Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP Wishlist: Creation of the Redundant Nanomind

MP Wishlist: Creation of the Redundant Nanomind

An effective creation buffing weapon, something to be wielded with the upgraded shields I did before.

Edit: Both items are assumed to have 1-1(1) damage for purposes of placing aggro on a PvP target only.

-------------------------------------------------------

QL 145 nanocrystal
    Creation of the Semi-sentient nanomind

Cast skills:
    Time&Space: 750
    MatMet: 750
    BioMet: 750

On cast:
    900 nanobot damage to self
    Nanocost: 900
    Nano attack/recharge: 20s/5s
    Summon item, 2 hour duration

Wield skills:
    Nano Programming: 620
    Psychic: 350
    Equip slot: Right Hand weapon

On equip:
    NF Range +10 meters
    +100 nanoinit
    +900 Maxnano
    +20 NCU
    +20 PsyMod
    +100 Nano Resist
    +50 Nanobot damage
    -200 MaxHP
    -70 AAD

Notes: Showing off his impressive Meta-Physical talents, the advanced MP is able to copy portions of his own nanobot wielding mind into a pure nanobot and energy construct which he can wield with adapative nano programming skills (it has to be constantly programmed in order to not disintegrate). This extra mind gives him greatly increased efficiency at wielding nanoformulas. Having to keep control over a rebellious and and unstable nanomind however makes the MP physically weaker and more frail.

QL 175 nanocrystal
    Creation of the Redundant nanomind

Cast skills:
    Time&Space: 930
    MatMet: 930
    BioMet: 930

On cast:
    1500 nanobot damage to self
    Nanocost: 1500
    Nano attack/recharge: 20s/5s
    Summon item, 2 hour duration

Wield skills:
    Nano Programming: 900
    Psychic: 450
    Equip slot: Right Hand weapon

On equip:
    NF Range +15 meters
    +200 nanoinit
    +1,800 Maxnano
    +60 NCU
    +40 PsyMod
    +200 Nano Resist
    +100 Nanobot damage
    +25% Innate Resistance to Initiative Debuffs
    -300 MaxHP
    -150 AAD

Notes: Showing off his impressive Meta-Physical talents, the advanced MP is able to copy his own nanobot wielding mind into a pure nanobot and energy construct which he can wield with adapative nano programming skills (it has to be constantly programmed in order to not disintegrate). This extra mind gives him greatly increased efficiency at wielding nanoformulas. Having to keep control over a rebellious and and unstable nanomind however makes the MP physically weaker and more frail.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A great extra item for the right hand slot to go with the creation shield user IMO. It gets rid of the weapon entirely and is a true buffing item greatly increasing the power of the MP's nukes and debuffs. The mix of advantages and disadvantages make it very strategic with different breeds and creation shield combinations.

Ideally this right hand weapon item will need to be balanced with a left hand shield (the breed shield versions in the MP wishlist) because of the disadvantages. This creates a variety of useful combinations based on breeds and the individuals playstyle preference. The MP who uses this is now 100% reliant on the MP toolset as they can longer wield any normal weapons.
    Last edited by Sallust; May 8th, 2003 at 16:34:36.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Oh I would just LOVE an item like that. As an Atrox i wouldnt even have to imp psychic to wield it, just OME plus Boost. Go ahead give me -70 AAD for +200 nano resist. Dont know about you nanogimps err mages out there but i think this would be absaolutely wonderful for Atrox MP. Can you guess my MP is Atrox? I dont think nanomage would have to run OME to wield it even with the 900 NP req, get your 1k board. There are some stupidly high damage weapons out for various proffs now so I do think MP deserve something to compete with them since.

As long as it doesnt drop off a mob that spawns every 18hrs or so i would use it in a minute. Even then i would get it just to have it as i might find it is useful.

Very good idea Sallust.

Not bad sallust I see your mind is churnning there..The only bad thing to this though it would leave us with just pets..and currently thats not a viable option in pvp combat..and some situations pvm as well..If we got a good pet upgrade, then this would be truly a good MP boost.
    Shadow Lv 13 Deity. Mp Warrior.
    I am The Master of Shadows. I am here to help you...
    We are L E G I O N for we are many.

Teh Layout

“One should be as humble as the dust he treads upon...
    But do not mistake my Humbleness as Weakness.”

The light battles the darkness.Who we are decides which side will prevail.

Pets, Nukes and Debuffs.

The range increase is a killer for the nano formulas. That would allow most all of our Debuffs and nukes to be cast at max range. I might trim it down to +10 meters on the first one and raise the reqs on the second. Cast skills are probably a bit low on it.

Personally, I'd use the extra NCU to take out a module and put in a recompiler. That with these buffs would make one an insane debuffer/nuker.

Can you imagine casting NSD at max range and having +700 Nano init (recompiler plus this)? Might need to turn up the AAD disadvantage because you get too fast casting even on full defense. The other thing I'm considering is some init debuff protection on it.

I think it would be the creation weapon equivalent to a cyberdeck for NTs.

Combined with some of the shields I proposed it would really balance out to be a fairly uber combo.

Let me know what you think of the proposed alterations in this post.

Very interesting concept.

My only suggestion would be to not have the -500 MaxHP, and instead give it a balanced DoT.

I'm not sure what would be considered "balanced"... however, something like -150 every 30'ish seconds for the duration should do nicely.

The reason I suggest this is that we nanomages already suffered from a lack of HPs as compared to the atrox. Also, we as MPs suffer from a great lack of HPs as compared to profs like Enf/Adv/Soldier who can each easily attain 10k+ HPs, whereas I can get 7.7k (I think) with every reasonable HP adding trick.
    Last edited by Demonsguile; May 8th, 2003 at 05:43:19.
    Demonsguile 204 MP HYDRA General
    Korrupshun 147 Trader (The MP anti-thesis)
    Renown 104 Enf (King of the Ring, before OE patch)
    Bloke 76 Keeper
    -He who angers you, conquers you.
    -Those who complain the most, do the least.
    -Goals are not made to be attained or achieved. They are made to be surpassed.
    Originally posted by Sallust
    They can't show us new pets because they have better things to do then camp for the items

Can you imagine casting NSD at max range and having +700 Nano init (recompiler plus this)?
    Everything after 1200 Nano Init (NI) is counted as 1/3... I PvP with 1194 (and I haven't even got around to equipping the Accelerated NCU)... so, this +700 would effectively be +233 for me. I'm sure there are others that PvP with higher NI.
    Bloke 76 Keeper
    They can't show us new pets because they have better things to do then camp for the items

Actually I considered the DoT first but thought the MaxHP change would make it more appealing to all breeds. Plus, I think DoTs are just plain annoying and rather nasty when your heal pet is so easily disabled in PvP.

On one hand Atrox can observe the HP loss easiest to have their casting abilities powered up. However, they still won't have the nanopool to take it too far.

The Nanomage on the other hand could start chugging NSD at max range fairly quickly until it actually landed. Pretty powerful and he has the nanopool to keep trying at it. However, he be screwed once you started hitting him.

The other idea is that this is to go in conjunction with the Creation shields I proposed that are on the wishlist They have similar reqs and could easily compensate for the disadvantages. The MP who used this combo would be completely dependent on the MP nano toolset. However, he'd also finally have the capabilities to do so.

Let me know what you think of the Nanomind-Shield combo DG.

In combo with any of those shields, I like this nano very much.

The only thing that seems foreboding would be the "cookie-cutter" effect. Although, that seems to be the FC-way.

I especially *LOVE* the idea of getting back to MP-style, instead of wannabe fixer/agent style.
    Bloke 76 Keeper

I don't think it'll be too cookie-cutter. I'd definitely choose a completely different setup with every breed for instance. As an Atrox I'd pick the Nanopool shield, and a nanocost reducer in my belt. Nanomage would probably pick the HP shield to use with this thing (possibly the fire shield) and a recompiler.

You also don't have to use this item with any of the shields. You'd be free to pick up a simple 1h edged sword with them and hack away.

Anyways, I think I'll make a few tweaks on it here.

LOL.

So what should it look like?

Personally I invision some kind of Cybernetic, pulsing brain. Heavily covered and obscured by a cloud of constant nanobot effects. You should be entranced by the detail of it, yet also repulsed by what may be an abomination of the physical world.

Great idear here, but i really dislike the -500 HP.

Long range is a good thing, but how long does it take a guy to run from max range to you ???.

A Enf in Rage ?, a Fixer with speed ??, anybody can quickly cover the maxrange, and half the classes could care less about the range since they have quite nice range as well (agents/soldiers).
    Since we cannot move and nuke at the same time, moving away while casting aint an option either.
    Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines

Seven Deadly Sins
    Seven Ways To Win
    Seven Holy Paths To Hell
    And Your Trip Begins
    Seven Downward Slopes
    Seven Bloodied Hopes
    Seven Are Your Burning Fires
    Seven Your Desires
    Agent suggestions by Sjofn : -new ql 190 nano "Call Airstrike", drops a Heckler on the target.

Sounds good Sallust and would definitely fit well with the shields. I'd tend to go for the DoT instead of Max HP debuff - but as you say, there's balancing to be done with the shields.

I'll give this thread some more discussion time before putting up a finalised entry.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Aye

Nice work on this Sallust. A welcome addition for the PvP'ers, wish I knew more about the whole PvP-subject, have been neglecting my latent skills there

I have to dislike the -500 hp thing too, just like I hate the negative hp on OME. I'll second X's DoT idea instead, but the weapon itself would be really nice. I would even consider giving up my PoP if nukes was made even more viable, maybe add a few nukes (like the one you posted about) and I would start to consider creations again.

Keep those ideas coming Sallust, you know what you're talking about.

Xeph
    Rubber "Zhoknerfer" Critducky - Gear & Perks - Level 210 :: 11 - Opifex Martial Artist Guru
    Rubber "Xephydes" Ducky - Level 214 :: 2 - Nanomage Meta-Physicist Deity - Clan Meta-Physicist since February 19th, 2002
    Rubber "Premortem" Stabducky - TL5 :: 7 Opifex Shade

On extended leave... Awaiting Lost Eden I guess

Arcane Circle

WoW: Premortem, Night Elf Rogue, Draenor EU Server

I like the design a lot. The most intriguing part is that it emphasises the strengths of each of the breeds, rather than acting as cookie cutter to shape all MP's into the same mold.

Believe me the HP hit would hurt the Atrox MP as well. At 181 I don't have many more HP than DG does (of course being Neutral has something to do with that).

The NanoMages would be benefitted in their traditional 'debuff from afar and rely on the pets' approach they seem to like while the Atrox would get to act a smidge more like an MP up front benefitting from the NanoInit and NanoPool. The range bonus can be mostly ignored by other than the NanoMage, and that's fine.

Taking an arm slot is a nice balancer as well. I already need to run Odin's and wear at least one So8 arm to keep the rubber shirt from being OE'd. This item throws a monkey wrench into things. I like monkey wrenches.

The Cold and Energy bonuses won't do anything at all. I'm assuming they're intended to up the Mind and Glacial lines. Unfortunately +damage modifiers don't do anything for nanoformulas. Tho' I might be seriously tempted to drop the QB for the Frost Scythe while wearing this.

All in all, it's a well thought out item that works across the entire spectrum of the profession rather than just another one of the 'give me 5000 hp because I'm a nanogimp' items. Quite clever.

Taking a closer look

Hmm looking at this in conjuction with the shields changes things now...very,very, interesting......The piece of the pie I still worry on is our pets...if they change our new pets to a non "farm the urns" quest or something, then I would really love this. While I have not been able to test the new pet myself, I hear that they have mad NR...so with that pet, this weapon, and the shields, I think that the MP's could finally get back to being MP's..at least we could have a choice, and use our true strengths instead of trying to be soilders with nukes and pets running behind us.
    Shadow Lv 13 Deity. Mp Warrior.
    I am The Master of Shadows. I am here to help you...
    We are L E G I O N for we are many.

Teh Layout

“One should be as humble as the dust he treads upon...
    But do not mistake my Humbleness as Weakness.”

The light battles the darkness.Who we are decides which side will prevail.

Sounds like a winner so far. Sallust, it'd help if you could make a decision on the HP debuff Vs DoT thing. That's the only element that's seen much discussion. Also Bio is right that the damage mods wouldn't affect the nukes - unless you state that it should be so. I don't think there's a mechanism so fa in game that allows for buffing nano-damage, but perhaps there'll be something in SL for that?

If you could write up a quick pre-amble section that explains how the weapons would work alongside the shields in the wishlist and how different combos would be useful for different breeds, then I'll put it up for you.

X

Re: Aye

Originally posted by Xephydes
    I'll second X's DoT idea instead, but the weapon itself would be really nice.

Xeph
    Wow! I get no love!! I suggested the DoT idea first... hehe
    Bloke 76 Keeper

Well I'm flat opposed to the DoT idea personally. It would just be too much of a nuisance to keep track of if nothing else. Not to mention a big "MP nearby" sign in PvP. I would certainly be open to other disadvantages though.

Would people prefer me increasing the AAD disadvantage and reducing the HP disadvantage? I think I'll go ahead and start with that change in fact as I probably went a bit overboard with the amounts.

The idea was to increase nuke damage with it... so I'll edit it in with something to that effect.

Edit: on second thought replacing the PsyMod buff with an Int one is overpowered when combined with OME. That would just give us unsightly Intelligence. I put PsyMod back in, but NanoProgramming is also a tempting buff.
    Last edited by Sallust; May 8th, 2003 at 16:36:29.

Doh!

Originally posted by Demonsguile

Wow! I get no love!! I suggested the DoT idea first... hehe
    I *really* need to quit browsing through posts at work, I knew X couldn't have posted that first, he just NEVER comes up with anything new

Xeph
    Rubber "Zhoknerfer" Critducky - Gear & Perks - Level 210 :: 11 - Opifex Martial Artist Guru
    Rubber "Xephydes" Ducky - Level 214 :: 2 - Nanomage Meta-Physicist Deity - Clan Meta-Physicist since February 19th, 2002
    Rubber "Premortem" Stabducky - TL5 :: 7 Opifex Shade

On extended leave... Awaiting Lost Eden I guess

Arcane Circle

WoW: Premortem, Night Elf Rogue, Draenor EU Server

Hmmm just dropping in on this one to suggest some possible replacement buffs for the ones you're considering. There was a thread recently with the idea of making it so that wielding the creations enhanced the pet performance.

Perhaps you could add something so that the attack rating of our pets was enhanced when wielding the weapon? Or maybe it would have an AoE aura that improved damage on all pets in range? Something along those lines maybe? Make the innate resist extend to our pets when wielding it etc?

You've already enhanced nuking/debuffing - perhaps it would be better to enhance the pets with some of the sub-buffs.

The things are looking mighty powerful right now btw - perhaps a little judicious trimming might be in order?

X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast