Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP Wishlist: Meta-Physical Robes

MP Wishlist: Meta-Physical Robes

Hmmm, okay this one is based off of a number of things. First that the new Engineer pistol just gives them too much to Nano-programming and I'm feeling a 4th rate Nano-programmer for a skill with decreasing usefulness these days. Second, Int/Psy armor sucks and we just don't have enough special armor for higher level MPs. In fact I'll design it for both MPs and NTs without the profession lock on it too also match the pistol. It'll be a leveling item from QL 175-200.

Maybe a process combining a Neleb's robe with a high QL Nano armor robe? The process to make it should be a tradeskill process relying on CompLit, NanoProgramming, and maybe BioMet/SensImp step (requiring organic parts to fuse the two together). Skill requirements should be steep enough that only a NT or MP could make one. Every step needs to be NODROP.

-------------------

Meta-Physical Robes:
    Nobody, not even Meta-Physicists understand how these robes work, but they do and thats what matters!

QL: 175-200
    NODROP, UNIQUE

To Equip:
    Intelligence: 550-600
    Time&Space: 950-1000
    Bio.Met.: 950-1000
    Level: 155-180

On Equip:
    All ACs: 1050-1200
    except Poison AC: 450-600
    MaxHP: 150-200
    Nano Programming: 25-50
    Comp. Lit.: 25-50
    NCU: 50-75
    All Nanoskills: 12-15

--------------------------------------

Very much in favor of Nanomage MPs, but they need help IMO. Non-Atrox MPs and NTs could certainly still wear it and get the boosts just fine. Armor values are comparable to many of the current Uber armors.
    Last edited by Sallust; May 9th, 2003 at 05:44:39.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

I like it, but the boosts to NP and CL don't do me any good in combat. For those skills, I would just as soon have a separate item to equip for tradeskilling. For this, I would prefer a nano-cost reduction and/or a nano init bonus and/or, best of all, a DMS boost.

nice work
    amis
    Skebet Omni lvl 181 MP

Well the tradeskill boosts on the engineer pistol really don't do any good in combat either.

The advantage is that you can use implants, etc to squeeze into it and not have to worry about swapping some piece of equipment. The ACs, NCU, and and Nanoskill boost should make it good enough to hopefully wear in combat anyways. Thats the idea behind it, let me know what you think.

I love this idea, Sallust. Especially the part about using Nelebs and maybe a nano robe in creation. Almost everyone has a nelebs, loves it for a while then just sits in bank after a certain point from what I understand (of course, I am still loving/wearing mine for another 20 levels or so hehe).

And the idea of actually having something USEFUL we can tradeskill along the same lines as the engi pistol is very appealing. Granted MPs aren't the tradeskillers Engi's are envisioned to be, but the idea of making your own holy or special robe is just great; very cool "story" for MPs, I think.

Stick a fork in my eyes the day you see any of my male characters wearing a dress. How 'bout ripping out my entrails if I entertain the idea of putting 'wizard's robe' on my MP.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I couldn't even read the suggestion. I'm sure it's sound. The title really put me off that much. No more EverQuest. Ever.

I occasionally swap out my Neleb to cast stuff, then I put my tank back on

Atroxes just look silly with robes But regardless the idea is sound. But maybe we can get bracers or shoulderpads instead
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

Re: MP Wishlist: Meta-Physical Robes

Given that the nanobreed problems apparently are greatly related to low health, I don't see how this item would help them the slightest, other than it being easier for them to equip. This is the kind of item that, if introduced from FunCom with an added "nanobreed" requirement, would cause nanobreeds from Jobe to Avalon to go bananas because they're getting an item that doesn't even remotely help them to fix the problems they have. You know it's true

The robe-idea itself isn't half bad though. I doubt I'd be using it (I too have a problem with wearing a dress), but many people certainly would, and not only MP's and NT's either.
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

Re: Re: MP Wishlist: Meta-Physical Robes

Originally posted by Archelan
    The robe-idea itself isn't half bad though. I doubt I'd be using it (I too have a problem with wearing a dress), but many people certainly would, and not only MP's and NT's either.
    I'd have my MA max out his dark-blue MatCrea to wear it
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Let's put it this way. If whatever it is has legs and not a skirt and/or cape, then it's good to go. I simply have an extreme aversion to superfluous fabric that, IMHO, has no place in the 30th century and only goes to reinforce the stereotypes of fantasy games based on orcs and elves.

If'n this was Lord of the Rings Online (currently in production, I think) then I'd be all over a really cool wizard outfit.

Latest I read while uploading some nanos for my Nanomage MP, the manifestations of our anger ain't even animals. They are a coalescence of the Nanobot cloud into a form that embodies our emotions. A semi-solid collection of molecular robots that (supposedly) look like an evil creature of hate.

Why can't we work with this theme? We coalesce the nanobot cloud into an encasement (like a body suit) that has whatever properties desired. Wouldn't mind something that changed colors and even had a positive scale factor to it.

Point being, if it isn't armor, I see no use in the MP wearing 'clothes' to a battle. Never liked Neleb's dress and the Senpai stuff when it was introduced looked stupid as well. Damnit if this wasn't supposed to be a futuristic game.

Then again, I guess people still maintain the image of Luke Skywalker (the penultimate pop-culture MP??) wielding his creation weapon in a toga.

Heh, lost some of the NODROP tags I intended to put in there. Let me emphasize that your MA couldn't wear it because you shouldn't have the skills it. yeah, my MP could probably, maybe get an Engineer pistol on too if I really wanted too... it would be a pretty ugly waste of IP though.

Yeah, sorry Bio but it would be one of those "Kilted" things. You can stick with the Tank armor that your Atrox breed would be better fitted to anyways. I wouldn't want every MP looking the same.

At first I thought it was overpowered because the ACs rock the socks off of any Int/Psy armor in the game and many other back slot items. You could squeeze into this and not worry about having to swap Neleb's back on at any time.

If the consensus is that it needs more reqs and more buffs then I'll do that.

Thought you meant to put some NODROP tags on it

Just out of curiosity, how high were you thinking, with regards reqs to making it?

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Probably around 900 Complit, 1k NP, and 1k Biomet simultaneously so you can't implant for them individually. It would of course depend on how the steps worked out.

I picked Biomet/NP because only NTs and MPs can get high ratings in both those skills simultaneously.

Considering the reqs and I want this to be a high level NT & MP item I will raise both the buffs and reqs and for wearing at a later point.

1k Bio Met would probably be the only problem for me...... unless I had a trader nearby. I have my 1k board, with 200 imps I could get 900 CL and 1k NP simultaneously.

Yeah, you'll have to raise those reqs to keep it MP/NT only, with Mocham's:BM and a wrangle, I could still meet those reqs as an MA.

Removed half the QL spread of the item in this version. This should be high level content anyways.

Some non MP or NT Nanomages might be able to get this on if they tried hard.. I think I'm fine with that. Same as a Soldier or Doctor getting on the MEP if they tried really hard.

More than ever I push for NTs to get a +20 Int buff (non-stacking with OME) to go with this. They'd need the extra boost to equip it with the Int req. MPs would have an easy time with OME.

Changed the skill off of MC because that would be too easy for an Agent or a Trader to accomplish.

On second thought I'm going to knock down the tradeskill boost in favor of bonus HP. I think they would actually be more favorable. I'll come up with another wishlist item for Tradeskill boosts.

OK, I'm Atrox MP and I got the rubber shirt on no problems. This is probably a stretch because of the dual ability requirements. Atrox NT (or any other profession Atrox) has no chance.

I like the skill requirements even if I don't like skirts. No need for a profession tag.

Bump. Where's this one at? Straight in with the original proposal above? Let me know.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Hmmm

I'll throw in my opinion on this, I don't know how this would be. Looking at the pictures of the NT from Shadowlands, the current look of robes in this game is just... not appealing enough.

The idea of a boost to the nanoskills would be great, I remember being very fond of my Neleb's cloak for a while. Change it to Meta-Physical Tank Armor or something similar, and I'll support it
    Rubber "Zhoknerfer" Critducky - Gear & Perks - Level 210 :: 11 - Opifex Martial Artist Guru
    Rubber "Xephydes" Ducky - Level 214 :: 2 - Nanomage Meta-Physicist Deity - Clan Meta-Physicist since February 19th, 2002
    Rubber "Premortem" Stabducky - TL5 :: 7 Opifex Shade

On extended leave... Awaiting Lost Eden I guess

Arcane Circle

WoW: Premortem, Night Elf Rogue, Draenor EU Server

With those stats it practically is Meta-Physical tank armor.

For once though its not Str/Stam armor and doesn't look like tank armor.

I'd like to see this finished up because I've got an idea of something to compliment it for MPs and NTs that I think is sorely needed. (Given that its hard for us to have any unique skill specialties that others don't to enhance the skill system).

Following Entry added to wishlist:

Proposal for Meta-Physical Robe (Back Arrmour)
    =================================

This proposal is for a back armour robe with MP related buffs attached - not least the inclusion of a small Nano-Programming buff to help the MP keep pace a little with others in this traditional MP strength. The Armour should be the result of a tradeskill process dependent upon high Nano Programming and Computer Literacy. Since the armour is nodrop and unique, any MP wishing to use the armour must first invest very heavily in the Nano-Programming tradeskill.

• Description:

Nobody, not even Meta-Physicists understand how these robes work, but they do and thats what matters!

QL: 175-200
      NODROP, UNIQUE

To Equip:
      Intelligence: 550-600
      Time&Space: 950-1000
      Bio.Met.: 950-1000
      Level: 155-180

On Equip:
      All ACs: 1050-1200
      except Poison AC: 450-600
      MaxHP: 150-200
      Nano Programming: 25-50
      Comp. Lit.: 25-50
      NCU: 50-75
      All Nanoskills: 12-15

This proposal was designed in the MP Wishlist: Meta-Physical Robes Thread. For more information about how the design was reached please reference that thread. To propose changes/additions to this design - please post to that thread.

Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

neleb + nano armor = http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=165204

nt only
    Nieflh Mp Deity - Rimor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast