Thread: How about an in-game webbrowser?

How about an in-game webbrowser?

I don't know about the rest of you, but oftentimes if I alt-tab out, I cannot alt-tab back in without freezeing my computer on a (usually) black screen. However, I often need to alt-tab out to get information or whatnot for either myself or someone else. For example, the other day, I told one of the people I play with that she looked like a character on a cartoon show (in the outfit she was wearing), and she hadn't seen that cartoon show, so I alt-tabbed out, found it's website, and got a URL of a pic that showed the char I was talking about. Unfortunatly, I froze, and had to reboot. I got back in and gave her the URL, but still. Annoying.

So what I wanna know is if we could do something like specify an exe file that is the webbrowser of choice. Then we could pull up the browser and do whatever.

It would also help those people who are waiting for debuffs to wear off. I imagine alot of people wait for things like exhaust muscles to run out open a browser and check mail, or post on these boards, or whatever.

Long story short, please let us run webbrowsers in-game; it would be uber.
    Last edited by spydr; Nov 21st, 2001 at 05:33:02.

I think if you check off "run in Window-ed mode" in the launcher, you should be able to alt+tab just fine. It comes at the price of performance, but that's just the way things are sometimes.

Talking alt-tab

How about just fixing the alt-tab problem

Hmmm

In-game browser is not a bad idea, but there are other things much higher on the priority list in my opinion... Maybe they will include it, or fix alt-tab when the game is bug-free and working, and all the features are there... (In about 3,5 years)

Anyway, you can always play the game in windowed mode. I do it all the time, and can surf the web, or use other programs while playing AO...
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."