Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MP Wishlist: Glacial Tomb nano

You're not the only one Xeph, which is why there are two new nukes in the MP wishlist already - one broadly based on RoO if memory serves. If you'd like to add to the range still further, feel free to kick up a separate MP wishlist thread. This one is about Sallusts Stun/Nuke proposal.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

My bad

Doh, forgot about the wishlist. Sorry about that, I'll keep in mind to read the board a little more before start rambling. We'll see about that thread later on
    Rubber "Zhoknerfer" Critducky - Gear & Perks - Level 210 :: 11 - Opifex Martial Artist Guru
    Rubber "Xephydes" Ducky - Level 214 :: 2 - Nanomage Meta-Physicist Deity - Clan Meta-Physicist since February 19th, 2002
    Rubber "Premortem" Stabducky - TL5 :: 7 Opifex Shade

On extended leave... Awaiting Lost Eden I guess

Arcane Circle

WoW: Premortem, Night Elf Rogue, Draenor EU Server

Okay, raised the minimum damage and lowered the maximum damage on this one. Also took the taunt factor down to be in line with the stun duration.

I've decided the idea for this one is to be a stun with a nuke attached. An upgrade to CoC more than anything else.

Not sure I'm happy with it but not getting much feedback so I'd say its pretty much done.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Entry going in:

Proposal For Stun/Nuke for the MP
    ========================

A long recharge stun nuke would be highly valuable to the higher level MP. Useful in both PvM and PvP. A long recharge prevents it from doing too much damage, but could give the MP a much needed moment of respite. The stun duration is less than Curse of Chronos, so the target isn't too heavily restricted. Its attack speed can be brought down to instacast for those emergency situations where it could be needed.
    • Nanocrystal: Glacial Tomb

Reqs:
      Psymod: 770
      Matter Cration: 910
      Level 155
      Nanocost: 625

Effects:
      Range = 25 meters

Attack skills:
      Matter Creation 75%
      PsyMod 25%

Defense Skill:
      Nano Resist 90%

Attack time: 2 seconds
      Recharge time: 6 seconds

Damage 1,000-1,700
      Stun duration: 3 seconds, Strain 147
      (Use the new SL ranking and have it overwrite all other stuns)
      Taunt Target: 3337

Description: This nanoformula uses the will of the Meta-Physicist to cause nanobots to gather water in the area in to an absolute zero energy bond around the target. This causes them to have their movement and combat abilities completely restricted as if they were stunned. The total lack of energy also does cold damage to the target for a short duration until Entropic heat breaks the Glacial Tomb.

This proposal was designed in the MP Wishlist: Glacial Tomb nano Thread. For more information about how the design was reached please reference that thread. To propose changes/additions to this design - please post to that thread.

Take it from someone that PVPs all the time guys. Long recharge = sucks ass.

Why is resonance blast so good? Short recharge.

Why does curse of chronos suck ass? Long recharge. Can't nuke, debuff, buff your pet, nothing while it's recharging. It's a waste. Please just believe me on this, just this once. I fight in arena and mass pvp several times a week. Long recharge will not work. Please, just believe me on this one....

Give it a slight bit more damage than mind quake with the same cast time, but like a 3 second recharge time and a 35% chance of a 2 second stun with an 85% or 90% nano resist rate (because nano resist is ridiculous and going getting worse). BAM, this would work.

The tradeoff is that you don't get the nanoskills debuff from mind quake, so you'd still end up using mindquake AND this nano. With the way you guys got this thing thought up, when exactly would I be able to debuff anyone in between waiting for this nuke to recharge, waiting for evocation to recharge, waiting for nanoshutdown to recharge, waiting for CoC to recharge, etc?

Long recharge = gimp. I speak from experience here and not just theoretical numbers.

Waiting for evocation to recharge is sucky enough, imagine how bad waiting for this nano to recharge would be?

Half of our debuffs have these ridiculous recharge times attached to them for the sake of "balance". The rules have changed and this is a much different game than it was in the beginning. Anything introduced for us needs to be thought up along the lines that people are more powerful than they were when the game was released.

Most of the ideas put forth in the MP wishlist have been quite underpowered. Folks are so worried about introducing an 'overpowering' item item that they nerf it to hell and back before they even put it on the wishlist. it's a self defeating attitude.

That nuke is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too weak to warrant such a ridiculously long recharge time. that's plain out silly.

You know why mind quake is a decent nuke? Because it's instacast and has a short recharge time.

For a nuke to warrant a 6 second recharge time, it would need to be about twice as powerful as the stats you have on there, otherwise it would be worth casting at all.

Let's see: I can nuke you three times with mind quake, which will also debuff your nanoskills and do more damage over time.

Lemme terminate both of my pets, remove my armor and my weapon and I'd probably still kill anyone using glacial tomb in its current proposed state. Please just trust me on this.
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; May 12th, 2003 at 04:57:13.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

go to auno.org and do a theoretical damage test with the damage calculator using the stats you've agreed upon.

(to emulate a nuke)

Crit value = 0
    init = 0 (so it doesnt affect recharge times)
    attack time = 1 seconds (to simulate the effects of nano c init)
    recharge time = 6 seconds

approx. damage over 10 seconds = 2000 dmg.

Now put in the values for Mind quake and you come up with 4381 over 10 seconds...

Now this isn't exactly right and the damage would most likely be a bit higher for BOTH nukes, but you see that mind quake does more than 2 times the amount of damage as your glacial tomb nano would do, and has a 1.82 recharge time, allowing us to debuff our opponent without having to wait 6 seconds for a recharge.

MORE THAN TWICE THE DAMAGE OF GLACIAL TOMB.

so why would I use glacial tomb? 6 second recharge and only 1700 max damage sucks. BUT I love the idea behind it man!!!

(and btw, in Jayde's nuke table, he has the max damage for mind quake as 1115, when it SHOULD be 1515. If he had used the correct value, I think it would have had an even higher damage score than Izgimmer's enveloping flame)
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; May 12th, 2003 at 06:35:45.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Well in that regard its working correctly Deacon as I didn't intend for it to be a high damage nuke.

Its more of an improved stun intended for PvP. You can use it defensively on 0% agg and not notice the recharge as much. This allows you to get a break from your opponent and damage him (and he can't heal without hots) a little at the same time.

But go ahead and take a wishlist shot and your own version of an attack nuke.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Yup I'd agree to an extent with both of you because it's a point of view thing I think.

If you look at the proposed nano as an improved Stun - then it's an improvement. Much shorter recharge time than CoC (which as you say is important Deac), adds damage on top of the stun which means that unlike CoC it actually helps you in your goal of killing the target as well as disabling it somewhat. Slightly shorter stun - but still as effective when made in combination with another one and with the damage on top of course.

If you look at the proposed nano as an improved nuke - then it's not so good. Longer recharge than a nuke = bad. Less damage than existing nukes and its bad.

As Sallust says, he designed it from the point of view of an improved stun. There are a couple of improved nukes already in the wishlist of course - but there's still room for more I'm sure.

X

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12