Thread: A Soldiers Story

A Soldiers Story

WAR is a prelude to PEACE, which is a Prelude to WAR. These are hard times on the planet of Rubi-Ka, but these conditions are prime for one such as I that was conditioned for combat by some of the most heartless scientists under the command of Omni Generals. This is my story:

I was once an omnipol elite soldier. I volunteered for "Project Ironman" which was designed to give omni an edge in the battlefield by agumenting their soldiers with cyborg implants to enhance their battlefield endurance. These "super soldiers" had a mind of a solitus, but the bodily agumentations of a cyborg devastator. The idea was to implement these agumentations on squad commanders to lessen the likelihood of their death in combat and leaving the squad without an experienced officer to lead them to their objective.

My detatchment was sent on a mission deep in clan territory. There were rumors of the Council of Truth trying to form an alliance with one of the cyborg leaders that was inspecting the Barraks in Greater Tir County. Intelligence reported that she was a high ranking Cyborg General from their main base in Perpetual Wastelands. Little did i know that this was a trap and I was captured and my unit killed. Apparently they had heard of the omni experiments in using cyborg agumentations and wanted to capture one of the agumented commanders to study this technology to create more of their kind. I was immediately taken to the lower level of the barraks and experimented on without the luxury of any kind of pain killers. Then something happened that would change my life forever, somehow during the course of the experiements I was patched into one of their supercomputers and I saw a recorded video log that belonged to my father. After seeing the entire log play through my cyborg head implant I realized that omnipol had been lying to me all along. They said that my father was killed by a clan spy, when in truth my father was killed by his superiors because he refused to create a virus that would completely wipe out the cyborg population.

The untold truth was that the omni cyborgs were of my fathers design. He had designed them to be replacement mine workers since the clan rebellion took most of the working class away from omnipol, what he did not expect was that by giving them thought ingrams he had created another sentient race that observed, learned, and desired independence just as any humanoid would. They began to research for themselves the history of omnipol and realized that there future would be uncertain in the service of omnipol. One day, when they were being overhalled in the omni base in Perpetual Wastelands they took over the base and have began expansion from there ever since. Since my father was their creator, they wanted him to activate the fail-safe virus to elimiate the entire race. He refused and somehow did a memory wipe of the sequence to enact the virus and was executed for treason.

After finding this out, all I wanted was revenge on omni for what they did to my father.

The next thing that happened to me was as surprising as the truth about my father. It seemed that my extreme rage over what I had just found out acitvated some sort of emergency program that activated some sort of shield that made me almost invulnerable to attack. I had no idea how long this would last so I called upon all the strength that I had and broke my restraints and ran as fast as I could out of the barraks as their gunfire pretty much reflected off of this shield technology that I had somehow activated. This was strange that severe pain would not activate it, but a fit of rage would.

As I reached the exit to the base it seemed that the shield had begun to weaken so I knew it would be a matter of time before their gunfire would turn deadly to my existence. I reached the outside of the base and the shield went down. I tried to activate my normal shield, but I got no response. I even tried to activate my armor, but it was dead as well. It seemed that this emergency program leaves the soldier helpless for a time to regain enough power to be used again. This was not good. Lucky for me a clan patrol saw me in trouble and despite my omni uniform came to my rescue.

I was taken back to their base and attended to by the most beautiful site I had seen since my first Rubi-Ka sunrise. She was a surgeon by the name of Andria "Lykkeliten" Moscardelli. I fell in love with her from the moment I saw her, not just because she nursed me back to health, but it was more than that, I felt somehow that I was destined to be with her. I kept my feelings a secret for a very long time knowing that someone as beautiful as she could never have any type of relationship with a battle hardened soldier such as I, but eventually the time came and I could not hold my feelings in any longer. I told her that I was in love with her and I would understand if she did not feel the same way, but I just wanted to be honest with her. To my surprise she felt the same way about me and that gave my life a new purpose. Do all that I can to end this senseless feuding and bring peace to the planet that our children and many others would someday call home.

I served out my tour of duty in the guild that rescued me until the President due to medical concerns had to step down (It seems that his longterm exposure to his grid armor began to cause acute brain damage). I then began to look for a more militant organization to continue the fight against omni with. I recieved a communication to check out this oganization called the Mercury Dragons. It is in this organization that I continue to take the fight to omni wherever and whenever the situation warrants it.

Long Live the Fighters!
    "Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge-hammer!"

Well written bro, the "Project Ironman" part was very intresting

And about us OT's leaving you behind...

eh..

We were on the way, couldnt you of held on just a minute..or twenty?