Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crits are too darn easy

Crits are too darn easy

Considering at high level a martial artist is your best friend before battle and crits is the only thing people depend on, not stradgy, not team help, just crit crit crit! If i see one more shotgun (which i know i will) im gonna puke my guts out if they dont get critted out first. I remember playing final fantasy 7 and critting once evey 100 fights not once every dang shot thats insane. I fought a adventure and a doc the other day i bursted him with a ql 184 chem massuer and his hp didnt move when it took 600 hp but he hit me 3 times in a row for 1099! wtf? Of course i didnt stay to congradulate him on his crit ratio but instead i "tatically retreated" untill i got out of his short range. Almost reminds me of the old days when i got aimed shot for 9999999 and died. And also can someone tell me how the evades work i must be doing something wrong because my evades are maxed at 1056, 956, 906 so give me some info if you can.

The crit engulfer.
    "We run for Radaman we run from the store clerk with his bull@#$% gun, i feel like im on a fu****** trackteam." 2pac-Juice

omg

I KNEW IT!
    Evades dont do jack!

Crits need to be unarmed only.

Of course evades wont help when someone has a 24% chance of critting you anway.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

The game has become based on crits and overequipping. Because MOBS are so tough, normal shots are useless, and everyone just waits for the crit. I absolutely agree that crits should be FF7-style rarity... "WOW! look at that!" not, "my regular shots suck, but I'll crit soon"
    My MA's attacks are just filler until my brawl recycles.

Along with fixing overequipping
    I think the MA line of crits should be drastically reduced, down to say 2%, 4%, 8%, 12% or so. And fyi- I play an MA (a lot more than my NT). Funcom should just "silent-nerf" this by changing game mechanics instead of the nanos themselves though, cause too many whiney-babies will freak out.
    I know I'm probably pissing a lot of people off, but until overpowered players are fixed, MOBs will stay overpowered. Only by nerfing the entire playerbase can we balance the mobs. Only by balancing the mobs can we balance the different player classes.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

crits suck, they are 90% of pvp damage and 80% of pve damage. That just aint right.

But they need to lower mob hp a little (about 60%) to make less crits work.

I remember a time back in late beta/early live when a crit was like "wow cool! look at that a crit!"

Now it is like "WTF I didnt crit!" (actually I dont say that cause I crit far to much)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

No flames? Crits must really be a problem when no one even comes along to flame me for asking that the game be tougher...

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

YOU DIRDY SKUMBAG TRYIHNG TO NUFR CRITZ WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!@!@!21212312

Oh wait.

You are right.

critz have to go, you should have normal dice roll chance of a crit now its almost atou matic which means you waisted your ip on evades

Crits dont really have to go, Evades just need to be made much stronger so that if you have 900 in your evade (or duck, etc...), and I have 900 in attack rating, then you have a 50% chance to not be hit....its that simple. Same goes for Nano Resist. Say Besheba has 1000 MC and she try to cast a spell on me and I have 750 nano resist, then i should have a 25% chance of shrugging off the spell. This would make it fair. the only thing casters would have to worry about then would be enforcers with a high end rage running and having a massive nano resist.

If evades and attack rating worked on the same principles, it would make this whole thing a moot point. The only thing that FC would then have to do is take a look at Grid Armor so that Fixers with Mk IV would not be untouchable in PvP

What do you think of this....would this be fair if implemented in this manner?
    ~Manchilde

actually at LOW levels against mobs they miss a lot with maxed evades, problem is this....

our skills go up linearly

Mob's skills go up exponentially

In pvp I still dont understand it, crits in pvp are either

1) bugged

2) tweeked to beat the bands

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

i most adimately agree only one problem here your telling this to all the people that agree with you or only fight mobs wich dont all have a uvc or lma running this needs to go on all boards spammed if need be i do think it is that unbalancing

evades do work

Evades do work, BUT it is only effective against lowbies.

The reason evades sucks is because of this one fact:

If ATK rating equals evades then percent chance to hit is 75%.

Given this and the fact that ATK is a LOT easier to raise than evade (attack being lighter than evades to most professions and easier to implant and wrangle), ATK are never equal to evades for equal level players, but a LOT higher. Thus making evades appear to be broken.

