Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Interesting...

Very Interesting...

There is some very interesting info on the new Shadowland profs. sounds like a very different aproach indeed. And hehe sounds like someone who actually has less HP than a Nanomage. Also it sounds like WE as MP's should be able to debuff like that ! But here is the article click here

Also here are some renders, the keeper looks dam good ! can anyone say Paladin ? click here
    Shadow Lv 13 Deity. Mp Warrior.
    I am The Master of Shadows. I am here to help you...
    We are L E G I O N for we are many.

Teh Layout

“One should be as humble as the dust he treads upon...
    But do not mistake my Humbleness as Weakness.”

The light battles the darkness.Who we are decides which side will prevail.

Oh dear... I can already hear the traders crying in the distance...

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Shade and Kepper = Rouge and Palladin. Nuff said.

But it does sound interesting!
    Talornin the cranky and rude Meta-Physicist.
    When in danger
    When in doubt
    Run in circels
    Scream and shout!

Talornin was born on Wed Dec 26 21:36:26 2001
    Talornin dinged 220/30/70 on Sat Apr 12 13:24:24 2014

Finally!

Hehe... tattoos as armour, no implants, good in long fights, sneaky ninja type profession... I think the MA's will be more upset then traders.

Frankly, the shade sounds like a summary of all the suggestions on the MA forum up until 3 months ago. Ah well, guess I'll start one.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Nice pics

Did I see a gun-holster on that Keeper/Paladin thingy?

Are we finaly allowed to holster our guns without de equiping it?
    (We look kinda silly now with our weapons drawn while eating at a Bronto burger stand, or at the disco bars waving a huge rifle around while doing the YMCA, LOL)
    I want to be a campaign!!
    Tarilliux MP fun,fun,fun (should have been a crat with a name like this )
    Hexar ::::Nanotech::::
    Imothar Engie (For once on the recieving end of MP buffs)

And a few other lowbies can't for the life of me remember their names

It's fine and dandy to be more meta-physical and mystic with Shadowlands, but I would at least hope there's some traces of technology in the render
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

/me puts fingers in her ears and pretends she's still in a sci-fi game.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Originally posted by Hypos
    *joins*

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

It seems like the class gets all those trader, MA and Doc benefits through the shadowland perks.

If FC really wanted to get us excited about SL they should create a page like that for every class, where the perks of every class are listed.

It also looks like they don't have the benefit of a token board, starting out neutral. I doubt the hitpoint disadvantage from that to be permanent. Also, since they use tattoos for armor, that rules out hp-boosting armor pieces. I'd gamble that the breed hitpoints are exactly normal. All in all, they probably have the hitpoints of your typical GAIV Fixer.

And unless they have some special Crowd Control protection like Enforcer Rage or ranged attack they will probably be fodder to rooters, like the MA class.

And if I'm not mistaken, I do believe the Shade class will be able to run hostile nanos on their targets just by hitting them. It seems FC took the principles of our bugged Mez Pet and put them in a player profession. lol
    Last edited by Psiraven; May 6th, 2003 at 20:18:20.
    MP's should be FEARED.

Originally posted by Hypos
    It's no use! It's coming! Whether we like it or not, half of AO will become EQ/UO/DAoC!

/me stays on planet Rubi-Ka.

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

/me goes to stage 2 and (with fingers still in ears) begins chanting loudly

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Shadow Ops

Ohhh stfu all of you!

Whining crying babies!

If it is anything ruining this game its your endless strain of "buhuuu" posts.

Man, cant you even TRY to see the posistive things? And if you cant only see the dark side of it why the hell are you still playing?!

Edit: typo
    Last edited by Talornin; May 6th, 2003 at 21:37:19.
    Talornin the cranky and rude Meta-Physicist.
    When in danger
    When in doubt
    Run in circels
    Scream and shout!

Talornin was born on Wed Dec 26 21:36:26 2001
    Talornin dinged 220/30/70 on Sat Apr 12 13:24:24 2014

Finally!

*shrug*

I comment on the things as they come up.

Ok, positive things. ShadowLands will include:
    - new playfields & generic new content
    - 2 new profs
    - perks that sound like they'll enable a new degree of cooperation between players in combat
    - improved graphics engine

All old news; but there ya go. At least at the basic concept level, these sound like good things to me.

But as further information comes out, I still reserve the right to comment. And yes, you may continue to complain about my complaints.
    Shadow Ops

Yes, it's a science fiction game, but the world of the future will have its spiritual side, just as the world today does. Call it fantasy if you like, but it simply sounds like we've been playing meta-physics as just another profession to memorize the nanos and armors of.

It's a role playing game. We play the role of those interested in the metaphysical side of life.

Or have we forgotten (or did we never know?) the meaning of "Metaphysical"? I'll let you scramble for your dictionaries yourself, but suffice it to say the definition will put you in the mind of both science fiction AND fantasy, as AO does.

If you require this to be an all sci-fi game, be a soldier.
    The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, the solemn temples, the great globe itself, Ye all which it inherit, shall dissolve. And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff as dreams are made on. -Shakespeare

i am a soldier and am still amazed at how a mole with no arms kicked my butt.

Umm, Talornin, I know you are cranky and all But I love AO right now and despite all the problems all the professions have, I still have much fun. I just want to see more technological things in Shadowland. Maybe there are, afterall we are only seeing bits and pieces of it. But you got to admit that Keeper render looks NOTHING technological

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

Originally posted by XtremTech
    Oh dear... I can already hear the traders crying in the distance...
    Umm.. Crying about melee prof with low hp? Root, alpha -> farm pvp points.

I like that "drains attack rating" part. Means shade drains don't OE you or make you unable to switch weapons, like traders do.
    Sutojah + other random gimps

Sci-fi != "Trapped souls"

Its alright that they want to be spiritual. But quite frankly I think they're going overboard.

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Any 1 noticed how that female in the first pic is wearing no clothes O__O

Anyone notice that the keeper has a pistol and a sword....

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast