Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neutral Application Forms

Question Neutral Application Forms

In 29250:
    The first "neutrals" appear when Omni-Tek employees - as well as clan members - abandon their affiliations and settle in non-political zones. Fearing more ICC interventions, OT authorities turn a blind eye to these neutrals.

People were given a choice over two hundred years ago to leave Omni and leave the Clans to become neutral.

Why now in the year 29476 am I forced to stay in the clans which are becoming more and more radical?

Let it be known that the organization Conscientious Objectors is here to show the powers at be that neutral application forms need to be made available. You shouldn't have to stay on a side of the conflict that you don't agree with fully.

You should have the choice to be neutral!

Vivacity
    81 Doctor

Yeah if I could I would go back to neutral.. oh well..

Yes, why aren't there Neutral Application Forms? Seems kinda odd.

Post heh

Cause joining one side or the other is like joining the mob....

yer in, for life.

the only advantage neuts have is that the guards are never aggro on them.....and you always had that choice in the beginning, and were warned that neutral is the only affiliation that you can never go back to...

makes neutrals the natural go betweens now doesn't it...heh

SURE hope their guards stay friendly.....

Technically, OT should have 2 classes: OT and Not OT. The Clans should respect the neutral alignment fully.

In game balance terms, this isn't possible, but in game world terms, it is how it should be...
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Yeah give us some neutral apps!

Lightbulb Neutral Apps, good idea

I know neutral application forms are kind of a paradox because being Neutral is per se not applicating to one side or another but I think those forms should exist. Let me explain : my main character is Neutral and he will stay neutral till the end but I made a mistake once (by the time I wasn't aware I could delete items in my inventory, yeah I know, I'm kinda dumb but hey! I'm an Atrox!) and because of an unfortunate right click I turned Clan. The only option I had was to delete my character and make the same one all over again! I lost about a month leveling, but now I deleted thos darn OT and Clan forms ! Anyway, if there wer Neutral Application forms at that time I would have be able to correct my mistake and not to loose all that time.

Exclamation a must!

Give us Neutral Application Forms!

One might argue that a character is too biased once he has been clan or omni to return to true neutrality but I most definately disagree. If it wasnt for disadents leaving clan and omni there would be no neutral faction in the first place.

Vivacity has stated above the offical history of how Neuts came about. Why is it different today than then?

I have personally discussed this with quite a number of folks in-game and have found that there are quite a number of Clanners that "accidentaly" converted from neutrality in the innocense of youth. Are we going to hold this adolescent mistake against them, funcom?

We are petitioning. Only you can make it happen.

- Gait, 81 Advent member of the clan guild Conscientious Objectors.

I agree with the views stated above. But becoming neutral should not be trivial. If one does decide to leave the evil corporation or those hooligan clanners you should be forced to stay neutral for a while.

just my 2 creds.
    Everybody needs an 808
    Everybody needs a 303

Smile Yes!

Neutral application forms ARE needed!

What you are asking for is resignation forms without having to apply to the other side - a sort of "true neutral anarchist."

Interesting.... but then again, like said above, you're either with us or you're not.

Omni Tek is your friend
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

I agree! I know tons of people who are clan just because they accidently used their clan application form. Heck, I did it- and promptly deleted the character.

I know some neutrals don't agree with the idea of neutral forms (they feel that there's kudos in being a high lvl neut, because people know you got there without ever having superior nanos, token board, or easy to reach insurance), so maybe a compromise could be making the clan/omni application forms less easy to use: something like a simple 'are you sure you wish to join the clans/omni-tek? yes/no' type dialogue box would do. Heck, you get one joining a guild, and this is a far more serious decision!

Personally, though, I'm in favour of a neut application form.

I think that it would be neat to have to use the application form in the REGISTRATION OFFICES... the one in Tir is just kinda chilling there doing nothing.

I also think that you should need to resign from one side first, going to neutral for 24 hours, THEN join the other side... it would slow down side jumping and allow for logically switching to neutral.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Umm neutral means you have no side. When you chose a side you ceased being neutral. Therefore, there is no way to become neutral again. If you didn't want an affiliation you shouldn't have choined a side. You can switch between omni and clan as much as you want but thats just playing sides. Being neutral means you haven't passed judgement yet
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

Smile Everybody makes mistakes

Agree, but if someone goes Clan or Omni by mistake (seems I'm not the only one who did it)? The idea of asking 'Are you really sure you want to become a Clan/Omni member' is pretty good. It wouldn't make the Neutral application necessary (as, I guess, the most Neutral characters for life are the ones who choose neutrality during the creation process) and it would prevent unfortunate left-clicks to mess a whole character.
    But then again, maybe I'm wrong and there is a significant part of Omni/Clanners who'd want to become Neutral, which makes perfect sense, people should have the right to turn their back to the conflict.

Talking Re: heh

Originally posted by CorwynRose
    Cause joining one side or the other is like joining the mob....

yer in, for life.

the only advantage neuts have is that the guards are never aggro on them.
    For lack of a better term BULL HOCKEY.

For starters there is no death, and im still getting shot as a neutural adv by ALL SIDES. The only areas this doesn't happen in are 100 percent zones.

Omni/Clan Resignation Forms

They would have to be Omni/Clan Resignation Forms since Neutral is a hodge-podge of different political involvement and opinion, not really against or for anything.

Talking

I agree there should be both an "Are you sure?" dialog box and neutral applications. Or they could make another faction for people who have left Omni or the Clans. It could be an outcast faction, they'd be neutral but people could still tell they had been a member of Omni/Clan. So that people couldn't claim they had worked their way up as neutral when actually they weren't.
    That's just my 2...no, 1 credit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast