Thread: Put In Skateboards / Hoverboards

Put In Skateboards / Hoverboards

Make them ALL QL 1 so anyone can use it. They would work like the ones in back to the future (2 i think). They can't go over water, but it would be a fun recreational thing to do in the game. You can have races through Rome park with other players and stuff. Perhaps even enable contests with the skate boards!

Something like tony hawk Skater games. it would require massive amounts of coding, but would be well worth it.

Games in games rock.

I was thinking that they should put that stuff to help people who can't afford cars/planes to travel faster. Like if I was going to do a mission I could just put on a pair of rollerblades or something that would increase my speed little bit.

Some of that Omni hi end armour reminds me of jet backpacks, but I do like the hoverboard idea. The only think though is the city guards with need to do traffic control as well

EF.

Yeah! Give them minor run speed buffs, no where near comparable to cars, and make them visible on your character! I like this idea.

Give it to fixers!

Give that as a nano to fixers, who STRONGLY need an enhancement!
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

hehehe rollerblades....nice

Public transportation

What about trains or busses?

*lol*
    DeZiBeL
    220/16
    Forsaken
    TL7
    "Been fixin' since 20/08-2001 17:27:47"

Oh oh oh....

What about making cars that u could use as taxi?
    that would be breat...i could do taxi service to caves etc. would have to make them really fast though...like the yalm, so it would be worth paying for that service =)
    DeZiBeL
    220/16
    Forsaken
    TL7
    "Been fixin' since 20/08-2001 17:27:47"

Re: Oh oh oh....

Originally posted by Dezibel
    What about making cars that u could use as taxi?
    that would be breat...i could do taxi service to caves etc. would have to make them really fast though...like the yalm, so it would be worth paying for that service =)
    with the new engineer nano, where they can teleport members of the team to the engi's location, engi's are actually turned into taxi-drivers.

Are you guys serious?

Planes/cars were meant to expedite travel fo those that can afford it. If you can't.......save up. Adding 'skateboards' would destroy the entire purpose of the planes/cars, because then everyone could do the same thing wihtout spending a huge amount of credits. Planes/cars are a reward for saving that much credits. Don't cheapen that, please.

FC, I sincerely hope that this one isn't taken seriously.

-Nanodood-
    63 NT RK-1

Thumbs down Alternate perspective...

I don't mind the idea, as long as there's no speed boost/run buff for it for a number of reasons.

First, as was said before it lessens the point of cars/planes, and everyone will have to have one to speed themselves up.

Second, it was stated this could evolve into a form of mass transit.... besides the whompas.... and the grid....
    We've got transit, we don't need more.

The whole issue seems to be 'Get from Point A to Point B as soon as possible'. My question is Why? What's the point of having an enormous world if you can get wherever you want so fast. The whole game might as well be one zone if that's the case. Travel should be difficult, and yes slow unless you've got the creds to say otherwise. Adding easier means of transit would require them to drop the money level on missions of distance, as they're not as hard anymore (and we'd hear no end of the screaming over THAT one).

In summation Hoverboards? : Cool Visual, Bad Point...

My 2 creds worth from a differing P.O.V.

JB
    "The Money's Gone, The Mind Is Shot, But The Liquor We've Still Got...."
    "It's a fine line to walk between "No-Surprises Policy", and "Can't-Let-The-Cat-Out-of-the-Bag"
    STOP SUFFOCATING THE DAMN CAT!!!!

Valdazz
    L32 Omni Fixer - RK1
    Cynic Exraordinaire

Bicycles would be fun too... With some reasonable run speed increase like +60...

Imagine an atrox in armor on a bicycle going to hunt... Now that would be something :)

No, there would be a slight movement increase of this. Could be +30 pts or just a flat 10% increase in movement speed. It wouldnt make much sense if your walking speed was the same as a skateboard.

No, i did not intend this to be "transportation" alternative, like what Nanodood is claiming.

This is purely for fun. This game needs fun. And i hope Funcom DOES take it as a serious suggestion.

Honestly, I have several cars, a +234 speed kodiak, a +300 something speed yalmaha (yalmahas don't work on run speed though, cause I go much much faster than my 550 run speed would denote). I am not threatened at all by a +10 run speed or +20 run speed buff on a small skateboard. Don't be so quick to judge a creative idea.

u just say this cuz u have one

nanodood wrote-
    Planes/cars were meant to expedite travel fo those that can afford it. If you can't.......save up. Adding 'skateboards' would destroy the entire purpose of the planes/cars, because then everyone could do the same thing wihtout spending a huge amount of credits. Planes/cars are a reward for saving that much credits. Don't cheapen that, please.

Ur just saying this cuz u can afford those, this would be cool for lower end levels not for u guys it wouldnt compete with yamahas it would be just something fun or better yet u could make them unique or mission rewards or something

The idea is neat, as long as it is kept to a minimum. I agree with the point of the world being huge. Hell, I'm already looking at missions from Tir City to Newland City that are faster to get to than missions in Tir City to Tir City, and are worth more than 3x as much credits... but a +30 run speed or something minimal like that would be great for those 15 minute jogs through the boonies.

I do have to disagree about them being used as sport, like Tony Hawk. That would make the game, which is already bogged down in complexity, a little more complex. I think it would suffice to add a few special social animations in, to jump, grab, and to other minor tricks.

I also disagree with the simplicity of the devices. IMHO, there should be, say, 30 QLs, each designating the bonus to run speed, and each fitting for its level; eg, a level 10 char would be best suited to the QL 10 board, +10 run speed. That maintains a good % boost, except for at low, low levels, which you're only doing missions in city for anyway, so it doesn't matter. There should also be some amount of skill required to use one; staying on a bloody skateboard is hard enough, not to mention one floating 6" above the ground and going over uneven surfaces. Say, an agility/sense or something score fitting to the aforementioned QL. Another req is that when used, they should be a constant "run" deal. When you stop, it dismounts back to your inv. This would also make any zoning errors a no brainer.

Ninjaman
    bump. Consider this PLEASE!