stigma and 3.5k armor...

Talking

Last time I had ql 148 and 134 Riders and 2.8 armor. Now I have ql 193 and 150 Riders and 3.1 armor.

O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

OMG I have to see that fight..

good idea with the /coords too btw

A %c sequence which would be replaced by your coordinates would be cool also... It would avoid the following:

[team] LostGuy: where are you ?

*hits f9*
    *chat window is flooded by damage reports from the surrounding fights*
    *scrolls up to read coordinates*
    *starts to type coordinates*
    *go help TankGuy which is fighting something*
    *go on to type the coordinates but don't remember them*
    *scrolls up to find back the coordinates, to no avail*
    *hits f9 again*
    *type coordinates*
    *type coordinates again more slowly to avoid some key hits to be lost due to poor framerate*
    *notice that everyone already replied*
    *notice that LostGuy is standing in front of you*

I like pizza (and this idea)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Going back to the original post:

The /coords command is a very very good idea and one we desperately need.
    Annotating the map would be nice too!

How about pressing a key and that marks the map of your current location..go somewhere and when you want to get back you press same key or whatever and that 'beacon' you left is activated and you can find your way back.

Finding missions is easy, it's getting back home that's the problem.

I'd like to see some Adv specific stuff in this area as well. Adv's are supposed to be the masters of the wilderness etc but they are just as lost as everyone else.