Evades do work, just not very well. If Funcom wants to extend the length of battles then make ATK equal evades = 50% chance to hit and evades will be much more effective.

My take on this

... and yes, criticals are insane and should be lowered.

Someone told that criticals dont check for evade at all and thats why those hurt so damn much so, if this is true, then with high QL scope and critical buff you have around 30% (?) critical chance regardless of his evades.

Even while two of my chars are equipped for relying on crits (Trader and Soldier) I think that the way this now works is stupid. Something should be done but if critical chance is lowered, the monster health should be lowered same time.

Making a change on this would also give NT's the boost they need and then their nukes would do nice damage again compared to weapon users. Now criticals make them look bad in comparision.

Zarch and da chars

I'll throw my voice in behind the "no more crits" call too. It sucks that to do missions I HAVE to get a crit buff. It sucks that to compete in pvp I HAVE to get a crit buff. It sucks that crits are so important that I'm raising trade skills on my soldier so I can equip a scope, wtf kinda soldier raises trade skills?

As a trader with 34% crit chance,

I agree crits have to go back to the design board.

Evades, resists, crits, armor, min damage should be balanced so every weapon in the game is viable and fight last a reasonable amount of time.

PvP is not fun ATM, and don't forget we have casters using guns, so good luck finding a viable formula, including outside buffs and the like.

This doth not bode well...

Same experience here Failed Fixer.

I had 800 evades + full defense.

A lvl 100 trader jumped me.

I dont think a lvl 100 trader could have more than 800 attack rating w/o draining

But this was what I got hit for,
    1005, 1005, 1005, 45, 1005...

So Ive decided to dump my evade implants.

Originally posted by Dropcid
    The game has become based on crits and overequipping. Because MOBS are so tough, normal shots are useless, and everyone just waits for the crit. I absolutely agree that crits should be FF7-style rarity... "WOW! look at that!" not, "my regular shots suck, but I'll crit soon"
    My MA's attacks are just filler until my brawl recycles.

Along with fixing overequipping
    I think the MA line of crits should be drastically reduced, down to say 2%, 4%, 8%, 12% or so. And fyi- I play an MA (a lot more than my NT). Funcom should just "silent-nerf" this by changing game mechanics instead of the nanos themselves though, cause too many whiney-babies will freak out.
    I know I'm probably pissing a lot of people off, but until overpowered players are fixed, MOBs will stay overpowered. Only by nerfing the entire playerbase can we balance the mobs. Only by balancing the mobs can we balance the different player classes.

-D
    FU me and every agent depends on those MA nanos....not for lame PvP but for survival!
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

Originally posted by haniblecter

FU me and every agent depends on those MA nanos....not for lame PvP but for survival!

Everyone, yes EVERYONE relies on crits for survival, that is why we say something needs to be done, dont be so damn defensive. NOBODY is worth a DAMN without crits. When they nerfed AS they gave agent weapons more crits, so you got it better than most in that catagory.

ROFLOL

Evades are useless in PvP. That is to damn stupid.
    NT phone HOME!!

Originally posted by Yazule

Everyone, yes EVERYONE relies on crits for survival, that is why we say something needs to be done, dont be so damn defensive. NOBODY is worth a DAMN without crits. When they nerfed AS they gave agent weapons more crits, so you got it better than most in that catagory.
    That's exactly what i'm saying.
    Just so you know, on top of my NT, I also play an MA (primarily) and an Agent occasionally.
    As it is now, no one can/will fight without crits. Might as well call crits our normal shots, and call our normal shots "un-crits".
    If crits get reduced... mobs will be waaaaaay too tough.
    If mobs are waaaaaay too tough, Funcom will scale them back... they will have to, there will be no choice.

Then, maybe when I fight an advent mob that's lvl 60, he'll use the type of damage shield a lvl60 advent would, instead of the kind of damage shield a lv150 would. Maybe he'll have 1300 health instead of 3500.... wouldn't that be nice? Maybe my NT could be a "master of damage" like he was supposed to be instead of just another average damage class with no health and AC?!

Crits, overequipping, and exploits are ruining this game more and more every day. And NO ONE wants to think about making any changes that might fix the game, if it cuts into their little "special" realms. I'm not supporting this because it will make me uber (although it might make my NT worthwhile), I'm supporting it because it would make the game a lot more playable.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast