Thread: They should change MAs to MDAs...

Thumbs down They should change MAs to MDAs...

Minimum Damage Artists.

ROFLOL oh that is choice.

not laughing at you.. laughing with you.. I have an MA friend I play with every day and have to say.. pathetic damage. He and I (hammer using enforcer) used to put out at least comperable damage, now he is gimped.

Heheh!

I laughed when I saw this, and thought of it as I was hitting 47, 47, 47, 47, 47, 47, 47 against a light orange rookie enforcer. I almost died from that fight (survived with 9 hitpoints) because I was busy writing down the name of the mob so I could report it to Funcom. I've got a long list, believe me.

Lucky I had blessed with thunder! But seriously, that's just ABSURD. 47? Forty-seven when I can normally hit for 100-200? Oy. I was happy to see some non-human NPC mobs on one of my missons. And yep, the lowest min hit I got was around 70, and that was a rarity.

Funny thing is, I don't hit min against NPC martial artists. IRONY.
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films

*turns the whine-o-meter (tm) knob to 11*

Cosmik or someone, can we get a public acknowledgement of this issue?

Yeah im so tired of ALLWAYS hitting for minimum.
    My hits look like this
    498 (crit)

This really disturbes me, at lvl 104 you would think an MA should be powerfull.

My crit brawls maxes out at 1800 but mostly i crit for 1400 on red mobs, wich by comparison is pretty damn crappy if you look at guns.

Vandame

I've absolutely no problem with doing less damage than weapons honestly. But I do have a problem with not being able to:

1. kick more than once in my lifetime. How many times has your MA kicked? Me? Only once ... Level 41 currently. *cough* variety and fun *cough*.

2. do more than minimum damage. Combat is exceedingly boring when you know exactly how much damage every single hit is going to do. Plus, it's a tad frustrating.

I think its funny that MA's seem to think that they are hurt by this current AC bug more than someone using a gun. The REAL MDA's are anyone using a gun with a minimum damage between 1 and 5, like a nova flow/e-beamer/mausser. You hit for 40 some odd damage? Bring a friend along using one of these weapons and watch them do 1/3 maybe 1/2 the damage you're doing, and slower. MA's also get a program that adds 8% to their crits, with the recent downgrade of the low light targeting scope, a prof using a gun crits for almost 1/3 as much. As it is right now I would LOVE to be a MA of the same level I am, 37. If I could do 40 damage per hit it would actually be feasible for me to kill something stronger than a green or light yellow with a damage shield throwing back 11 damage at me and healing itself 5-7 times in a fight, without zoning 3 or 4 times and using 10+ first aid kits. If an MA thinks they are hurting more than other professions using a gun right now in the current mission situation, you're sorely mistaken.

Me with ql46 nova flow: 15,15,15,15,15,15,15,15,15,15,15,15,15,15,15,15,15

Me with 90 martial arts:
    17(wait 15 seconds), 17, (wait 15 seconds), 17

I wonder what I would be hitting like if I had maxxed martial arts, brawling, phys init, etc? Much better than right now.

wait till u see pistols....

*snicker* It's true, we MA's like to cry, but give us credit where it's due. We make noise, because we can't raise our weapons QL. We're 100% dependent on our minimum damage , and as we gain levels, that min goes up way slower than the mobs. We simply can't beat the curve. Don't get me wrong, I realize the other classes are just as hosed at the moment, but nobody's holding you back from trying to outmatch us on the "whine-O-meter." Good luck though, I take great pride in my whining and am quite competitive. We're all in the same boat more or less until they get this AC stuff straightend out.

Funcom is probably horrified that there are people like me with no lives that have nothing better to do than scrutinize and b**** about some game 24/7, but hey! It's their job to keep the product up to snuff if they want us to keep beta- er I mean using it.

Wink

Amen Ming, MA's dont put out enough DMG at all, reguardless of the AC on mobs.
    I currently have just over 800 MA/Brawl skill and hit yellow/green mobs for 140dmg, thats retarded.
    I suggest FC put a damage increase on skill above 700 like they did before at 200. I want to see brawl do a 'set' dmg like counting as 2 hits just like burst counts as 3 bullets, this random brawl is useless as it is.

also one more thing:

MAKE DIMACH REFRESH FASTER!!!!!!!

Thats all.

-Bloodseed
    121 Martial Artist
    Last edited by Bloodseed; Nov 22nd, 2001 at 11:22:40.

WOOT I Kicked!!

Originally posted by zeroframerate
    I've absolutely no problem with doing less damage than weapons honestly. But I do have a problem with not being able to:

1. kick more than once in my lifetime. How many times has your MA kicked? Me? Only once ... Level 41 currently. *cough* variety and fun *cough*.

2. do more than minimum damage. Combat is exceedingly boring when you know exactly how much damage every single hit is going to do. Plus, it's a tad frustrating.
    I kicked a mob last night in a mission, I darn near fell out of my chair. First time for me in 64 levels with this MDA and 24 with the original

Talking

bump

make dimach refresh faster!

dont make dimach refresh faster.

and yeah, I do actually play an MA. fix the rest, but dont make dimach refresh faster

why? itd be too easy. kill a hard mob. see hard mob. sit down, make coffee, come back dimach hard mob etc etc. the wait at the moment is about right on the pain/gain slider, we dont need MAs dimaching every red mob they can find.

Imagine a group of MAs with fast dimach in PvP. doesnt bear thinking about.

Dimach is a last resort attack, leave it there, it does its job well. what I would say is: when I Dimach, I DO NOT expect it to EVER get parried. I waited 30 mins for it, at least make it land!

Originally posted by hexxia
    dont make dimach refresh faster.

and yeah, I do actually play an MA. fix the rest, but dont make dimach refresh faster

Dimach is a last resort attack, leave it there, it does its job well. what I would say is: when I Dimach, I DO NOT expect it to EVER get parried. I waited 30 mins for it, at least make it land!
    bump.

AND FIX THE MA WEAPONS!. Please!!
    I like my ql 74 wall blade, but with all the zoning/buffing bugs its really a pain to use them.