Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So, you made an enforcer...

Oops... sorry 'bout that
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Ari can you at least take Deng as your semi proff side kick ?
    Tinicarri - small gimp soli in a trox enfs game

Genaetor - "wow you leveled a nanomage doc , bet you regret that now" sheesh

Mallorey 60 rogue Medivh - Elfs forevah !
    Likitey 60 mage Medivh - Undead Powa !
    Anarchy Online , something I did for a while

Though he is expensive to feed and costs a fortune in beer .

Oh and has been known to leave an awfull mess on various clan battlefields .....

Thanks for making this outstanding thread sticky, Ari =)
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Added Perks to the guide
    Deng - Enforcer

Currently a bit busy

Re: So, you made an enforcer...

Originally posted by Deng
    Nifty items

- Omni have the luxury of having Augmented OT-rings. These add 0-10 PM depending on QL and is a great help when it comes to Mongo.
    - Assault Tank from Biomare dungeon (or, as we call it, foremans) in The longest road (coords 1940 x 775, Drops off Bodyguards in the far end of the dungeon when you reach the "medical complex")
    - Special Gloves from Nelebs dungeon adding all sorts of weaponskills. Also a good drop of bracers there
    - Grab all the things you can get from the temple while you can, such as damage-adding items ++ There are a lot of good things to get from SL as well. Take a trip and explore.

Nifty items:

- If you haven't gotten the Assault tank yet, GO GRAB IT!
    - 2HB enforcers, keep in mind that the Bonehammer is waiting for you in Cyborg barracks in Greater Tir County (also some nice cyber armor if you like yellow plasteel-look. lvl 71 req)

Nifty Items:

- The enforcer ring (from "This axe belongs to jack")
    - QB. if your'e going 2HE, the QB is still the best viable option and it's a nice thing to have before you get up to 161
    - Silken legchopper gloves. Drops from jack
    - Smelly Butcher Gloves. Drops from Tarasque. nice wepskill adds

-----------------
    Perks: (SL - accounts)

Perks is the add you give to your allready raised skills, be it weaponskills, HP, AC or other things. You open the Perk menu by pressing "Shift + P".
    Enforcer and perks open up for a wide specter of tactics. Remember, it takes 72 hours after you reset a perk untill you are able to do so again. The most "essential" and used perk amongst enfs, is "Form of Troll" adding large ammounts of HP + in time a nifty AC effect. Several people use more HP, or go directly at Bioshield and Weapon-skills.

My reccomendation are these priorities :

1: weapon skill
    2: FoT (HP)
    3: Bioshielding is for the mass-tanking enf
    4: HP/Basic stats

Should you be an explorer, choosing the first "Cartographer" perk would be a good thing. You will recieve a teleport perk taking you to omni ent. this has a 4 hour recycle

Another nifty item worth having can be found in the Steps of Madness dungeon (you know, the one we've all forgotten about) Gentle Hands +4 to 2HE & +4 to 1HE I know it doesn't shatter the earth but its still a useful equip item. Nondrop though so you have to do it yourself.

As for perks I thought the Cartographer one would be cool (and it is kinda, but its the first one I reset. +8 intel (genius) I decided would be more useful.

{edit: How much do I wish I'd actually read what I quoted! Doh! You did mention the gloves just not in link form}

/me crawls back under a rock
    Last edited by Kissysuzuki; Sep 16th, 2003 at 09:57:02.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Those gloves *are* nifty and nice to have around

There are also "Loving hands", "Brutal hands" and "another thingydingy hands" (don't remember the last one, but I'm pretty sure there are 4 different in that series from SoM)

good to have for that last point other than that I reccomend using the rockcrusher gloves as long as you can damage add = yum

/me picks up kissy and gives a biiig deng-hug
    Deng - Enforcer

Currently a bit busy

Had an Enf back when Newland was the place to hang out and get groups, but 2HE back then sucked compared to dual riders etc, and was getting out damaged by advents, so quit and started a trader heh. Anyway I decided I quite like the idea of starting another enf with a spare slot, but dont want to look like everyone else with their 2he, so what suggestions do we have for either 1hb or 2hb? come on guys give me some suggestions of how to go.
    If you can't live without them, why aren't you dead yet?

Viable enf blunt weapons (still) for lower enfs:

- *everything* from the enf shop (tsuyanami Smith in SAV)
    - Hammer
    - alloy staff/lead pipe
    - Ice bound heart

++

just got up from bed. memory not intact
    Deng - Enforcer

Currently a bit busy

To Deng and all the other Enforcers that post here =)

THANK YOU ALL!!! Thanks to the wacky pathing of my pets, I started an enforcer to pass the time. And very unexpectedly, I got addicted to my enforcer!! I needed lots of help on him since being a tank is a new thing for me (I'm a crat on my main). So I checked out this forum. Dengs sticky rocked and it really helped me shape my enf. There was another post here on keeping aggro, awesome as well! And there have been various other posts I've read on weapons and gear, that have helped gear him up for his job.

Playing the enforcer was something I really needed to do. Never saw the game from that aspect. And now that I have.. I want more! But my thanks to the enforcer community for all the wonderful information you post here. Keep up the good work! and thank thank thanks again =))

Brisidel - 85 crat
    Maroo - 30 Enf (just a baby still but I love him!)
    ...see us on RK2.... =)

*trox heart about to melt* :-)

replies like these is what makes it worth doing. *suddenly gets the urge to write 100 pages more*

:-)
    Deng - Enforcer

Currently a bit busy

Nice work, i`ll be around here in the future.

I started AO recently as an Enforcer and reading posts helps me to understand where to go in the future...

But one more question, hopefully not answered yet in an old thread i didn`t found yet....

Do i have to change my primary weapon in higher lvls or may i stick to my 2HE till the end?

Both 2HE and 2HB weapon lines have sufficient damage to keep you from worrying about switching.

Yes.... at some levels 2HE is better to use than 2HB but then later on to be the most uber you'll want to switch back.

However if your content to be nearly Uber then one or the other will do you fine for your whole life.
    Riders of the Lost Org

I don`t want to be "uber", i just want to stay an efficient and happy member of the great Omnitek Family.

bump
    omg
    roflpmpo

nice very nice

almost like
    everything you wanted to know about an enforcer but were afraid to ask
    God told me to make a chicken salad sandwich for lunch, and I did, and all rejoiced

Trader Exam MKII Passed
    My Stuff

Remember kids, Omlets are best when fried and served with a side xp%

hey deng , its nostaw sta agil intel and sense

intel agil and sense all add to treatment ,
    and if ure lookin to twink rlly good and get those extra points yea need for those imps , good idea to keep those 4 abilities maxxed along with treat
    past that =) u make one hella good guide writer for enforcers =)
    tip to all the newbs out there =) follow his word like well DO WHAT HE SAYS DAMNIT or youll sukka ... j/k =) but he knows his stuff and what he says if yea follow you wont go wrong =) , least ... shouldnt ... =)))
    G/J deng
    Nostaw oldschool enf

Nostaw2 lvl 77 Newbie keeper =)

Couple of updates made. Will add more SL stuff and re-configure the setup in the following days
    Deng - Enforcer

Currently a bit busy

Re: CAS isn't for everybody

Originally posted by Grims****
    I have read on a couple posts here that CAS is a suggested armor for Enforcers. I really can't afford any of that armor. I have a lvl 51 sol and he has about 700k to his name I guess Carb at low lvls would be ok?
    Grims, depending on your leve if you are on RK-1 and Clan I can loan you a set of Carbonum. My Engie makes up to about qual 40ish now. If you buy the plates I will make it for free and then you can keep it or sell it after.

You can always tip by bringing any robot junk you have found, trying to build junkmetal armor now. If interested just contact Dauhuai in-game.

My Enforcer is level 13 now and the extra NCU from the Carb is very nice.

Question: I am currently dual weilding tangos, is this a mistake or is it a good viable way to go. It does let me Brawl and has a wicked fast attack while damage seems fairly nice. But never used anything else but startup weapon so I am not sure this is a good path.
    Dauhuai
    Clan Nano Engineer (159)
    Building a better Rubi-Ka One Tradeskill at a time

Sodamoca
    Clan Atrox Doctor (155)
    Free SFA to all Clan

Tangos are a mean weapon. Even meaner if they are Improved. While they may look like butter knives they go like chainsaws. ITDs will do you fine.

If your just using Tangos not improved ones get them improved. www.anarchyarcanum.com for the details on how.
    Riders of the Lost Org

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast