Thread: A Permanent Death...

A Permanent Death...

Part 1...

Her comm buzzed, taking her by surprise, "Hello are you there?" the low voice asked. Finishing off her target, then
    answering, "I'm here, what's up?" A chuckle came back.. "I guess you're busy, can you get back to me as soon as you are done?"
    "I will meet you in the usual place in about 10 mins." "See you then," the voice was almost inaudible thru the gunfire, but the answer was not needed... she knew it already.

Emerging thru the grid in Borealis, the Agent looked around to be sure there was no one who would follow her. She entered the Weapons Dealer, the Fixer was going thru the guns in the case. She had known the woman for years, her brother was married to her and she knew there was no one she could trust more.

The Fixer opened a secure channel for them to disucss "the job". "This one should not be too hard. I need to get in, hack the mainframe, alter the information and get out." "How much time do you need?" the agent had done this before, and she knew the timing would be crutial. "I can be done in about 5 mins, you get me in, I will do the rest." "The client has supplied all the information?", the agent liked to check all the details first, nothing could be left to chance. "I have his information, plus,
    I spent the morning doing my own research. I can only get so far from here, the rest needs to be done at the main console. Removing someone's insurance records and erasing their existance is not as hard as people would lead you to believe."

Part 2...

"Alright then," the agent didn't like the idea of doing a job like this. She felt that if could be
    that easy.... they are all at risk. "When does this job need to be done?" The fixer turned to
    her, the uneasy look on her face told Dyan that she didn't like the idea too much either.
    "Tonight. We go in an hour after night fall"
    The Agent checked her nanos and equiptment, not one detail could be over looked. They would
    be in hostile territory, and she had to be sure to make it as safe as possible. Timing would be everything.
    Casting the nano that would allow her to assume a new profession, allowing her to mezz the guards,
    the fewer deaths the better was the way they like to work. She left her apartment
    and headed for the grid... hopefully not for the last time.... and from here on out it would be all
    about time. At the grid terminal, she met the fixer.. they spoke briefly, and the fixer put her into
    the grid, bringing her closer to the destination. As the fixer went back home... to wait for the
    transport into the buidling, she set her comm to only the private channel so that she would be
    able to focus on the task at hand.

part 3...

The Agent entered the building, she knew where all the guards would be... she carefully moved so they
    would not sense her being there and mezzed them into a catatonic state. Moving easily, she went to the
    control room and turned off the secutiy system and the cameras, she knew how to hack the buildings
    systems, powering down the elevators and making it impossible for them to be interrupted. She entered
    the mainframe control center and locked all the doors leading in, tapping her comm, "I am going to switch
    professions and warp you in, 2 mins.. "

"Ready" the fixer responded. Grabbing the bag with the few things she would need and standing in the middle
    of the room. She already had the human-mainframe interface on her hand, her gun laid on the bed along with
    her helmet. Already buffed to enhance the skills she needed, a small piece of paper stuck into her pants, when
    the wrap came.... she took in a deep breath, letting it go when she entered the mainframe room.

((I promise in the next part is the "end"))

The End

"You have 3 minutes," said the agent clamly. "No problem," replied the fixer, as she sat down at the terminal and
    began to bang away at the keys. Taking the paper out, she began to enter the inofrmation, passing thru
    the security screens, scrolling thru record after record... "Got it" she whispered.... ID: 103K-411J-7099-0JK7
    Jose "Comprame" Torres. The agent felt a chill run down her spine. The fixer got through the code and made
    some adjustments, telling all the insurance terminals in clan and neutral territories that this code was invalid.
    Making it so he could save one last time, but the information would not hold, but he would not know.
    His next death, would be his last.... and no one could change that now...

"Pyro, once you hit accept, it is over," the agent knew there was no turning back. "Dyan, it is done"
    The fixer returned all the screens to normal, and stood infront of the agent. The agent looked at her watch,
    "Nice, done with time to spare." "Time to go" and the fixer pulled the 2 into the grid. A moment later, the
    Clan guards burst thru the door.. finding the room empty.

"The job is done," the fixer told the client. "Meet me in the park in Clon**** for the balance" the client told her.
    "I appreciate your fast work and your discression, I will be referring you to others for more work"
    "I look forward to it" replied the fixer...

Just the beginning

Her comm rang out as she rolled over in bed.....
    "Hello.... Hello", she reached over and picked it up, "hhhmmm Hello" she muttered back, half asleep.

The man's voice was deep, she knew it all too well to mean there would be a job to be done.

"We need to meet, as soon as possible... the client has more work."

"Ok... " and she rolled back over. They would meet the way they always did, in a remote dark place, when the rest of the planet slept, no rush.. she could sleep too.

"the job"

In the dark of night, she exited the grid to meet her contact by the Bronto Burger. She approached slowly and carefully... this place seemed busier than usual.

"It seems there is some kind of meeting here tonight," he spoke slowly and in a low voice. "Yes, certainly seems that way." She had to laugh at the irony of the meeting being in the same place her boss had called the "big meeting" tonight. The 2 were unrelated however, "Seems alot of people are interested in what is going on here tonight"

As the Neutral Leader meeting was underway, the agent spoke to the coordinator, his eyes on the tall brunette standing at the head of the table, obviously running things. "she has a way about her, that is what we like most" he gave the agent a smirk and handed her a file. "Please ask your boss to review the information and get back to us... we need an answer by week's end. I know she is interested in doing something new in the next few weeks.... I hope this will serve her purpose"

The agent took the file and looked around, quick eye contact with the fixer and she was off. Delivery would be made later on when the meeting was over....

When she got back to the office, the radio was playing......
    .... ground control to Major Tom.... she laughed and sat in the big chair placing the file on the desk.