Thread: My toons diary. (comments welcome - but no flames please :)

Post My toons diary. (comments welcome - but no flames please :)

Finally my player logged in today - He had a lot of work to do, so it got rather late before he could log-in and we could go doing stuff here on Rubi-ka.
    After we had said hello to the other Guild mates we headed over to a mission terminal to see if we could get a mission with some good lewt - and maybee a bit of cash.. the cash flow has been somewhat small after the people who give me missions started cheating me, and made me go all the way to a mission - Slaughter everything inside and then CHEAT me for my reward. But I think my former mission assign people has been canned, seems like im getting my payment as agreed now.
    Man.. But the new mission assigners are so happy with cloth and nanos.. they try to offer me endless stacks of Miiir outfit and nanos that I as a fixer cant even use.
    Finally after allmost 7k of mission camping we found a mission were the lewt was a good armor - could be soled for 50-60k when we would return from the mission. plus that the money reward was 20k - nice thing..

As I entered Newland to drive the rest of the way to the mission.. It was like someone had put me down in a bowl of jelly - I couldnt hardly move.. and I was seeing the world like a slideshow - Suddenly I could no longer feel the presence of my player.. Sadly that has happend a lot - like he just dissapears and 3-4 mins later its like he is relogging the world.. strange.
    Well - the world cleared up and we could move again.. We were off to the mission.. I got into my car_ damn crap model I have bought me here.. It takes 10 seconds! for the cockpit door to open so I can get in. (Must remember to take it to the Car repair and ask if something wrong with the thingy that opens to the interior).
    Oh and now we are at the strange things part dear diary - I think I had something stolen form my apartment yesterday, so odd - they stole a lot of stuff but they were so kind to leave exactly 10 items - they even stole my lava lamp?! - the one grandma gave me.
    Well - back to reality. As we reached the mission we got inside the cave (Another borring thing in my life - I think that the mission assigners hate me. they allways gives me borring caves, were I have to shoot all the people inside, Its getting rather sad as I used 6 years on Rubi-ka University to learn how to hack and now Im forced to do missions that even an Atrox soldier can do).
    When we stepped inside the next room - 3 nanocasters attacked me - I fire my burst.. 112 dmg!?!! - I used a lot of creds on this ql 100 mausser, and it cant even hit. Im getting the fealing that the gun salesman ripped me off when I bought it. Maybee He tampered with the description of the Quality Level.
    Well - I could just kill one of the NT's and had to flee the cave. But after 3-4 tryes I finally had them all 6 feet under.
    Well dear diary u know the drill - we slaughtered our way through the cave for 90 minuttes killing, killing, killing.. (Remind me to get a new appointment with the shrink - Im getting very concerned that all this slaughtering is the main reason for those damn nightmares I have when sleeping)
    After 90 minuttes in the mission - Offcourse I ran Out of Combat first aids.. With still a lot of mission rooms left - me and my player simply decided that we had killed enough and just wanted that damn fine armor and money that was the reward (It wasnt even an assasination mission - we were ordered to find an item and bring it back home) - So I buffed up my run speed and started running through the last 10-15 rooms left, getting all sorts of enemys on my tale - hehe.. I thought at that time they are not hitting me. And we found the thing.. wepooo.. We found it finally..! - dear diary can u imagine my surprise when I found out that the item was glued to the freaking ground !! - Yes sir, I couldnt pick it up.. It was just staying on the ground as I was trying to pick it up. My player was screaming at me to hurry because enemys were getting awefully close and personally.. But no luck - I simply couldnt take it off the ground - My communication channels wasnt even displaying any errors.. It just didnt move. Well With half my health left we decided to get out of there. I took the first step in to the next room - And suddenly I woke Up at the reclaim.. killed with over half of my health left.. Like god took Out his .44 and put an end to my misery.

This world isnt fair to me - I have worked hard as a loyal member of the clans, done my share of work to get our small community running. I have even helped out newcommers so that they would feel welcome and appreciated - AND STILL I get killed with over half my health left, my work isnt easy when I cant pick items off the ground. My mausser dosnt work.. nothing works - I should never have come to Rubi-ka.. I should have stayed home at earth together with grandma.

Dear diary - After yet another failed attempt for my player to have some fun - he decided to log off. Its funny because when he started, he was on Rubi-ka all the time and we had a lot of fun despite the problems it is clear that Rubi-ka has. But as time has gone by (and not much have changed to the world), I have noticed that it is not the happy player that used to guide me around, but it has become more and more often that he logs in - And hopes that things can go smooth - But he allways gets dissapointed, and I am so worried that one day I will not see him any more.

So now I sit here all by mysellf on a small hill outside Tir, looking at the moons - wondering if this planet ever will be a nice place to live. Goodnight diary...

Kohistan
    Fixer

[from the diary of Spdyr]

Dear Diary, today I noticed something odd...my actions were about six seconds behind my thoughts. Very annoying. The most annoying thing was my brain said one thing, and the world said another, so I couldn't even try to adjust for this delay, because my nanocontroller kept telling me I was already running a program. I know that if I try to do anything, there is a six second delay, but the part of my mind that runs my nanocontroller doesn't seem to grasp that..so I have to wait an added six seconds to try to run another formula. Go Figure.

Dear Diary, I'm still getting the six-second delay for some reason, and now my eyes seem to be studdering. Unless I look strait at the ground, the world seems to skip rather than the smooth transition I had before. Perhaps I should have them replaced? Aside from that, I had a great time fighting robots that are also affiliated with Omni-Tek, that for some reason, decide I'm a valid target. I guess the programmers don't like nanomage nanotechnitions. Go Figure.

Dear Diaray, I just recieved word that the R&D team from Omni-Tek developed or discovered (or stole) a new method of matter transportation and a new forcefield. Unfortunatly, through all my searching, I have yet to even meet another nanotech that has seen the forcefield. On the bright side, it'll only cost me an arm and a leg to be able to teleport back to Rome when I want. Good thing the Grid is free! I heard that nanotechs were going to get a tremendous boost, but instead we got an expensive substitute for the grid. Go Figure.

Dear Diary, I just found out that the Clanner Scum have developed a new method of protecting themselves from Faithful Omni-Tek employees in battle. It seems to cut all damage in half! Good thing the R&D team from Omni-Tek ...researched the new method, and reproduced it, thus protecting Faithful Omni-Tek employees in a similar way during combat. Well, I did the math, and I figured out that I will be totally exhausted after a minute and a half of combat. During which (if they dont' do anything), I have an infetesimal chance at killing them. I love mathematical impossibilites. Go Figure.

Dear Diary, I just found out that the I.C.C. (also refered to as 'Funcom' for some reason I can't figure out) is releasing the blueprints for all sorts of constructed items at an incredible rate! I tried to make a nanocrystal so I could share my latest program with a friend, and found out that there was now way to copy programs from my memory onto the storage medium of crystals. Not only that, but I'd have to sell an arm and a leg in order to pay for the raw materials to make the crystal, much less imbed the program into it. Go Figue.

-----------------

More to come...Stay Tuned! (I.E. It's 1:03am and I have class in seven hours)
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!